Post your earliest PUF post.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
QVprod

20 Jan 2015

Yeah min doesn't let me see my first 255 posts, so post # 256 on September 11, 2012 was
global and selective play? You mean sort of like Live's clip feature for launching loops? If that's what you mean then one idea that's been tossed around is being able to use blocks in real time. Or do some live looping like this guy 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1 ... MZl7pHF1NQ

X1Lo

20 Jan 2015

First post -
My experience over the past few years:
Thor - bread and butter sounds
Maelstrom - Pads, unique sounding leads and any bass needing midrange with a lot of character
Subtractor - Goofing around with glitchy sounds
Parsec - Pulled half of my hair out and walked away confused haha
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

electrochoc (PRX-A)

21 Jan 2015

My first post... I was wondering what a ReFill shop had become...
Still today, I'd like to see the ReFills that were available through youproduce.net be available elsewhere... Some of them looked pretty nice, and never resurfaced anywhere else...

This was my first post, but it took an other year before I became a regular on the PUF... with the announcement of Rack Extensions! :D
2011-05-22, 14:15

electrochoc
:reason:

What happened to youproduce.net?
Does anyone knows what happened with the site youproduce.net? It seems "dead" since november 2009...

My problem with that is that it contains some very cool commercial ReFills (among the coolest ones, my opinion) that I'd like to buy...

Thanks!
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

21 Jan 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:This is the earliest Grumble thread I can see:

______

2007-04-18, 22:13

Grumbleweed
:re: :record: :refill: :reason:

Mr.B... I wasn't expecting a great deal of difference but...
... the Quad Band Imager is the way forward!!!

It's nice to get a freebie that really does liven up the sounds.

(I would try to be the first to post a track using it but I ponce around too much getting things how I like them anyway - and now I have a bunch of new toys to fret over!)

Thanks to Mr.B for a great refill.

Grumbleweed.

Nah, my one in the old Music Forum was earlier. Thanks for the effort though Mr.Jiggy.

Grum.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

21 Jan 2015

Grumbleweed wrote: Nah, my one in the old Music Forum was earlier. Thanks for the effort though Mr.Jiggy. Grum.
I was only looking in the PUF archive for you, not the others. I'm not doing everything for ya!!  ;)

craven

21 Jan 2015

Long time ago when I got into Reason again:
Dear forum,

I have a tough nut to crack. I bought a used copy of Reason 6, got the license transferred from the previous owner and loaded it on my ignition stick. That works.
However, if I want to put my Rack Extension license on the stick as well, it says there is a licence already and I can't overwrite or delete that one. It is from the previous owner and drives me crazy! I so wanted to play around with my new REs while being without internet.

Does anyone have an idea what to do? I checked the codemeter software but it does not allow for license deletion. Is it possible to format the key without loosing its serviceability? I guess one can't just re-install the key. Creating a backup from within codemeter software also does not work.

Thanks so much for any advice!
MattiasHG recommended me writing support, but I had done that already. I think it took support over a month to help me out - by sending me a brand new key. It was never their fault and still they were so nice, I will never forget that! Support was also very friendly and apologetic for the delay.  
:ugeek:

Territan

21 Jan 2015

And for the sake of sharing...
Looking For Sound *Recipes*
All right, so I have Reason installed on my system (OS X), I have the MIDI running through it when I have the PB next to the keyboard, and all's right with the world.

Except... now I'm going through the online documentation, and it's *dense*. I understand the basics, how to manipulate the controls in everything, and I'm learning what they do. What I'm looking for is some guidance on making *good* sounds with it.

I'm not necessarily looking for finished product here. Just the way the controls are set up and perhaps an explanation of why a given guitar or bell or trumpet sound works the way it does.

