The "What do you play?" thread

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
tibah

08 Mar 2015

Nerds, musicians and hopefully some gamers around here (if music and forums wouldn't be enough waste of time already! ;) ).

I'm huge fan of http://www.gog.com/. A nice place to buy DRM free games, including a money back guarantee if a game doesn't work on your system. A lot of classic games, patched to work on modern machines, but also some modern games that have a certain "vintage" vibe to them and a decent collection of indie games. Overall, a nicer place for myself than Steam, with great deals every week.

So, what do you guys play? I'm currently revisting an old classic like Baldur's Gate 2. Loads of fun with Lords of Xulima, which is a new RPG with an old-school flair to it, turn-based combat mechanics and a party creation system that is fun to experiment with. Last but not least, Shadowrun Returns, a remake of a classic SNES game that has a fun turn-based combat system and great modding options. I love the art-style very much. Cyberpunk hurray!

Passionately waiting for Pillars of Eternity, a kickstarter project that raised over $4 mil, inspired by the old Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment) and the Witcher 3! :)

jappe

08 Mar 2015

Haven't got too much time to play these days!
I found gaming took time and energy from other things, like for example making music.
But some casual gaming some weekends; wow(pop basically), World Of Tanks, occasionally Skyrim, Gw2.

Kov

08 Mar 2015

I used to play MS Flight Simulator a lot. Really power user style. Like real time transoceanic flights with astro navigation and stuff. Since i started with reason i rarely ever took the time for it anymore.

Few months ago i rediscovered Magic The Gathering. Used to play back in 96,97. Talked about some collegues at work about "nerd" stuff we used to do and that came up with all uf us. Since it's cards and you can also play it against yourself i used it mainly for breaks and stepping away from the computer during mixing sessions.

Jagwah

09 Mar 2015

I pretty much only play Battlefield 4 on PS3. Occasionally GTA5. I kept looking and couldn't find another game I was interested in, finally I got a cheap copy of a new Tekken game, used to love it years ago and I just don't like how different it is, all these big combos where people keep killing you while you are in the air and there's nothing you can do, it used to be a real precise block and counter game and it has lost that, I don't think I will play it much.

I tend to stop playing after an hour as that's about my limit these days, which is a good thing, I don't want to be wasting too much time on them, but I do love them for a bit of down time.

Gaja

09 Mar 2015

I play dominion. It's a board game, not a video game, but it is tons of fun, no two games are the same.
And you can play it online as well as a campaign on playdominion.com
Cheers!
Fredhoven

C//AZM

09 Mar 2015

Civilization V takes way too much of my time and energy. I haven't played games in dozens of years, now I'm hooked.

Concep

09 Mar 2015

I've logged way too many hours of Battlefield 4 on PC.  Hours I should have spent making music.  I'll be playing Hardline when it comes out.

tibah

09 Mar 2015

C//AZM wrote:Civilization V takes way too much of my time and energy. I haven't played games in dozens of years, now I'm hooked.
+1

A friend and I have probably 2 or 3 endless running games of Civ 5 already! ;) Very addicting! From "just one more turn" to "why not start a new game".  :crazy:

Noplan
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2015

DayZ

TheMiles

09 Mar 2015

After 60+ tries I finally managed to Kill the FTL-Endboss on easy. Now I feel like I never want to play that game again ;) .

pushedbutton

09 Mar 2015

I have a tendency to lose days on Battlefield 4. I've rinsed every BF game since Bad Company. I'm rank 113 at the moment but I only got the premium pass in the Black Friday sale.
Other than that, as Jag said, I might spend some time on GTA5 now and again but the novelty has worn off. Maybe heists will reignite my interest in it.
I'm in the middle of playing Mass Effect 3 but I don't put it on so often because I know I'll be at it for 3 or 4 hours at a time.
I'm still not persuaded by the Gen 8 consoles. I'm rooting for xbox to come up with something that makes project Morpheus look silly but I don't think we're going to be seeing hololens as a direct replacement for kinect, I suspect it will be a lot more expensive and probably buggy as hell for a couple of years.
I think my console days may be numbered. I'll see what Oculus Rift has to offer.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

CharlyCharlzz

09 Mar 2015

the last version of Rambo give me latency on the control's even when tweaking stups .... :frown:

I play Men of war red tide and stuff like dead rising two or civilisation 4
I buyed the 3 mass effect bundle and finished it two years ago and before that buyed the force star wars thingy two games , before that i had that strategie star wars thingy too (the bundle with the pirat's history extention)
got no time these days to play but I was going to play that rambo but it's not working well with a 8go gpu so lol

edit : forgot I got the commander and conquer mega bundle , buyed it 30 bucks in a store .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

pushedbutton

09 Mar 2015

I don't think the new Rambo game will ever work well. It has bad reviews for every part of it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

CharlyCharlzz

09 Mar 2015

pushedbutton wrote:I don't think the new Rambo game will ever work well. It has bad reviews for every part of it.
it's very acrade like , look's like a old call of duty and play's like time crisis sega arcade .
shame I bet it works ok with my x-box controller for pc , but I can't remember where I left it :D

I wish I could play the Rambo game from c64 , that was a blast !

Concep

09 Mar 2015

I'm with you Pushedbutton.  I'm rank 112 in BF4 right now.

