Optimizing MacBookPro for Live Performance (2012 Retina)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Raveshaper

17 Feb 2015

I have just finished a mammoth build of a template file whose construction spanned several months. It is a live performance template with many features designed to compensate for my lack of outboard gear. It runs well enough despite how many things it contains, but I still need to leverage every bit of processing power I can free up to avoid any problems.

What are the best practices for making a MacBookPro Retina model run smoothly on stage? I am just now entering the "practicing heavily with my new toy" phase of things now that the template is done, but I want to get my head around what I should and should not do with my MBPr in a live setting.

I don't have the latest generation with the proprietary SSD because if it breaks down on me later, I can service the older SATA based SSD in it through OWC for cheaper. The newest generations force you to have them serviced through Apple at a high price (last I checked). That, and modernizing the well respected MD104LL/A would have been a little bit more expensive than getting the 2012 I bought. I'm not sure if my model changes recommendations on what to do and what not to do.

As an aside, if any of you have one of the 2013 or newer Retina models, has the SSD ever needed servicing?
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information