How are things going around here?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Soft Enerji

10 Feb 2015

Must admit, I've not really had much of an inkling to join in around here, given the way the old Props forum went downhill over the years before finally falling into the abyss. Had a little browse tonight and see a lot of the old faces, some new ones, some possibly in disguise :sneaky: and some missing altogether :bawl: .

I see even phasys managed to annoy some folks with one post :roll: .

Anyhoos, just thought I'd check in and say howdy.

Cheers

Mark

Ixus

10 Feb 2015

Hey man! I miss hearing your music, probably time for a trip to your soundcloud :)

Nice to see you here!

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

Welcome, and it's good to see more familiar names showing up here!

We try to keep it fun here, but even the thread you mentioned needed to be locked - just so you know we won't let that sort of thing run on for too long (and probably will simply delete future threads like that to better nip things in the bud - we're still learning here!). 

Hope you stick around, and please let us know if you have any suggestions or issues with the forum or forum members. Trying to run as tight a ship as is possible and as is desirable!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

jonheal

10 Feb 2015

Deleting problematic threads is maybe a good idea, because even if a thread is locked, it can still be read, and if it's particularly inflammatory, it can still get readers worked up, and then they might express their ire on other threads before they have a chance to cool off. I know I am prone to that.

Sorry for the slight derailment. Carry on. 
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

jonheal wrote:Deleting problematic threads is maybe a good idea, because even if a thread is locked, it can still be read, and if it's particularly inflammatory, it can still get readers worked up, and then they might express their ire on other threads before they have a chance to cool off. I know I am prone to that.

You make a good point - that's one thread that is not representative and does not add anything to the community IMO. Say bye-bye!
;)

Selig Audio, LLC

ScuzzyEye

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:You make a good point - that's one thread that is not representative and does not add anything to the community IMO. Say bye-bye!
;)
Probably still best to lock a thread with a note as to why it was locked for a day before deleting it. So we don't get threads asking where the thread went.

trimph1

10 Feb 2015

jonheal wrote:Deleting problematic threads is maybe a good idea, because even if a thread is locked, it can still be read, and if it's particularly inflammatory, it can still get readers worked up, and then they might express their ire on other threads before they have a chance to cool off. I know I am prone to that.

selig wrote:
You make a good point - that's one thread that is not representative and does not add anything to the community IMO. Say bye-bye!
;)
Good!! like to see non useful threads get the lock/boot.... :D
....and a whack of hardware synths and who knows what...

Jagwah

10 Feb 2015

Good to see you Mark, got to take the good with the bad but just so you know the admins are very active in keeping the place clean and friendly.

zeebot

10 Feb 2015

It was one of the main issues with the PUF, lack of moderation which is why it turned into a turdfest.
Threads that contribute nothing to the community should be locked and deleted, as well as derailed threads that enter into personal mud slinging.
I know some former puffers (my name for PUF users) didn't see eye to eye but lets draw a line through that and all start with a fresh outlook.
Lets make this the forum PUF could have been
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

CharlyCharlzz

10 Feb 2015

Well if that is so then Why all the horrible threads about discover are not closed and erased ? even if we all think it's crap it does not make any différences with sayinng reason suck IMO ... :crazy:

the rules are the line so fare and if you dont want to have most peoples starting like it was at Props then maybe you dont want to let mods do the rules like it was at PH !
mods are there to make the rules respected and the rules are what make the thing stand .

if you dont want to end up in a massive crash then you must stay to the rules and keep your taste away as a mod  , change the rules if something is missing is the only way you can make things respected otherWise frustrations will start like it was again but not for long because there is over places now when before only one  .

and let me say Hello to mr softenerji because he droped to say hello so I must throw a howdy hooow back ;)
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Ecopro

11 Feb 2015

Heya mate! How have you been lately? :)  Hope to see you around here more often.
Folks like you, Peter (crap Henry), electricfusion, Kibeja, and Archimedes were really an asset to the old puf. So it is nice to see some of you guys make an appearance here once again. 

