Multi Quoting

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Failed Muso

17 Jan 2015

Is multi-quoting possible in here? I can't seem to find anything unless I'm going blind in my old age?

It's a useful thing to have to help keep posts down.

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

Failed Muso wrote: Is multi-quoting possible in here? I can't seem to find anything unless I'm going blind in my old age?

Unfortunately not that I'm aware of. Support seems to be taking the day off today but I'll have a bucketload of questions for them when they come back to the office. I plan to implement a lot of quality-of-life feature here as soon as I figure out how.

-008'

17 Jan 2015

Failed Muso wrote: Is multi-quoting possible in here? I can't seem to find anything unless I'm going blind in my old age?

FailedMuso wrote:Unfortunately not that I'm aware of. Support seems to be taking the day off today but I'll have a bucketload of questions for them when they come back to the office. I plan to implement a lot of quality-of-life feature here as soon as I figure out how.
I just reply to the 1st post, scroll down and copy the other post in, then  select/highlight, hit the "wrap in quotes" button on the editor, then name it (quote=TheName)

its faster than it sounds, but I would still like that feature though. :)

:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

What are people's thoughts on the nested replies that occurs if two people get into a quote/response rally? It the few other forums I see this at, it often seems to get messy very fast, people end up misquoting others, and the screen real estate becomes huge. Particularly so if viewing on a smart phone.
My Words are my ART

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:What are people's thoughts on the nested replies that occurs if two people get into a quote/response rally? It the few other forums I see this at, it often seems to get messy very fast, people end up misquoting others, and the screen real estate becomes huge. Particularly so if viewing on a smart phone.
I've been deleting them myself. I just want to quote what I'm responding to (especially if images were involved in previous posts). Seems like too much to look at sometimes...

I suppose what the PUF had was links (those arrows) included with quotes so you could jump to it to see what it was in response to...

CharlyCharlzz

17 Jan 2015

maybe using ( @ ) , exemple : @All on this thread what do you think ?

multi quotes is pretty lame but not having it is also lame now that we are used to it ....
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

@CharlyCharlzz That's not a bad idea!

But, I think folks like to see what people are referring to when they read responses.  

For instance, if you have a post on the first page, and I reply on the fourth page with:
"@CharlyCharlzz You can't be serious?  That's crazy!"

People will be a little frustrated they don't see what I'm responding to.
Which is why I think it's good to quote, but just delete all the other quotes inline before it.  

Is there an option to have it just quote the quote you are intending to quote?  Heh
Or is doing it manually by deleting the others the only option?

• Information