Music Chart on the front page

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MirrorEyEs

18 Jan 2015

Here's my idea, I thought it would be cool to have a top 10 on the front page based upon themes on rotation every week/2 weeks or something, so peeps can click a link/embed to listen to the latest no: 1 without delving into or completely ignoring the Post Your Music section, as was the case on PUF!! not saying it would be a panacea but could help keep things rolling, I know some sites have a radio feature!!

The themes could be obvious ones like Most Popular - all time - this week - today - (based upon site metrics) by genre, latest etc.

And to prevent the same tunes from dominating and keep it interesting to a broader demographic some more subjective or abstract ones:

Best chorus/riff
Best arrangement
Most replayed
Most out there
Most difficult to pigeon hole
Hardest beat
Brushed drums
Dazzling vocal
Best Antidote/Predator (instrument of choice) track
Best (x) refill track
Most mashed up glitcha-a-thon
Most cowbell
Most smashed

I know it's early days and this could be too much of a burden for the admins, anyway any thoughts what say you?

Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

Ecopro

18 Jan 2015

It sounds interesting and it's something I had always wished the PH forum would have included. Let's give this place some time and see how things pan out. I'm pretty sure we all want to see some great things happen here, and I can assure you, we will try to accommodate the best ideas in the near future. 

Guts Electronic Mayhem

Ixus

19 Jan 2015

Nice idea, something like this would be fun.
Ah I see you are an admin Eco! Then we can rest assured the "post your music" section will end up great :D

Ecopro

20 Jan 2015

Ixus wrote: Nice idea, something like this would be fun.
Ah I see you are an admin Eco! Then we can rest assured the "post your music" section will end up great :D
Working on it dude, but remember this is a democracy. So we'll see how it turns out.

Nice seeing you joined here btw. 

Welcome!
Guts Electronic Mayhem

ionly

20 Jan 2015

I'm for the idea of a conspicuous player on the header, or the like. I really liked listening to the music challenges on the PUF, but thought the upload forum over there seemed somewhat out-back, last door on the left.

Competitions can be a healthy way to inspire creation, and can be fun also - obviously, they're not platforms for everyone, but I think it's worth a try. And it might attract 'outside' recognition. Personally, it would get me off my arse and provide some impulsion to finish things (and stop tweaking!). I'd imagine it would bring a lot of lurking talent out of the woodwork also.

Cheers

• Information