Babymetal - Gimme Chocolate

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Ok, this is just fucking strange

My Words are my ART

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.
Uh-huh. A metal band fronted by three Japanese Bubblegum vocalists singing about chocolate in front of a 30 foot statue of the Virgin Mary while the musicians are dressed in skeleton jumpsuits is very typical rock music....
My Words are my ART

Lunesis

18 Jan 2015

Could not look away..  :s0230:

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:Could not look away..  :s0230:
They are kinda hot.

Here's the translation to the lyrics

I won’t. Won’t. Won’t. Won’t. Never. Never. Never.
Check-it-out chocolate. Can I have a bit of chocolate?
But my weight worries me a bit these days.
However, chocolate. Can I have a bit of chocolate?
But wait a while! Wait a while! Wait! Wait! Wait!
Atatata taata taatatata zukkyun.
Wadadada daada daadadada dokkyun.
Zukyun. Dokyun. Zukyun. Dokyun.
Yet. Yet. Yet. Yet. Never. Never. Never.
Check-it-out chocolate. I can have a bit of chocolate, can’t I?
But my weight worries me a bit these days.
However, chocolate. I can have a bit of chocolate, can’t I?
But wait a while! Wait a while! Wait! Wait! Wait!
Parappappappaa rappappappaa rappappappaa paapapapapaa.
Too, too late. Too, too late. Too, too. P! P! P! Come on!
Atatata taata taatatata zukkyun.
Wadadada daada daadadada dokkyun.
Zukyun. Dokyun. Zukyun. Dokyun.
I won’t. Won’t. Won’t. Won’t. Never. Never. Never.
I did it so hard. I did my best.
So, a bit (heart). I ask you just a little bit.
Quickly chocolate. Please give me chocolate quickly!
Pass me chocolate! Chocolate please!
Check-it-out chocolate. I can have a bit of chocolate, can’t I?
I think so, don’t you? It’s so good. I’ll be so happy and can work hard.
So, chocolate. I can have a bit of chocolate, can’t I?
I think so, don’t you? Just a little bit. I’ll eat just a little bit of chocolate.
Too, too late. Too, too late. Too, too. P! P! P! Come on!
Pappappaa pappappaa pappappaa paapapapapaa.

This is a song of a girl who likes chocolate and worries about gaining weight. Roughly speaking, girls in their preteen and teenage first grow tall, second grow fat, and finally become shaped up without special efforts. Girls need not worry much if they grow fat in this second stage. It’s just because of the unstability in the growth stage.
My Words are my ART

Lunesis

18 Jan 2015

Satanic chocolate maybe?

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

dude, thanks for that video. After my mate showed me Babymetal yesterday, I was looking for this video (PonPon), but didn't remember what it was called. The part where she blows psychedelic patterns out of her ass is quite satisfying, (1:29), almost as much as the pink faced character vomiting eyeballs towards the end

There's another sickly K-Pop song, I think it's about cake, but I can't find that one either.
My Words are my ART

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Uh-huh. A metal band fronted by three Japanese Bubblegum vocalists singing about chocolate in front of a 30 foot statue of the Virgin Mary while the musicians are dressed in skeleton jumpsuits is very typical rock music....
And this is a problem?  

These guys rock.  Almost as much as these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCl4PbeaOQ4
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:K-Pop, or dare I say all Asian pop is so weird. I have this feeling no one was actually playing or singing anything at that metal show. I bet the only thing playing was the CD player.
The music certainly wasn't live, but many bands emulate playing against their studio song for a video clip. I viewed that as their video..... Babymetal are actually an international touring band, so they can obviously pull it off.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote: And this is a problem? 
Who said it was a problem? You're the only one using these words. I'm just sharing some music that is outside of what most people would be exposed to.
My Words are my ART

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Who said it was a problem? You're the only one using these words. I'm just sharing some music that is outside of what most people would be exposed to.
Namahs Amrak wrote:Ok, this is just fucking strange
Ah.  Sorry, I guess I should have said "and this is fucking strange?"... 

I'm just saying, these guys rock and seem adorable.  I'd wager that a Kiss cover band fronted by 4 midgets is fucking strange.   :D  YMMV of course.  

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote: I'm just saying, these guys rock and seem adorable. 
Awwww, you're adorable ! :kiss:
My Words are my ART

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak[/QUOTE wrote:
Awwww, you're adorable ! :kiss:
Yes I am, Karma Shaman.  YES I AM!   :D   :love:

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:And why people go to these fake shows is beyond me.
I'd go in a second if I could witness this:

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote: But just think how lame that would be fake performing all the time, no matter how much money you were making. And why people go to these fake shows is beyond me. Same with the pop shit in America.
Yeah yeah I know.. entertainment. lol
No, I think you have mistaken my words. I think that video we watched in the OP is the video clip, using footage from a live show, but the studio cut. Such as that old AC/DC video with the band driving around the streets in a back of a truck, 'playing' Long Way to the Top, was simply footage tacked on to the studio version. Being that Babymetal play at serious metal festivals, I can't imagine they would get far if they were miming.

Enoch would probably know more than me though, he is superfan #1 of Babymetal lol
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:And why people go to these fake shows is beyond me.
EnochLight wrote:
I'd go in a second if I could witness this:

You should have been at my house on xmas day for the special cactus soup then :crazy:
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

LA - this is def. a live performance, from the band members at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94iOGxy7dhI
My Words are my ART

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

God bless the goddamn Japanese.  They take everything awesome from western civilization and make it better.  

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

they certainly made cockroaches taste better. The local ones in my neighbourhood are horrible.

My Words are my ART

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

Insects are mostly protein.  I actually considered trying it:

http://www.thefarmedinsectcompany.com/

Could solve a shitload of problems.  

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Oh yea. It's not uncommon in South East Asia to eat insects. I don't know about Japan, having never been there, but every country in SEA you can find crickets deep frying in the streets particularly if you hang around the locals rather than the tourist spots. In Laos you can dine on ant's eggs. Which reminds me - many years ago one of the top gourmet providores in my city were selling chocolate coated ants.

I think insects are a very feasible food source solution, but it's a hard sell to Westerners, who are quite often unwilling to try anything that's not common in their own culture. I'll try just about anything when I travel, having had bats, goats testicles, python blood, various insects, dogs, rats, duck embryo, horse, camel, snake meat, jellyfish and many other protein sources that most people find 'gross'. I won't say that they're always very pleasant to the tastebuds, but we (well, *I*) can't dismiss something because it's not part of my own heritage.

It wasn't so long ago in my own country that sheeps brains, the lining of cow's stomach, turtles and even tongues were common. These days most folks would be reticent to eat these foods that their grandparents ate regularly. Heck, I have had people turn their nose up when I suggest eating goat (I enjoy goat very much). It's just a skinny lamb, right.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Bugs are certainly healthier than fast food, hormone pumped meat, GMO saturated produce, and Aspartame everything.
Are bugs a regular part of your diet? The reason I ask is that I'm surprised you could readily buy them in your country, unless you breed them yourself.
My Words are my ART

• Information