The Verge = sellout's !

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
CharlyCharlzz

11 Mar 2015

I'm almost done with the Verge , i counted 34 apples related threads from them on Facebook in 24hrs (only about apple) ,
some guys on FB says they counted more then 70 ?!?!
I had some of my best read's with them but I think I will unlike and unfallow them for a few weeks just for the PUN and read synthopia insted :D .

I Wonder why they did spam FB this way .

edit :
PS : sorry if this thread sound horrible , angry or troll spaming to you guys by the way !
I think advertisements is a mind polutions when :
I Watch TV and advertisements are playing 3 times louder then the movie I was watching .

When on the Radio the music stop and a commercial with War settings of loudness is make it very importent to be heard Inside your guts with comedians screaming and crazy sound skit's.

When my virtual or physical mailbox is full of Mail's of guy's saying I should buy there tutorial's or pill's to have a bigger ego and that the one's not in it are useless ...
When I log on Facebook and Read 30 or more very similar Post's made by the same user the very same day that takes all the board's with no room for the friends feed's !

so I just wanted to add this to not make you feel like I feel when I Read crazy screamer's :D
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

platzangst

11 Mar 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:I Wonder why they did spam FB this way .

edit :
PS : sorry if this thread sound horrible , angry or troll spaming to you guys by the way !
Well, to be fair, hasn't Apple just made one of their announcements about upcoming new products and services? Whether or not it also serves as promotion for Apple - I'm sure Apple doesn't mind being talked about - if your site has an interest in advancements in consumer technology, what Apple does is in some way going to be newsworthy and a topic of discussion...

"Capitalism for good or ill is the river in which we sink or swim, and stocks the supermarket. " --Gary Panter, the Rozz-Tox Manifesto

CharlyCharlzz

12 Mar 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:I Wonder why they did spam FB this way .

edit :
platzangst wrote:
Well, to be fair, hasn't Apple just made one of their announcements about upcoming new products and services? Whether or not it also serves as promotion for Apple - I'm sure Apple doesn't mind being talked about - if your site has an interest in advancements in consumer technology, what Apple does is in some way going to be newsworthy and a topic of discussion...

"Capitalism for good or ill is the river in which we sink or swim, and stocks the supermarket. " --Gary Panter, the Rozz-Tox Manifesto

I have no problem reading about all the news possible on apple but I have 600 Facebook threads and verge posted so many threads on apple in 24hrs that I had to scroll and look for them .
posting 100+ exact same threads on 48 hrs is a total scandal and prooves it was just pure spam !
maybe they will all write there next stuff using the last MacBook at verge but they can't throw there trash on my news board and get out of it just like that .
so no they are no doing tech news here !
they just fanboy hacking media space suckers who ride for free stuff :D

gullum

12 Mar 2015

come one I took a look at their FB page and was scrolling down and saw 3-4 apple related posts among the first 200, Apple released a new Macbook and new details about iWatch. that probable big news to a big chunk of the 400k followers they have. They post news about tech and 2 days ago Apple was the big news. Today is something else tomorrow might be only news you like and everyone else on their list hates.

CharlyCharlzz

12 Mar 2015

I anderstand what you say but maybe you did not look fare back enougth , my Facebook board is set to get the most popular post's up front so yesterday I had all the apple related verge post's they done for 48hrs or at least half of them poping up .
I was not the only one because I clicked on those to write something like (chill out guys) but noticed guys saying the exact same thing with count's of post's .
if Verge is in your like's and have more then 20 of your fb friends that also did you end up Under a tsunami of there threads each time one of your friends click like .

maybe they dont even know we can be poluted by them this way , but from yesterday 16H00 to two days ago the numbers of apple related topics whent mental on there FB , sometimes it's not apple it says nokia but two words later it says i-phone etc...

I would not do such threads if I did not find something was wrong , it was pure spam festival on my Facebook and if I was from apple I would thank Verge with something for this :D

gullum

12 Mar 2015

yes I can see it's annoying but it a tech news page so all big new (apple now) will flood their followers. I'm a DJ and one popular DJ relate site seams they need to remind me at least 4-5 time a week about their beginner course I can buy. So i feel you pain.

• Information