Reason targeted ads on ReasonTalk.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
selig
RE Developer

23 Jan 2015

motuscott wrote: Holy Moly Namahs Amrak, are you about to break thru the dilettante glass ceiling
Namahs Amrak wrote:
Very soon you'll be breaking through the 100 Reputation points. Boy, you sure do have a lot of devotees :)
Not nearly as many as you! Congrats for winning the Most Posts award (sorry, no prize for this achievement). ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Ostermilk

23 Jan 2015

Mr44Hz wrote:Ads never stopped KVR or gearslutz,its in man's heart to be envious thats most don't want to see you get paid for this.
Ostermilk wrote:
That thought might be saying more about you than anyone else.

FWIW, there's nothing more I'd like to see than Brent doing well out of his own initiative here.  I just don't see ads as being part of the successi of this particular forum.

There were other alternative forums before Brent set this one up and I'm pretty sure most ended up here because they actually had faith in its founder and the motives of those that lined up behind him to assist.  Certainly that played a big part in me migrating here I cant speak for anyone else.
Mr44Hz wrote:

The panel of mods here have done so much for free for the community you couldn't just get by the ads to see they get something In return? I think that's kinda selfish imo.
Eh?

Who said anything about not donating?

All I said is that I wouldn't appreciate ads and I'd rather donate than suffer them, how is expressing that idea selfish in any way?

TheGoodGoodMan

24 Jan 2015

Strange.... Over 600 users but only 26 votes.

MarkTarlton

24 Jan 2015

No adds! The people behind the scenes do this for the love of it! They don't need to get paid just like the posters providing the information don't need to get paid. This is a community and as long as the minimum fees are covered...which is not that much to justify selling as space...than we should be good..just my 2 cents. If you want to advertise your products just post a thread like everyone else does...it's free! :)

or donate if you are so inclined.

Arsenic

25 Jan 2015

Arsenic wrote:I'm more than happy to contribute towards the upkeep of the site - Anything to keep adverts away - targeted or otherwise.
Well, I meant what I said, so I have just made a donation - Not much, I admit, but I will donate again when I am back at work and earning again.

• Information