Apple needs to hire Ryan Harlin to make their videos

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
joeyluck

09 Feb 2015

This is not-so-good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWlxuGxxJg

During the live performance at the end, I thought it had to be a spoof.  Does not showcase the product well, the music is awful, and the image is not very Apple, and a little disturbing lol. I did not need to see the caveman DJ's nipple...  But he thought I wanted to! I feel like there should have been a cutaway where they are sniffing cocaine off of the iPad. That's what it felt like.

Gaja

10 Feb 2015

Well on one side, yes, Ryans videos are better to watch and understand, but on the other hand, I'd prefer him to stay and videos for the props.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

motuscott

10 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:I feel like there should have been a cutaway where they are sniffing cocaine off of the iPad.
Is there an ap for that? Because I feel there should be an ap for that.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

jonheal

10 Feb 2015

No doubt a "generational" issue for me, but I had a overwhelming burning desire to strangle everyone in this video to death. I especially love the chick stomping all over the Escalade.

Also funny how Apple apparently could/would not procure permission from Cadillac to display its logo. :)

Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

CharlyCharlzz

10 Feb 2015

haha LOL Joeyluck your description is epic :D

I bet they are just like you sayed.....lol (chukles) , there are lot's of artistes who really are not good and that only do music because they on it anyway.

Talking about the video of props and Ryan Harlin I see this jeep video everyday and keep visualising in my head the take video for some reasons

PS: these guys dont sound anglish so could be a swedish take shot LOL
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Tumble

11 Feb 2015

Perfect ad. They really know their demographic now; Over-priviledged, obnoxious kids who live off their parents' trustfund.

EnochLight

11 Feb 2015

Tumble wrote:Perfect ad. They really know their demographic now; Over-priviledged, obnoxious kids who live off their parents' trustfund.
As an iPhone and iPad owner/user since day 1 release, I can assure you - I am neither over-privileged nor have a trustfund.  I also support my parents.

That said, I have been known to be obnoxious...   :s0238:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Tumble

11 Feb 2015

Maybe they should hire Microsoft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwEwygXnOc

joeyluck

11 Feb 2015

Tumble wrote:Maybe they should hire Microsoft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuwEwygXnOc
LOL For a video about making mobile music? That's not their market... I still think Ryan's video was way better.

forensickbeats

11 Feb 2015

The Ryan tutorial video is definitely better.

Remember this shit? It was UNGODLY:

It has "the best" introduction moment ever.

Wee Joe

11 Feb 2015

I think Props need to watch this Video before its To Late.... :s0717:  for the :s0403:

Code: Select all

[url]http://youtu.be/jid2A7ldc_8[/url]

CharlyCharlzz

11 Feb 2015

did anybody see that jeep video I posted above ? it sound Propellerheadish to me .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

forensickbeats

11 Feb 2015

Wee Joe wrote:I think Props need to watch this Video before its To Late.... :s0717:  for the :s0403:

Code: Select all

[url]http://youtu.be/jid2A7ldc_8[/url] 
Props are software company, maean...

This is more appropriate for the iPad userbase, although it`s a bit far stretched...

*(portamento fx)

EnochLight

11 Feb 2015

forensickbeats wrote:The Ryan tutorial video is definitely better.

Remember this shit? It was UNGODLY:

It has "the best" introduction moment ever.
Ryan did that Record promo video too, I'm pretty sure.

@Ryan - care to verify?   ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

stratatonic

12 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:This is not-so-good

During the live performance at the end, I thought it had to be a spoof.  Does not showcase the product well, the music is awful, and the image is not very Apple, and a little disturbing lol. I did not need to see the caveman DJ's nipple...  But he thought I wanted to! I feel like there should have been a cutaway where they are sniffing cocaine off of the iPad. That's what it felt like.
I dunno - I like it. I certainly like it better than the Reason 8 promo. (Sorry Ryan)

Maybe Propellerhead can get Elliphant to do her vocal ideas in Take rather than GarageBand. Like, she IS Swedish ya know...

forensickbeats

12 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Ryan did that Record promo video too, I'm pretty sure.

@Ryan - care to verify?   ;)
He was probably high or was making fun of the userbase...
joeyluck wrote:This is not-so-good

stratatonic wrote: I dunno - I like it. I certainly like it better than the Reason 8 promo. (Sorry Ryan)

Maybe Propellerhead can get Elliphant to do her vocal ideas in Take rather than GarageBand. Like, she IS Swedish ya know...
Introducing Reason 8 was a good promo, straightforward explanatory, showing different types of producers, without any clownish stuff...

• Information