Let's be friends... :-P

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
eusti

03 Apr 2015

This was probably already part of their marketing emails for a while, but it just rubs me the wrong way... We might just not share the same definition of what "friendship" means...

D.
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-04-03_at_11.10.52_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-04-03_at_11.10.52_AM.png (89.03 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

It's Facebook that doesn't share your definition of "friends". ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

03 Apr 2015

selig wrote:It's Facebook that doesn't share your definition of "friends". ;)
I agree. But in that setting it has become a verb even: To friend somebody... Which is different (to me) than "be friends"...

D.

CharlyCharlzz

03 Apr 2015

I friend you all up :s0801:
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:
I agree. But in that setting it has become a verb even: To friend somebody... Which is different (to me) than "be friends"...

D.
So why does it rub you the wrong way, if you don't mind me asking?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

03 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:

D.
selig wrote:
Might be just me being grumpy today! :P

But honestly, I feel "let's be friends" quite contrary to what happened with the closing of the forums...
If that's what friends do, I don't think I want to be friends with that person / thing... At least not the way it was done...

D.

Tincture

03 Apr 2015

Heh heh, grumpy eusti :) being English I think it should say "Do make our acquaintance, old bean, whot whot"

motuscott

03 Apr 2015

Mate, I have a rather buttload of likes here for ya. :thumbup:
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

eusti

03 Apr 2015

Thanks, guys!!! You made me laugh!

Anyways, I'm not saying "they shouldn't have closed the forum the way they did",
but I just think trying to be friends now sounds disingenuous...

D.

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:

D.
selig wrote:
eusti wrote:
Might be just me being grumpy today! :P

But honestly, I feel "let's be friends" quite contrary to what happened with the closing of the forums...
If that's what friends do, I don't think I want to be friends with that person / thing... At least not the way it was done...

D.
Maybe they are emphasizing the fact they are moving from an anti-social approach to a "social" approach? ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

03 Apr 2015

selig wrote:
Maybe they are emphasizing the fact they are moving from an anti-social approach to a "social" approach? ;)
You have the amazing ability to look for the good in things! Hats off to you!

D.

Ostermilk

03 Apr 2015

selig wrote:
That's the kind of thing my local 2nd hand car dealer would tell you he was doing while he's buttering you up in order to get at the folding in your walllet.

He's good at it.  He's got me so many great deals on clapped out motors in the past that he drives round in a brand new Jag.

:D

Flandersh

03 Apr 2015

I mentioned, possibly, that kind of 'friendship' in my note 'A celebration of the good friendship':
This is not to dismiss the importance of useful [..] relationships, being a part of nature they are also necessities and limits of the human. However, those kind of relationships does not give any guarantee that the relation is considered a friendship by all the parts, and they are not necessary prolonged to guarantee a study on them on a rational foundation.

Tincture

03 Apr 2015

Flandersh wrote:I mentioned, possibly, that kind of 'friendship' in my note
Flandersh wrote::
This is not to dismiss the importance of useful [..] relationships, being a part of nature they are also necessities and limits of the human. However, those kind of relationships does not give any guarantee that the relation is considered a friendship by all the parts, and they are not necessary prolonged to guarantee a study on them on a rational foundation.
Way to get deep Flandersh! I still have your toolkit ReFill :)

hydlide

03 Apr 2015

i still have a "friendship" invite pending from propellerheads. I am not accepting this, since they kind of know why I am not accepting it to like their page...

* plays message in a bottle (Leo has seen this ;) )

• Information