A heartfelt thankyou

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Theo.M

20 Jan 2015

This is not about apologies, and PLEASE i am kindly asking no one up rate this post as i absolutely do not want anyone to think I am after points.

There has been some horrible events that took place the last few days and I am so glad it's all behind us. And indeed the last few years really.

I feel humbled and thankful that even the members I had the most intense conflict with in the past have managed to put it all behind them and start fresh and accept me, and I am sure that goes for others too that had some altercations with other members at the PUF.

It just feels so new and 'clean' here, like all the bad is just 'gone'. I can't believe I am saying this but I am actually happy the PUF is going now, it means nothing to me anymore. Anyone feel that way too?.

I need to specifically thank Brent for doing the site, and for burying the hatchet and allowing me to be here, I need to thank Giles for putting a good word for me to Brent (Giles knows my very mellow friendly side), Dub for the clean start, Noel and all mentioned and not mentioned admins (in case i haven't said them all) for their contributions to keep the site drama free, although it feels so far that barely any real moderation has been necessary, the members here are just all enjoying the totally clean slate and respecting one another.

I am just really thankful to be able to wake up and go here and actually look forward to it knowing it will be positive and productive.

I can assure you guys that I have spoken to Giles at length as he is my most trusted "Reason friend", and he has guided me to posting style in the past that may have riled people up and what to avoid doing in future, so I am being very careful in absolutely everything I say now as to not possible cause offence to anyone ever again, and will prove that to you all over the next years here. Even if i have something negative to say about a product, the approach will be completely different.

So anyway, to anyone else who feels the same way, or perhaps others here who have had altercations with others in the past, let's be thankful this amazing new opportunity has been given to us to start anew.

Peace!

Hugs to all.

Theo.M

20 Jan 2015

Oh no My apologies guys it was meant to go in the lounge! Please admins move, so sorry  :s0717:

tt_lab

20 Jan 2015

Yeah everything seems more family like here.
Bavanity, you can move your own threads I think.
Just check the box besides the title and move to wherever you like it to be.
Is great to see people getting along.
Cheer

Theo.M

20 Jan 2015

tt_lab wrote:Yeah everything seems more family like here. Bavanity, you can move your own threads I think. Just check the box besides the title and move to wherever you like it to be. Is great to see people getting along. Cheer
Hi there, i click the box and under the "tools" i don't have an option to move.

Also, if I press the edit button, it says "the specified topic can not be found" lol.

Have no idea, sorry...

selig
RE Developer

20 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:
tt_lab wrote:Yeah everything seems more family like here. Bavanity, you can move your own threads I think. Just check the box besides the title and move to wherever you like it to be. Is great to see people getting along. Cheer
Bavanity wrote:

Also, if I press the edit button, it says "the specified topic can not be found" lol.

Have no idea, sorry...
Hi Theo,

Sorry I didn't respond to your chat - the chat feature isn't working well for me (when it's working), loosing half of what I say and making me appear even more spacey than normal!

I don't know if you can move your own threads or if the feature is buggy - I'll move this to the lounge for you either way!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Theo.M

20 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:
Bavanity wrote:

Have no idea, sorry...
selig wrote:
Hi Theo,

Sorry I didn't respond to your chat - the chat feature isn't working well for me (when it's working), loosing half of what I say and making me appear even more spacey than normal!

I don't know if you can move your own threads or if the feature is buggy - I'll move this to the lounge for you either way!
:)
Thanks mate, chat is going berkers for me here again too, i am going to have to re adblock it as it just wont sit still, and keeps killing my login cookie. Oh well! Thanks for the message.

JNeffLind

20 Jan 2015

Glad to have you here man. Forums need active members with good knowledge. When I saw in PUF that you were potentially being blackballed from the new spot it definitely bothered me, despite the fact that you and I have had no interaction. I'm glad your detractors are giving you a chance and that you're rising to the occasion. I hope our "relationship" in this new place is long and healthy.

As someone who can be a bit prickly and confrontational myself, I just make a rule to never be negative and to ignore any perceived offense, even if I feel attacked or slandered. I'm a grown man, and only children fight over insults. Kill them with kindness and try to learn from them, even if all you learn is how not to act.

Onward!

Namahs Amrak

20 Jan 2015

It begs the question though.... who else may have been blackballed from the outset, without the rational mindset of Selig intervening on their behalf? One of PUFs most famous ongoing two-man stoushes involves an admin. Is the other party welcome to join if he wishes to do so?
My Words are my ART

Theo.M

20 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:It begs the question though.... who else may have been blackballed from the outset, without the rational mindset of Selig intervening on their behalf? One of PUFs most famous ongoing two-man stoushes involves an admin. Is the other party welcome to join if he wishes to do so?
No no, it's been decided everyone gets a chance. Lunesis made that pretty clear  in the public chat with Selig about it.. that he agreed, clean slate for all.

@JNeffLind, thank you! Unfortunately my last days at the PUF are not productive at all, with some built up feelings being let out, but that's a different story and definitely not with any members that are registered here, but you are right, it's childish... Even though that place is gone for good in 24 hrs or so, i should go out NOT doing posts like I just did (don't look LOL!)

Peace.

Lunesis

20 Jan 2015

Thanks for coming on board Theo, glad you could be a part.  :s0801:

• Information