Star Wars sound design

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
JoshuaPhilgarlic

16 Mar 2015

The next Star Wars movie is lurking behind the corner and so just in time I found this (pretty old indeed) video about Star Wars sound design. Still amazing :D !

Gaja

17 Mar 2015

Thanks for posting. Should I get bored later on today, I'll have something to keep me from lurking on 9gag.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

craven

17 Mar 2015

Gaja wrote:Thanks for posting. Should I get bored later on today, I'll have something to keep me from lurking on 9gag.
it's a cool video on SW sounddesign - but 9gag is unbeatable when it comes to procrastination.
I see that your avatar is also 9gag inspired :)
:ugeek:

moofi

18 Mar 2015

Thank you for posting. :-)
In addition I remember seeing a "making of" from one of the first Starwars movies back in the days, where they hit a big tent´s (circus tent size) steelrope with a wrench to create a laser sound.

-008'

18 Mar 2015

I guess I always plug this in the StarWars sound fx threads, :P but here is my attempt at making such sounds using Reason. With only native-reason synthesis...no RE, no samples. :)  It looks like it's about the 9th one down on the props free ReFill list: SpaceFights >> https://www.propellerheads.se/download/ ... lType=Free

IDK why i went only reason-native for it, but what's done is done. :D  I had alot of fun making that and reading up on the SW sound design stuff, and Ben Burtt's stories like the one moofi mentioned about the tent wire or the big wires that hold up antennae or telephone poles, etc. It's really great stuff!
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Rice

18 Mar 2015

Thanks for sharing, i really needed to see this.

CharlyCharlzz

18 Mar 2015

big fan of spring pew pew pew right here :)
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

• Information