I'd like pointers to such on the net (I'm not sure quite how to phrase the Google search for them), or perhaps a discussion could start on here.
Original post date: August 4, 2002. Good grief, I've been at this for that long? And knowing that time frame, I think I remember now where I picked up Reason in the first place.
-This space intentionally left apathetic-

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:I can only go back 2000 posts (it seems) so I can't get anywhere near my first one. Grum.
I figured out just now that you have to use the advanced forum search for your name, "show as threads," and change "a year and newer" to "any date"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mine as 3rdFloorSound - 2010-08-06, 09:51
How about those cedar chips, they the right kind?
Oh, and please stop peeing in your food.
in response to:
MrROUSH
:record: :reason:

Check out my dog's new boyfriend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43Eg6rB3Z0

Man, the people in that thread.
MrRoush
Gorkomatic
BonezMcCoy
Moneykube
lowlifebeware
----------------------------------------------------------------
This is my last (official) post over there:
I'll be posting more in other threads, but would like this to remain as my last official post.
There's quite a bit of sadness in me about this place being burned to the ground, but my overwhelming and all consuming emotion is anger. All of our photo albums, all of our unpublished manuscripts, our clothing, and our pets are being burned in this fire. What makes it worse is that it's not an accident, but a controlled burn started by a group of arsonists, who are walking away from the ruins carrying only a mail order catalog from the coffee table.
Anger seems highly appropriate to me in this situation
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

And here I am in one of my two posts as "becolt."

tranceemer

Do away with the sequencer
Take the sequencer out of Reason!
Make the rewire host responsible for routing all MIDI and automation data to the devices in the rack.

There should be no more reason to think that Reason should be a full blown MIDI sequencer with VST hosting, and AUDIO playback.

Th only thing I would like to have added is the ability to send specific audio streams from the host into specific audio inputs on reason devices. THAT alone would balance reason.

I know that audio-in is not ever going to be implemented, but reasonably the sequencer in reason though it is useful for those who don't use other sequencers, looking at the product description to me seems a bit misleading.

If anyone wants a good sequencer to control reason with, try Cubase, or Fruity Loops Studio.

-------------------------
Insert lots of great replies from Phasys, etc
-------------------------

2008-12-18, 17:02
becolt

And therefore cut out 90 percent of their sales and completely destroy Reason for people like me
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Jan 2015

Mine was a response to a query about installing Reason 2.0 on two computers:

2002-07-18, 13:14

Re: help! can I install Reason 2.0 on two computers?
:I just bought reason 2.0. I am new to Reason. I want to install my product on both my main computer and my travelling computer. is this allowed????

It's probably okay if you are only using one computer at a time, but the Props will have to tell you for sure...

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

Heh, seems I misunderstood. Here's my first thread. I was appropriately confused on my first day.

User Account Issue - double acct
2010-08-06, 09:34

3rdFloorSound
:record: :reload: :reason:

User Account Issue - double acct
Silly thing.
So I set up an account yesterday and registered Reason with it, then realized I somehow spelled the name on it wrong. Worked it out so that I made a new account with the correct name and registered record with it and went to transfer the reason license over to the new account thinking it would happen automatically. Nope.
Hoping there is a mod out there w/privileges that can remedy the situation for me today so I don't have to wait through the weekend.
If there is, the accounts are:
3rdFIoorSound - this is the misspelled one that has Reason linked to it. Notice the "L" is an upper case "i"
---How I did this? Not a clue---
Of course the account I'm posting from right now is the one I want to keep that needs the Reason license transferred to it.
Case #: 117179
Thanks ahead of time for any help.
Squeaky wheel - out.
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

Echo Project Studio

21 Jan 2015

Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (102.8 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
Bobby Watson Kerrville, TXhttp://echoprojectstudio.org
https://opabobby.bandcamp.com/ 

tibah

21 Jan 2015

Nothing special, raving about PointZeroProductions ReFills. :)

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

Oh wow, where IS "CousinPickle" AKA "EricBom?"
Wait. Now I'm confused. How the hell many people am I talking about here?
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

C//AZM

21 Jan 2015

I can't see any of mine from the early years. I had stopped going to props forum for years after I got the hang of ver.3 then I did a major upgrade to ver.6 in 2012 and that's when my posts started again. But I don't see any from 2006 when I posted a few dozen posts. Would they be in archive, or....?

Join Date2006-08-31Total Posts225

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

C//AZM wrote:I can't see any of mine from the early years. I had stopped going to props forum for years after I got the hang of ver.3 then I did a major upgrade to ver.6 in 2012 and that's when my posts started again. But I don't see any from 2006 when I posted a few dozen posts. Would they be in archive, or....?