Guts Electronic Mayhem

zeebot

11 Feb 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote: Well if that is so then Why all the horrible threads about discover are not closed and erased ? even if we all think it's crap it does not make any différences with sayinng reason suck IMO ... :crazy:
In some ways that is correct but most of the content in those threads were valid criticisms and there were also some quite strong counter arguments for the positive.
I'm talking about deleting threads that set out to be confrontational and have the sole purpose of causing arguments.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Soft Enerji

11 Feb 2015

Hey dooodz ande dooodessez, thanks for the welcomes :s0801: . Looks like it's all under control here so I promise to make the effort!

Love the emoticons available..............especially the dead horse.....LMFAO!

Now..........about these thread hijacks........... :s0959:

Cheers

M

Smedberg

11 Feb 2015

zeebot wrote:It was one of the main issues with the PUF, lack of moderation which is why it turned into a turdfest.
Threads that contribute nothing to the community should be locked and deleted, as well as derailed threads that enter into personal mud slinging.
I know some former puffers (my name for PUF users) didn't see eye to eye but lets draw a line through that and all start with a fresh outlook.
So, who decide if a thread is useful or not?
Will there be a board of members that will delete threads?
Should an OP be held responsible for following users posts just because "they are prone to respond"?

Is an expression of dissapointment worse than personal attacks and being made fun of?

And like the example from CharlyCharlzz, who decide what function or product you can be negative about?

EnochLight

11 Feb 2015

zeebot wrote:It was one of the main issues with the PUF, lack of moderation which is why it turned into a turdfest.
Smedberg wrote:
So, who decide if a thread is useful or not?
Will there be a board of members that will delete threads?
Should an OP be held responsible for following users posts just because "they are prone to respond"?

Is an expression of dissapointment worse than personal attacks and being made fun of?

And like the example from CharlyCharlzz, who decide what function or product you can be negative about?

Things seem to going quite swimmingly here so far, so my suggestion would be: see Reasontalk.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Smedberg

11 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Things seem to going quite swimmingly here so far, so my suggestion would be: see Reasontalk.
Then why all suggestions in this thread?
It seems like some want to turn this place into IKM style forum...

trimph1

11 Feb 2015

I like a more informative forum myself.

After a thread I started asking a simple question on PUF was turned into a pile of fanboy vs basher flamewars, with only one post that answered my question buried under an 8 page bickerfest, I stayed away from that kindergarten klopperei.
....and a whack of hardware synths and who knows what...

EnochLight

11 Feb 2015

Smedberg wrote:It seems like some want to turn this place into IKM style forum...
What is IKM?
Smedberg wrote:Then why all suggestions in this thread?
All suggestions?  I saw one person pointing out a garbage thread, which the mod deleted, and Charlie questioning why other threads were left (that had legitimate discussion going on)..  Hardly an indication that this forum suffers from the problems that the PUF did, is all I'm say'n.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

orthodox
RE Developer

11 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:What is IKM?
Urban dictionary gives this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ikm
1. "i know man"
2. "it kills me!"

Ecopro

11 Feb 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight
What is IKM?

I think he's referring to IK Mulitmedia: http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/

V
ery different layout and vibe going on there IMO.
Guts Electronic Mayhem

EnochLight

11 Feb 2015

Ecopro wrote:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight
What is IKM?

I think he's referring to IK Mulitmedia: http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/

V
ery different layout and vibe going on there IMO.
Gotcha, thanks.  

Smedberg

11 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:
All suggestions?  I saw one person pointing out a garbage thread, which the mod deleted, and Charlie questioning why other threads were left (that had legitimate discussion going on)..  Hardly an indication that this forum suffers from the problems that the PUF did, is all I'm say'n.
ScuzzyEye wrote: Probably still best to lock a thread with a note as to why it was locked for a day before deleting it. So we don't get threads asking where the thread went.
trimph1 wrote:
Good!! like to see non useful threads get the lock/boot.... :D
zeebot wrote: Threads that contribute nothing to the community should be locked and deleted, as well as derailed threads that enter into personal mud slinging.
zeebot wrote:
I'm talking about deleting threads that set out to be confrontational and have the sole purpose of causing arguments.

Ecopro

11 Feb 2015

Smed - What is the purpose of your last post?
Guts Electronic Mayhem

Smedberg

11 Feb 2015

Ecopro wrote:Smed - What is the purpose of your last post?
Dylan only saw one user.
I saw several..

Main purpose is that I don't see any meaning to turn this forum into a narrow, closed minded forum where someone should decide what is ok.
Current rules is enough, for me anyway.

• Information