CharlyCharlzz

09 Mar 2015

pushedbutton Mass FX 3 got various endings , I finished it 3 or 4 times and it for shure sucked times out of my life :D

Did anybody tryed these :

Alien isolation (what is it Worth) 

Civilisation 6 beyond earth (will buy it no matter what peoples say or think) Sid is a killer but it will drop on sale in a month or two  !

I plan on buying a New Nintendo 3d , I would buy it to have the two korg new Nintendo apps on it but I don't think i would like any games on it , I use to and still love Nintendo Gameboy but not shure the games are for me anymore .

Ixus

10 Mar 2015

Duude I loved Alien Isolation. Heres my short review 4 u! First thing I noticed (runing on new gaming rig) how SMOOTH it ran, 144Hz screen and everything on max and its like butter, I was seriously amazed, I've never seen any game run as good as this. I watched Alien 1 & 2 during this time and I noticed how much they have payed attention to details in both sound and design of the areas you visit. You could hear sounds and recognize them from the movies which was a nice treat for the fans :P
The story was good, and quite long, I think it took me 16-17 hours to finish. Im a real sucker for these kind of games so its two thumbs up from me :)

After logging abour 600 hours in Chivalry im starting to get a little tired of it. I found my old physical copy of Company of Heroes so I fed the product key to steam and its now in my library. My friend has it too so we have had some nice multiplayer games.

robsynth

12 Mar 2015

Skyrim mostly, but I can only play for about 45 minutes at a time before I get restless and get back to playing music. I also have Neverwinter Nights 2 and The Temple of Elemental Evil from GOG and a handful of others that I hardly ever play. I'm just getting old and crumbly.....

Ecopro

12 Mar 2015

I used to be a huge Video game freak. I would play for days on end. I think I did get most of the consoles, starting with the Atari 2600. Ask me know...I only touch that PS3 controller to watch Blu-Ray movies. :)

I was a big fan of Sega games. Love Nintendo and Sony, but Sega always holds a special place in my heart. Games like Sonic, Jet Grind Radio, Outrun, Altered Beast, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Shemmue. Not to mention they had one of the best systems out ever...The Dreamcast. Ahead of its time for sure. Since Sega got out of the hardware business, they've never been as creative as they used to be with games. Nintendo is now what Sega isn't. ;)

So what do I play now? ...

Once in while I'll sit down and play tons of retro games, Street Fighter (3 Third Strike, my favorite). I can't play any game that will take tons of hours to beat anymore. It has to be something with instant gratification, like Street Fighter, or a racing game, like Burnout. When I want to relax and forget about work and stress for a bit, I like to play Hot shots Golf: Out of Bounds. There's something about that game that calms the heck out of me. :)

Oh and btw...I can't stand FPS games. 

Guts Electronic Mayhem

Higor

20 Mar 2015

I usually play when i'm listening to some youtube interview.
S-Nes: F-Zero
Atari, Master System, Sega Genesis: all the classics (Kenseiden, R-Type, Psycho Fox, Tetris...)
Sega CD: Night Trap, Road Avenger, Silpheed, Ground Zero Texas, Sewer Shark...

I don't even bother myself into finalize those games anymore  just listen to that music and watch those graphics brings me some nice feelings.
And about the new games i don't know nothing about it.

ProfessaKaos

21 Mar 2015

I don't tend to play games to much but I buy way to many way to often when Steam has sales (like all the time). I have around 90 games in my Steam account and only 11 of them installed (not because lack of hard drive space). The most recent games I've been playing maybe once every 2 weeks is Rage and Dead Space 2. Also every few of months i'll go back to Far Cry 3 for a gaming binge where I'll nearly complete the game in few days.
Bought Borderlands 2 yesterday on Steam for $9.99usd, looking forward to giving it a go.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

KaliKush84

21 Mar 2015

I had a trip down memory lane and fired up final fantasy 7 almost half way through .i love final fantasy 7 one of the best rpg series games ever made imo

tibah

21 Mar 2015

KaliKush84 wrote:I had a trip down memory lane and fired up final fantasy 7 almost half way through .i love final fantasy 7 one of the best rpg series games ever made imo
FF VII is probably still the best in the series. One of my favorite games of all-time, along with Chrono Trigger and Secret of Evermore. I kinda missed out the "big" RPGs on PCs back then, like for example, Baldur's Gate which I can enjoy now for the first time, thanks to sites like GOG. 

Back in the days, I had an Amiga 500, so that's where most of my old-school gaming experience comes from. Monkey Island 1+2, Wing Commander and such. But then, for some reason, the PC turned more into the music making machine and I kept playing on consoles mostly, so a lot of *classics* still feel fresh to me. Seeing Mark Hamill, along some others known actors, now in Wing Commander 3 and 4 for the first time is simply amazing. Those FMV sequences back then are simply great and an overall nice experience.

Melody303

22 Mar 2015

I love games, I really do, but I'm much more likely to be reading about games whilst evaluating music than to actually play games. They're very low on my priorities, but I do play a few times a year (5-6 times, maybe?)

My favorites of all time - and the ones I'm most likely to play - are:
Master of Magic
Disgaea
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
TrackMania series
Forge (Magic The Gathering software)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

• Information