Ending PUF with a bang!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Gaja

22 Jan 2015

Thanks for sharing these! I haven't heard of ott yet, so I'm happy to have new music to listen to.
Shpongle have been pretty much my favourite music ensemble for quite some time now. I bought are you shpongled and tales of te inexpressible something like twelve or so years ago. Then got every album after that. Fantastic and incredible productions, courtesy of simon posfords inconceivable awesomeness (and of course Raja Ram's).
Ott is slang for ganja in germany, just in case you didn't know :) and their music is amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

..but Ott is a common name I thought? There was entheogenic botanist of times past named Johnathon Ott.

Simon Posford is indeed awesome. Myself and a friend often speak about 'The Posford Touch' that can be heard in every project he does. Check out the band 'Younger Brother' if you aren't familiar with them, and the second album. It it a Simon Posford project that's a bit more 'rock', believe it or not. And credit to him that he avoided the obvious cliche of billing himself as PSYmon.

I had the pleasure of experiencing Shpongle live a few years ago, the complete ensemble with a live band (rather than just a DJ set which they do more often).

Since you haven't heard of Ott, you probably don't know about the 'Hallucinogen In Dub' album. Ott completely reimagined his early songs, and it's one the finest albums in the genre that I have ever heard. There's a version on youtube, but the poor audio quality of YT does this CD an injustice. It's very hard to get, but ... well... PM me if you wish and we can work something out :)

Another great album by Simon Posford is a project called Celtic Cross. Then of course is the totally obscure Mystery of the Yeti parts 1 & 2. Reading the Wiki pages on the 'Yeti' releases brings the listener's understanding into another dimension.

Um, you might say I'm a Posford fanboy :)

I love this 'happy' intro' and how it descends into psychedelic dub darkness (the whole album is a beautiful dark journey):

And some more Posford-produced material:

My Words are my ART

Gaja

22 Jan 2015

Ah nice! So I take it Ott is simon posford?
It had a posfordesque feel to it that's for sure :)
Did you know PUF member diablo75 produced a track with simon posford some two years or so ago?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

No, Ott is not Simon Posford. Although they were on the same label for a while (Twisted).

What a great track. Will check out Diablo's other material tomorrow. Great bragging rights to say you've done a song with Simon.

Ott launched a Kickstarter campaign last year, with the top donation being rewarded with Ott mixing, producing and even totally remixing a whole album. I didn't have a spare $12,000 laying around though.

There's a relatively unknown artist from Colorado I enjoy called Androcell - I think he's in the same league as Ott & Posford with his skills at pulling great sounds out of his head. I'm considering asking him to mix an album for me. The guy comes across as doing it a bit tough, so if you enjoy the music, please consider hitting up his Bandcamp page with a donation

My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

Here's a small world story. There was a band in the 90's called Juice that I followed around (I went to almost every gig they played since discovering them, so have seen them perhaps 40 times), and the singer/guitarist Krishna Jones is the son of Shiva Jones, the frontman for a '60's progressive band called Quintessence that were based in Ladbroke Grove, UK. I had been listening to Quintessence for years, until one day discovering that I had been checking out his son's band for ages. ACtually both of his sons, as there were two brothers in the band.

In a SECOND amazing coincidence, Raja Ram was a founding member of Quintessence !

Here's an entire Quintessence album if you're into vintage vibes. This is pretty much where it began for Raja Ram, I think. Man you have a lot of listening ahead of you :s0238:

My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

Gaja... Please share any downtempo psybient albums that you enjoy, that I may not have heard. I think we have some common ground with tunes.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

aaaaaand, an interview with Raja Ram, circa 1970. The fact that this guy is still pulling huge crowds in 2015 is nothing short of amazing.

My Words are my ART

Gaja

22 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Gaja... Please share any downtempo psybient albums that you enjoy, that I may not have heard. I think we have some common ground with tunes.
Yeah I think you're right. I'm at work now, preparing for a session to record one or maybe more meditation CDs. So sadly I can't listen to all those tunes you posted. I never actively research music and only ever stumble over music, so there's a chance I can't help you much with that :frown:
But I'll have it in the back of my head and keep you updated, if I find something that fits.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

craven

22 Jan 2015

some great music in this thread! thanks for sharing!
:ugeek:

JNeffLind

22 Jan 2015

So it's past noon in Sweden and PUF is still standing. Time for dicks yet? Ambient dicks? Trance dicks? Or have the hardliners softened? (haha)

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

Dick pics or it didn't happen
My Words are my ART

JNeffLind

22 Jan 2015

My sword remains sheathed. My gun on the other hand...

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

Those grenades look ready to explode
My Words are my ART

JNeffLind

22 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Those grenades look ready to explode
They only look that way. They're inert from age and rough treatment.

JNeffLind

22 Jan 2015

Alright. I'm tapping out. Back to bed. A brave new world awaits me and my favorite pastime. 

Exowildebeest

22 Jan 2015

No bang, no new site, nothing.

Just loads of Posford here I see, good stuff. As is Ott, Androcell etc.

selig
RE Developer

22 Jan 2015

The PUF has ended - with a PUF. Not quite as exciting as a bang…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

littlejam

22 Jan 2015

hello,

congrats! to selig for the selig shuffle: one of the demo songs on the new PH site:
a nice gritty guitar and drums track: well played, sir!

:s0826: , j

littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

selig
RE Developer

22 Jan 2015

littlejam wrote:hello,

congrats! to selig for the selig shuffle: one of the demo songs on the new PH site:
a nice gritty guitar and drums track: well played, sir!

:s0826: , j
Hey, I'd forgotten about that one - it was a response to some who said they didn't find any useful sounds with the "Rock" amp setting on the new Softube REs, and I had just recorded that track and found that setting to be quite useful! Probably my best guitar playing to date (I don't call myself a guitar "player", rather, someone who can play "some" guitar).   :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

Dear Giles. I do not find any useful sounds in OctoRex for 7.5/4 time signature death metal drums using triple kicks at a BPM of 225. It would be fabulous if you could whip up a few octo sets :)

Don't be shy with the cowbell
My Words are my ART

craven

22 Jan 2015

just discovered Younger Brother, good stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKsnc92tMLU

I kinda like the new support site. The frontpage not so much, but well...
Curious to see if and how Props will change the shop!
:ugeek:

Exowildebeest

22 Jan 2015

Younger Brother <3

Saw them live at Ozora a couple of years ago. Awesome. Upliftingly psychedelic and melancholic.

selig
RE Developer

22 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Dear Giles. I do not find any useful sounds in OctoRex for 7.5/4 time signature death metal drums using triple kicks at a BPM of 225. It would be fabulous if you could whip up a few octo sets :) Don't be shy with the cowbell
Have you been spying on my IDT development? Man I was REALLY hoping to keep this one a surprise…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

3rd Floor Sound

22 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Dear Giles. I do not find any useful sounds in OctoRex for 7.5/4 time signature death metal drums using triple kicks at a BPM of 225. It would be fabulous if you could whip up a few octo sets :) Don't be shy with the cowbell
selig wrote:
Have you been spying on my IDT development? Man I was REALLY hoping to keep this one a surprise…
;)
15/8 is way easier. Unless that's your blood pressure.
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

• Information