Join Date2006-08-31Total Posts225
you have to use the advanced forum search for your name, "show as threads," and change "a year and newer" to "any date"
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

SteveDiverse

21 Jan 2015

2004-03-11, 22:55
jaytee 
:reason:

stealing or not?
1. Look on reasonstation or other sites for songs (*.rps or *.rns ) where there is a rythm,melody etc. that you like. 

2. Pick your favorite phrase from the song, change the samples if it's a redrum nn sampler, rearrange the slices if it's a rex file, tweak for synthpatches &/ effect settings, in other words change it.

3. Stream the loop over rewire to ableton live / cubase and combine the loops from 10 songs (meaning 10 loops, one from each song not copying a whole song)and make a new song.

(maybe a thought for Pheads future version to disable rewire when a *.rps song is played?)

Wanna hear your opinions and thoughts about this.
 2004-03-16, 19:23
SteveDiverse 
:record: :reload: :reason:

Re: stealing or not?
Totally stealing. Totally plagiarism.

Same as buying a CD in the store, copying it to your computer, then burning your own CD with the songs in a different order.

If you start with someone else's material, it doesn't matter what you do to it - its still someone else's material.

It's also called Total Lack of Creativity.
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

I just stumbled upon the best thread I ever created on the forum.
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/sho ... p?t=181470
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

Julibee

21 Jan 2015

3rd Floor Sound wrote: I just stumbled upon the best thread I ever created on the forum.
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/sho ... p?t=181470
"nope. Can't delete it."
Hahaha!
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

3rd Floor Sound

21 Jan 2015

lol I really tried, too :D
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

ProfessaKaos

22 Jan 2015

My first post, so proud of it, it was about that classic "Reason Sound", pls forgive me I was new to Reason and was simply looking for a second opinion from another source on what I had read at other places.

"Hi I am not yet a user of Propellerheads stuff but was looking into getting Reason 4 and Record when Record drops. 
But i came across a lot of forums where people say that Reason 4's Sound Engine is crap, and sounds alot better when rewired. They say Record will have the same Sound Engine as Reason 4 so Record is useless. They also claim that Reasons EQ's miss represent frequencies and it smears the low end and rounds off the high end. They really enforce that other programs like Pro tools, Cubase, Sonar etc have better Sound Engines. Is this true as I would like to know cause this software would be my first choice but after reading all that I have second thoughts.. I was Hoping this is not true holla pls"  2009-07-06, 15:27
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

MirEko

22 Jan 2015

Here's mine haha 14/07/2011:

Please add a ableton clip view or a geist scene mode for live performance. this would make reason 100x better for live work. please
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

James Bermingham

22 Jan 2015

My earliest post on PUF on   2012-02-12, 12:35  was
My Mix Of George Michaels "True Faith" all done in Reason 5 and Record 1.5
Ive been an avid and keen user and Purchaser of Proppelerhead products since Rebirth.
Have had all the Reason Programs up to 5, with Record 1.5. Im sticking here with 5 as Im totally lovin it.

However, my first post here is to share my mix with you of a George Michael song from last year, True Faith, the New Order cover. I obtained the Acapella from Acapellas4u website and put my musical production and mix to it.

George Michael-True Faith 2012 (Retro House Mix) James Bermingham

Thank you Prop team, for making Music a satisfying and enjoyable way, to make Music. The Genius lies with you guys and your Production Tools.

Please comment.....

https://twitter.com/JamesBermingham

FATCheese

22 Jan 2015

3rd Floor Sound wrote:Oh wow, where IS "CousinPickle" AKA "EricBom?"
Wait. Now I'm confused. How the hell many people am I talking about here?

FATCheese = EricBom

FATCheese IS NOT "CousinPickle"

:crazy:
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

CharlyCharlzz

22 Jan 2015

my first post's been ersased because I keeped having trolls posting in my threads , but I remember my very first post and it was a thread  : how do I autorize my USB Key dongle!

my 2nd was : what is best soundcard settings :D
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

• Information