Chat Bar won't close?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Theo.M

17 Jan 2015

Hi, for the past half hour here I keep minimising the chat bar and as more people log on, every time that happens it maximises itself and covers posts I am reading or writing. In the last half hour it's done it over 20 times.

I love the idea so much of a live chat here or there but without exaggeration, it has become a bit of a nuisance for me as i simply can't keep it minimise no matter how many times I have tried (safari 7.1.2, OSX 10.9.5)

So i decided to use safari adblock and it's now eliminated completely, and suddenly I feel a complete breath of fresh air and relaxation.. but i presume that means I won't be getting alerts for any chats... :frown:

Is there a way to keep in minimised unless I want to actually use it? I am probably missing a setting or doing something wrong.

cheers and thanks

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

You can open the chat window and choose the 'Go Offline' option, that might do the trick.

Theo.M

18 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:You can open the chat window and choose the 'Go Offline' option, that might do the trick.
Hi unfortunately no, and no matter how many times I do that and it tells me I am offline, within a couple minutes I am magically online again LOL and I have not even touched anything since i clicked to go offline.

I could make a video if  that helps and PM it to you.

reason2dance

18 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:You can open the chat window and choose the 'Go Offline' option, that might do the trick.
No, it doesn't, at least not here (Safari/Yosemite). The chat window opens randomly, although I've closed it many times. Or it opens and closes without my interaction. If I log out, I'll be logged in a few moments later.

No nagging, just a bug report, Admin san!  :)

Lunesis

18 Jan 2015

reason2dance wrote:
No, it doesn't, at least not here (Safari/Yosemite). The chat window opens randomly, although I've closed it many times. Or it opens and closes without my interaction. If I log out, I'll be logged in a few moments later.

No nagging, just a bug report, Admin san!  :)
Alright, I'll look into it.

• Information