And the PUF was no more...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Heater

22 Jan 2015

Heater wrote:Well I think the Props are utter for removing the forums and they won't be seeing any more of my money.
phasys wrote:
Same here. Not one cent. Which is a shame for the RE developers.
selig wrote:
I don't disagree since you're stating opinions, but I personally don't see how those are related
Heater wrote:
The forum has been a repository of useful information for Reason users for over a decade and now because it doesn't fit into the Props corporate vision they just flushed that down the toilet.  All that input by all those Reason customers over all those years just gone.

I refuse to hand over a single penny for a company that treats it's loyal users that way.  I don't see how that is hard to understand.
Theo.M wrote:
I get that argument definitely.. They should have archived it.. Even assigned someone the glorious job of deleting all the insults and stuff and keeping info/tutorial posts.

Just deleted it out of existence (i wonder if they DO have a backup somewhere over at HQ though) was a bit extreme.

Sorry if I offended you with my above happiness it was gone, I do get your POV, and how hard it must be especially for LONG time props customers.
You stay happy mate.  Much better then the way I feel about the forum.

On the other hand.  I really do like Reason and I feel it has everything that I need to do great music.

The only thing I do hanker from time to time is to try the original Reason version 1 from time to time to see how it all started.

normen

22 Jan 2015

The link I always used to enter the forums still works :D
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/sea ... ?do=getnew

raymondh

22 Jan 2015

It's a bit sad to see Propellerhead shifting from an innovator to a follower.

Their pigheaded "do it our way" approach used to be a strength as they came up with magic in each new release. But now it looks like they're sucked into this mobile device bandwagon, which is obviously where the money is, and trying to sound innovative by introducing this new sharing/collaboration service. (I have three collaborations on the go at the moment, none of them require Prop's new service and none of them create any ownership/licensing concerns).

It's not just confusing for us as users, imagine the confusion for developers who are no longer sure if their hard work building RE's and Refills will pay off now that Props seem to be downplaying Reason somewhat.

Time will tell I guess!

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2015

Wait people, guess what still works??!?

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/sho ... hp?t=77324

craven

24 Jan 2015

avasopht wrote:Wait people, guess what still works??!?

not for me :frown:
:ugeek:

Marketblandings

24 Jan 2015

It's not too late for Props to leverage their social cloud platform and re-invent peer-to-peer collaborative music generation and organically grow distributed content delivery communities.  
Woo! I wants me summa that!

jappe

24 Jan 2015

Congratulations to a very strong local cache!

Ayello

24 Jan 2015

I still don't get the paradox

Props seems to invest on the " toyification " of Reason, but every " real " Reason user knows how deep you can go by flipping the rack, cv manipulation etc...

avasopht
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2015

jappe wrote: Congratulations to a very strong local cache!
The fun can only last for so long :frown:

hydlide

24 Jan 2015

selig wrote: This decision (to close the forums) doesn't affect me negatively in ANY way, as I make all purchase decisions primarily based on usefulness. But again, I'm not the average user: I can write these purchases off on my taxes and justify purchase as "business expenses". ;)

All of their products are exactly as useful today for me as they were yesterday.
Nothing is Lost.
:)
In a way, closing down the PUF made me even more productive for some reason. And it will most likely not stop me from visiting the shop either. Since that is my current hot spot right now.

I am not sure if RE developers know of this forum (I have seen a couple of faces like yourself, hamu, norman and jiggery). Same kind of goes for beta testing and stuff like that.

Stuff like this would get me just a little bit more on the edge of my seat. But as far as useful, I have the same vibe. Its been exactly useful as yesterday. Closing the PUF didn't change that.

CharlyCharlzz

24 Jan 2015

why do peoples mix everything all the time , 

maybe they had a great idear after all ....
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

• Information