How Often Will You Be Visiting The PH Site?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Rice

18 Jan 2015

Hey guys,

Don't know about you, but I often visit the PH site on a daily, you know, seeing if there's anything new and of course checking in on our community. But now that a lot of us are here, how often do you think you'll be visiting the PH site?

tibah

18 Jan 2015

At least once a week. I have their feed on FB, so new RE news will be posted there most of the time. The old "substance" tab was also rather awesome, but now this stuff is buried in their blog. Their latest YT stuff was also rather *meh* most of the time, so probably it's down to news, updates and checking new RE arrivals.

zeebot

18 Jan 2015

Pretty much used the site for the forum and from there I'd visit the shop or whatever if something interesting had been posted.
Never really bothered with the blog and all that, bit too hipster for me.
I will probably only visit the site for the shop if something good comes out, other than that I doubt it.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Rice

18 Jan 2015

I'm with you guys, I think mine will be limited, as a matter of fact I've already started going to it less, besides, if there's something new I do get their newsletter

CharlyCharlzz

18 Jan 2015

twice a year , maybe more !

it is all depending because I use to give it a fast click or two a day but on Forum only .

Now I cannot say I will have any uses to go there unless I need to download Reason or fix it up
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

eusti

18 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote: Newsletter will do!
But I'm really wonder how a new site will look like...
For some reason their newsletter always came kind of late regarding sales and all... I mean not too late to participate, but definitely not right at the start of things...

D.

Yorick

18 Jan 2015

Rice wrote:Hey guys,

Don't know about you, but I often visit the PH site on a daily, you know, seeing if there's anything new and of course checking in on our community. But now that a lot of us are here, how often do you think you'll be visiting the PH site?
Not much, I mainly went there because of the forum. Conversations in the forum drove me to the shop.
Without the forum I wouldn't have upgraded to 6.5 from v 2.5 and wouldn't have purchased the rack extensions & refills that I did.

Rice

18 Jan 2015

Rice wrote:Not much, I mainly went there because of the forum. Conversations in the forum drove me to the shop. Without the forum I wouldn't have upgraded to 6.5 from v 2.5 and wouldn't have purchased the rack extensions & refills that I did.
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought for most of us...I guess we're the "old school" and "Stuck in the kitchen" crew.

pushedbutton

18 Jan 2015

I'll let you know on the 22nd. Hopefully there's be a Reason to set it as my homepage.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

phasys

18 Jan 2015

Rice wrote:Hey guys,

As little as possible.

Heater

18 Jan 2015

Zero.

I'm on Reason 7 and I won't upgrade to Reason 8.  That's okay though because I feel that Reason 7 is pretty feature complete as far as I'm concerned.

I also will not support the Props stance on the resale of RE's.  So I won't be buying any of those.

I'll just keep making music with what I have.  It's plenty enough really.

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Now I will never randomly visit their site. Will only get there via hyperlink when I receive robot notification of a shop update, or directly to an RE via embedded link in any thread review/discussions on this forum. That means I'll probably never see the front page content again at propellerhead.se, nor anything else they might wish to communicate to their customers. I don't need to log in or anything. Neither do I have any desire to follow their facebook page as it appear to be relentless marketing hype as to be expected from them these days.
My Words are my ART

Arsenic

18 Jan 2015

It'll be pretty rare that I visit - I only really went to the site for the forum.
From time to time a link would send me off to another page, but I would say the majority of the site was of little interest to me.

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Those who also don't wish to waste their time with Propellerheads posted hype can use the Change Detection to stay updated whenever there are new or updated products. Put in the shop.propellerheads URL, not the main site

https://www.changedetection.com/
My Words are my ART

EddieG

18 Jan 2015

For me it will be rare indeed

Maybe up to 4 times a year

upgrades, RE, support etc

stratcatfl in the house !

hydlide

18 Jan 2015

I find this question a bit hard to answer since I have no idea what the plan is for the newly build website they have in their minds.
However, if I think about the current site having no forum (with that mind set), I doubt I will only check in for new toys... so perhaps once a month depending on what gets released and so on.

Depending on how things role on the propellerhead site, I might just write a bot just to get the latest intel.

joeyluck

18 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:But I'm really wonder how a new site will look like...
True.  

Now that we have a new forum home, maybe folks can allow themselves to be excited about what may come of the new website?  

Will there be any of the overdue updates to the shop?
Is Propellerhead possibly launching a RE along with the new website to celebrate?

They have chosen January 22 for launch which is first day of NAMM...
Is their focus at NAMM Reason 8.1 and Discover?  Or maybe something in addition?

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

hydlide wrote: I might just write a bot just to get the latest intel.
You don't need to, the technology is already available, see post #16
My Words are my ART

clone

18 Jan 2015

I would log on the forums everyday, and look for new RE's, even though i haven't purchased any yet. LOL

Rice

18 Jan 2015

clone wrote:I would log on the forums everyday, and look for new RE's, even though i haven't purchased any yet. LOL
Now that sounds like a person with hope :)

mayzon

19 Jan 2015

Almost never unless i'm in the market for a new Re. I used to visit the site and look around but only due to linking through from the forums. Now I have no need to go there!

Ixus

19 Jan 2015

Not that often i recon, but I'll have to see how the new site will look. I rarely buy RE or Refills, so I wont check too often for news in that department.

• Information