Post your earliest PUF post.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
FATCheese

31 Dec 1969

2003-04-11, 11:48EricBom <td width=
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

C//AZM

31 Dec 1969

My earliest one from 2012 is related to my first contact with ver.6.

Change inst. that a track is playing?I have checked the manual as well as the online forums but Can't find how to do a simple thing.
How do I change the device that a track is playing? There is no drop down menu where you change the instrument on the track like there used to be. I imported some midi files and got the midi but not the correct instrument.

But I am having a difficult time trying to change from the ID8 to Subtractor on a few tracks and several others. This song was midi in pro tools playing the Reason 3 rack. Reason will open the rack just fine and will open the midi but adds to the rack a bunch of ID8s. In any other sequencer, you would just click the instrument name and get a drop down list of any possible instrument or device. I checked several places on the manual and all I got was this sentence---- <b>However, you could of course change sound, or replace the ID8 with another instrument device afterwards. </b>

Yes that's what I want to do, how do I do it? where in the manual does it explain how to do it? My searches include Change instrument on a track, change midi instrument for a track, change device for a track but I still I haven't seen where you can do this simple task.
Perhaps I'm looking with the wrong search words or haven't clicked the right setting in the sequencer??

This answer was helpful. It seems that I was trying to change the instrument in the sequencer window which still seems more logical.#<a href="https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/sho ... ostcount=2" rel=

Heater

20 Jan 2015

I know these are going to be a bit random.
It's as far back as the search allows on the current forum.  This is from 2002-11-09, 07:55. 02-11-09, 07:5

A big warning to you all.... Please Read....
In June of this year my hard drive died. It had over 2 years of music stuff on it - wave files, tunes, patches, samples etc - in short. My whole music output over the last 2 years. And I did not have a back up!

I was quoted ridiculous amounts by companys who said they could restore my data. I mean thousands of pounds... My wife eventually agreed that the money was worth it...

To cut a long story short. A friend of a friend who works for the same hard drive company as my dead hard drive managed to work his magic on the drives motherboard and I got all the data back yesterday.

In the last 4 months I have not been writing music due to the whole depression of the thing and the realisation that I would have to recreate all my sound patches from scratch....

What I am saying here is please please please back up your data now.... Sell a kidney to buy a CDR writer if you have to but do it now and do it today.

I'm glad i'm back.... 

djfm1983

20 Jan 2015

My first post on 2002 10/21, 18:51

How are my new songs?
Yo can somebody send me an e-mail of what they think about my songs. If anybody wants me to remix their song into a breakbeat let me know.
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

dreampolice

20 Jan 2015

First post 2009-05-11, 14:55

Record is intel mac only. DRAT!
ahhh It may be time to replace my powerbook/dual G5

nooooooo

Ocean of Waves

20 Jan 2015

I think they're pretty big

8-)

ScuzzyEye

20 Jan 2015

My first post on 2012-07-10, 19:05 was to point out that there are already multi-channel interfaces to someone wanting a more than stereo Balance, and then next making a joke about it looking like a Louboutin.

Both of the posts linked to images that no longer exist.

phasys

20 Jan 2015

Attachments
puf.png
puf.png (15.63 KiB) Viewed 2308 times

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

20 Jan 2015

I can only go back 2000 posts (it seems) so I can't get anywhere near my first one.

Grum.

Leighbeater

20 Jan 2015

2009-06-03, 04:57

leighbeater 
:record: :reason:

Just one quick question about record, can you drag and drop wav files?

phasys

20 Jan 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:I can only go back 2000 posts (it seems) so I can't get anywhere near my first one. Grum.
Yes you can, use advanced search and change the date search order from descending to ascending.

normen

20 Jan 2015

Heres my first post, nobody replied :P

Hi,

I was using Reason 3 for a long time in conjunction with Logic Studio on another computer. I would sync them via MIDI Clock and record audio on the Logic computer and record the MIDI notes on the Reason computer. To do this, I would simply have to press the "record" button in Reason which put it into record ready mode and then when I pressed play or record in Logic, Reason would record the MIDI tracks.

Now I updated to Reason 5 and *it doesnt work anymore!!* Since the record button doesnt enable record ready anymore but wants to play the audio it triggers the message "Midi Clock synced, cannot play, wanna unsync?" No! I wanna record-enable Reason! Not press play.. :frown: Is there any way to re-enable the old behavior? If not, the update to Reason 5 was a big failure for me :/

Thanks for any help,
Normen

Edit: I found out that it works when I press record in reason after I pressed play/record in logic and the sequencer is running however I dont find that very convenient when trying to record a part, having to press record again during the count-in.

motuscott

20 Jan 2015

Dear Props,
My VSTs won't launch.
I'm on a mac.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

20 Jan 2015

If phasys is right then this is my first post:

First Time Sax

Due to the size limitations I couldn't put First Time Sax onto the Reason Song page (real guitars used) so I have become part of the Soundclick community. Please use the link (copy/paste) to get to my page. The song uses Reason's sax's in the most realistic way I could program. It's quite long but it does develop. Let me know if you like it. There are no silly voices like in some of my stuff!

Nobody replied....

