Anyone else a bit nervous at the proposed new Props site.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Heater

19 Jan 2015

I just hope they get the important stuff working well.  Account management and RE's sync for it's customers. Stuff like that.

djfm1983

19 Jan 2015

I didn't even know they have a new site coming...
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

popp

19 Jan 2015

Not nervous but curious what they come up with...
Super Dabbler

Vesterager

19 Jan 2015

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Yorick

19 Jan 2015

Heater wrote:I just hope they get the important stuff working well.  Account management and RE's sync for it's customers. Stuff like that.
Very. Get your license on ignition key/computer/balance!

Heater

19 Jan 2015

Heater wrote:I just hope they get the important stuff working well.  Account management and RE's sync for it's customers. Stuff like that.
Yorick wrote:
Very. Get your license on ignition key/computer/balance!
Yep.  All my RE's and licenses are up to date on my PC.

Exowildebeest

20 Jan 2015

On the new site, Discover will be locked to the left side of your screen at all times.

:P

phasys

20 Jan 2015

popp wrote:Not nervous but curious what they come up with...
If the new login screen is anything to go by, the whole site is gonna look like Figure.

selig
RE Developer

20 Jan 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:On the new site, Discover will be locked to the left side of your screen at all times. :P
Yup. Odd as that may seem, it's a distinct possibility as they seem to be pushing that over Reason at the moment! 
Selig Audio, LLC

Theo.M

20 Jan 2015

Unfortunately today when i logged in and the authoriser did it's usual update license attempt cause a demo RE expired, it gave me a message i had never seen before, after the "server failed yellow exclamation mark message" that i see everyday - it read something like, "could not access data for RE xxxxx" and i had to click "ok" manually for every single RE to get into Reason, like 100 times in other words.

After that it took 3 attempts and 1hr 50 minutes to get a successful license update in the authoriser so i could simply run Reason properly. They really need to fix this so i am HOPING that the new site is actually going to address this with server upgrades.. Fingers crossed. This situation is actually starting to ruin my day every time it happens.

if it gets worse, I might have to put a formal complaint in as it's taking up to much of my daily time, every day.

offaxisdaddy

20 Jan 2015

Theo.M wrote: After that it took 3 attempts and 1hr 50 minutes to get a successful license update in the authoriser so i could simply run Reason properly. They really need to fix this so i am HOPING that the new site is actually going to address this with server upgrades.. Fingers crossed. This situation is actually starting to ruin my day every time it happens.

if it gets worse, I might have to put a formal complaint in as it's taking up to much of my daily time, every day.
I had the same issue with the authorizer yesterday. Trial expired and 3+ hours to get authorizer to complete. Very frustrating - I'm really hoping that this is addressed as well.

Theo.M

20 Jan 2015

Theo.M wrote: After that it took 3 attempts and 1hr 50 minutes to get a successful license update in the authoriser so i could simply run Reason properly. They really need to fix this so i am HOPING that the new site is actually going to address this with server upgrades.. Fingers crossed. This situation is actually starting to ruin my day every time it happens.

offaxisdaddy wrote:
I had the same issue with the authorizer yesterday. Trial expired and 3+ hours to get authorizer to complete. Very frustrating - I'm really hoping that this is addressed as well.
Ok, I also got much support about this at the PUF, so i think it's time we organised a group where we all post an email about this, let's try and get big numbers, perhaps they will actually take it seriously then.

3+ hours must have been terrible, feel bad for you.

The thing is, they claim it's the user's internet connection, when of course one will check their connection and see there has been no dropouts in days LOL, and be downloading from props site at full speed, and posting at the PUF, etc.

I find it all very strange because.. their server seems to be like a rock in ALL aspects BUT the authoriser! And it makes me wonder.. IS it their server or is it a codemeter issue? One thing is for sure, it's a long standing issue and it's very counter productive. 

offaxisdaddy

20 Jan 2015

The authorizer and the shop both need serious attention. Last year I bought the Synapse fx bundle - and was charged twice for it. PH reversed the charge (after waiting 2 days for a response) and it took 17 days for the funds to re-appear in my bank account (minus my banks "international" fee that i was hit with 3 times - once on the original purchase and twice on the error). It's issues like this that have kept my trials/purchases to a minimum in recent months.

Purpleb

21 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:I fear someday PH will be monthly subscribed with worse upgrades than 8 and will force us to save all our music to discovery and sharing will be mandatory. Basically we will have no rights to our music because it's "the future" and "taking it to the streets" according to them.

LOL I hope this new site isn't all cheesy full of pictures of kids at parties and coffee shops "writing" and "producing" music on their iStuff. I mean if all this gimmicky shit is to attract new customers to Reason, then why aren't they doing very much Reason innovation/DAW competition?

The first part of this is scary about the subscription part - I really hope that does not happen!!! Ever!!!

The second part is hilarious and also kind of scary! LOL.... I bet you are right though about the pics of kids at parties and coffee shops making music with their istuff.

I bet there will be at least one pic of someone in a coffee shop and a minimum of two pics at parties (one of those parties will be outdoors).

• Information