What's your favourite Disney song?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
forensickbeats

10 Mar 2015

reasonuser27 wrote:

3:09 - Be careful, mate!

CharlyCharlzz

10 Mar 2015

we dig dig dig dig dig dig dig ....  Heigh ho , Height Ho lala'lalalala

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

atitlan

11 Mar 2015

"Trust in Me" from Jungle Book was always pretty cool, but it took Siouxsie Sioux to really bring out it the best in it ...

Concep

11 Mar 2015

With a 2 year old and a 3 year old, we watch a lot of kids movies in my house.  My current favorite song is "I've got a dream" from Tangled.

PSoames

11 Mar 2015

Everybody wants to be a cat!

pushedbutton

11 Mar 2015

So seen as we're still discussing this, are there any Disney Music tropes that we use to make our songs more Disney? Can a song be too disn..oh yeah hanna montana.
But aside from all the kneejerk reactions there is something clearly identifiable about these musical sugar lumps that make them really hard to ignore. You know it's a Disney song, you know that you should hate it and it's merchandise peddling overloads, yet you still find yourself singing it in the shower.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Nymphomation

13 Mar 2015

pushedbutton wrote:So seen as we're still discussing this, are there any Disney Music tropes that we use to make our songs more Disney? Can a song be too disn..oh yeah hanna montana.
But aside from all the kneejerk reactions there is something clearly identifiable about these musical sugar lumps that make them really hard to ignore. You know it's a Disney song, you know that you should hate it and it's merchandise peddling overloads, yet you still find yourself singing it in the shower.
Totally, they know what they're doing! Jokes aside about evil scientists writing the songs form Frozen, they were actually written by the duo that wrote the songs for Book of Mormon - which has become one of the biggest musical in recent years.

When I first heard the songs in Frozen, I though 'wow, they've really gone for the musical number this time' - and yeah, they nailed it in that regard.

It's like Andrew Lloyd Webber - I love to hate him, but him and Mr.Rice's song's are very cleverly written, and will ingrain themselves in your head.

stratatonic

13 Mar 2015

Friends on the Other Side
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw

And really like this one as well. Really...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Hrkb68c9Y
Last edited by stratatonic on 02 Jul 2017, edited 3 times in total.

selig
RE Developer

13 Mar 2015

atitlan wrote:"Trust in Me" from Jungle Book was always pretty cool, but it took Siouxsie Sioux to really bring out it the best in it ...

There was a cool compilation many years back of Disney songs by more popular artists called "Stay Awake" (also a very cool Disney song IMO). 
The "cast" of characters covering these songs includes everyone from Natalie Merchant to Michael Stipe, from Aaron Nevelle to Yma Sumac, The Replacements to Sinead O'Conner, Harry Nilsson, James Tayor and even Tom Waits and Los Lobos. The closing track is "When you Wish upon a Star" featuring Ringo Starr and Herb Alpert!

While somewhat hit/miss, I still remember it as being overall very fun to listen to!
:)  

Selig Audio, LLC

atitlan

13 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
There was a cool compilation many years back of Disney songs by more popular artists called "Stay Awake" (also a very cool Disney song IMO). 

The "cast" of characters covering these songs includes everyone from Natalie Merchant to Michael Stipe, from Aaron Nevelle to Yma Sumac, The Replacements to Sinead O'Conner, Harry Nilsson, James Tayor and even Tom Waits and Los Lobos. The closing track is "When you Wish upon a Star" featuring Ringo Starr and Herb Alpert!

While somewhat hit/miss, I still remember it as being overall very fun to listen to!
:)  

That artist list is pretty intriguing - I'll have to see if Spotify will oblige by having the album available.

marcuswitt

14 Mar 2015

I got two favorite songs that became famous through Disney movies.

The first one is "Colors of the wind" in "Pocahontas", but only the German version ("Farbenspiel des Winds"), sang by Jennifer Rush, which I find far better than the original English version that was performed by Vanessa Williams because - in my opinion - Jennifer Rush's singing style is much 'richer', more expressive and more emotional than Vanessa Williams' performance, in that particular case.

And the second one is "A whole new world" in "Aladdin" performed by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle. Amazing singing from both artists!

LEDBOO

14 Mar 2015

Little Wonders by Rob Thomas, from Meet the Robinsons.

• Information