Grum.

pushedbutton

20 Jan 2015

After much scrimping and saving and some pure good luck on ebay I am now the proud owner of a licensed copy of reason 4.
This gives me warm fuzzy feelings as I am deeply in love with this software after my sordid affair with a dodgy copy of reason 3.
No doubt I will be making a pest of myself on here for a while until I find my feet. You've probably got about a week before my disc arrives and my torrent of stupid questions begins, so in the mean time, 'Hello pheads and my apologies in advance'

pushedbutton.
2009-05-25, 18:59
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Concep

20 Jan 2015

2006-03-10, 21:43

concep 
:record: :refill: :adapted: :reload: :reason:

Rewire vs. Exporting Wav tracks
I currently use Samplitude v8 Pro as my DAW. I make my beats / instrumental tracks in Reason and export the individual instruments / drums as separate wavs that I import into Samplitude. That way I can record guitar and vox. Samp V8 supports rewire, and I've messed around with it a little bit. 

What I was wondering was Does anybody know which would eat up less CPU time? Using multiple Wav's or rewiring? 

Here's my specs.
2.4Ghz AMD 64 4400
Windows XP SP2
1 Gig PC3200 Ram
Emu 1820 Soundcard w/breakout box 
450gig worth of hard drive space.

Concep

20 Jan 2015

Wait!  I found an earlier one.

2006-03-03, 18:58

concep 
:record: :refill: :adapted: :reload: :reason:

Latency Issue on Start up
Everytime I start Reason after I reboot my computer, I get a stuttering until I change the latency to a higher setting in preferences. 

It doesn't matter if my computer has been running for 2 days before I open Reason 3, it still happens. It also doesn't matter what the latency is originally set at. I can change it back after a minute to 50ms and it works fine. Does anyone else experience this? 

Here's my system specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3300 (2.4ghz)
1gig Ram (PC3200)
Windows XP Pro (s.p.2)
Emu 1820 soundcard
Reason 3 (latest update installed)

Ixus

20 Jan 2015

My first one, from 2008

Reason for 8 bit?
Hey
I've been using Reason to make chiptune-like tracks for some time, (mostly using nn19 raw synths) and I was just wondering, Is anyone else making 8 bit-ish tracks with Reason?

the only musician that i know of besides myself using Reason for 8 bit is Multifaros

heres a 8 bitty track i made

(youtube link)

No reply. I remember getting mad and thought "screw this place" hahaha

phasys

20 Jan 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:If phasys is right then
Seriously!! :D

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

20 Jan 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:I can only go back 2000 posts (it seems) so I can't get anywhere near my first one. Grum.
If you go to "All Your Forums", and select the archived PUF (as in, the actual original Propellerhead User Forum"), click it, then click the header to sort by Thread Starter.

Then it's just a matter to finding the pages that have Grumbleweed. It might not be your first post, but you might find your first thread.

The earliest I can find is (and 8 years later, I STILL don't understand why they've not done this - and they just given the sequencer its second overhaul in that time!)

2007-08-13, 13:10

JiggeryPokery
:record: :refill: :reload: :reason: :recycle:

Additional sequencer note length divisions?
I remember back in the day when I used Musicator, it had a great function that I used often, where the step entry could have any note length division.

At the moment, Reason only has support for 1/8T, 1/16T and 1/32T triplets. It would be fantastic if there was an additional option at the bottom of the length drop-down box to manually specify the length, so you could easily create snaps to 1/5, 1/6, 1/7 and so on up to 1/32T.

If this could be implemented for R4.x or R5, this would be BRILLIANT alongside the ReGroove mixer, as you could very quickly create the odd-length triplets, and let ReGroove handle creating a bit more swing to the evenly quantised notes.

Please, Props, think about it!

Julibee

20 Jan 2015

Mine was answering the question "What made reason so special for you to use it" and what I said was neither here nor there.

But I thought it was nice that CharlyCharlzz was the first one to comment about it. Of course, it WAS his thread, so.... But still. I guess Charly is the first one I "met"!

How you like them apples, CharlyCharlzz?? :D
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

20 Jan 2015

This is the earliest Grumble thread I can see:

______

2007-04-18, 22:13

Grumbleweed
:re: :record: :refill: :reason:

Mr.B... I wasn't expecting a great deal of difference but...
... the Quad Band Imager is the way forward!!!

It's nice to get a freebie that really does liven up the sounds.

(I would try to be the first to post a track using it but I ponce around too much getting things how I like them anyway - and now I have a bunch of new toys to fret over!)

Thanks to Mr.B for a great refill.

Grumbleweed.

Ostermilk

20 Jan 2015

If the search is to be believed it was this one on the feature request forum regarding midi out.

The date would mean I was merely lurking for 15 months or so before I opened my trap, which sounds a bit far-fetched to me.  However I don't have a clue what I was on about which doesn't sound too far-fetched.

2011-09-13, 12:57

Ostermilk
:record: :reload: :reason:

In, Out and Thru.

Why would more routing flexibility ever be a bad thing?

I've never noticed a downside to having all 3 on a Workstation.

Ostermilk

20 Jan 2015

phasys wrote:Image 
This is my favourite one so far.

I also still ROFL at the memory of the one you posted after you first loaded R8 after a long campaign urging others to stay positive and wait and see what the release version was like when the feedback from the betas was looking less than favourable... :thumbup:

• Information