What have you been listening to?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
rorystorm
Posts: 742
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 02 Feb 2023

THREE NEW NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL RELEASES

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4567
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 02 Feb 2023

I just got back "home" to Vietnam after spending 6 weeks in the US for the holidays. It appears as though the neighbors got a new dog. :( So that's what I've been listening to!

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11019
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 Feb 2023

challism wrote:
02 Feb 2023
I just got back "home" to Vietnam after spending 6 weeks in the US for the holidays. It appears as though the neighbors got a new dog. :( So that's what I've been listening to!

WTF are they doing with the dog?
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4567
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 03 Feb 2023

They just leave it outside all the time and let it bark; no thought about the neighbors.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
jappe
Moderator
Posts: 2398
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 03 Feb 2023

challism wrote:
03 Feb 2023
They just leave it outside all the time and let it bark; no thought about the neighbors.
Sad for the dog and neighbors.
Had a neighbor with a guard dog. Barking whole day, went through the walls, the dog alone all day and more.

This would be a better option for them, possibly slightly worse for the cars passing by:
----------------------------------------------
Retro Rhyme

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4567
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 06 Feb 2023

jappe wrote:
03 Feb 2023
Sad for the dog and neighbors.
Had a neighbor with a guard dog. Barking whole day, went through the walls, the dog alone all day and more.

This would be a better option for them, possibly slightly worse for the cars passing by:
I think that robot dog represents a very frightening future. :(
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MrFigg
Competition Winner
Posts: 9043
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 06 Feb 2023

challism wrote:
06 Feb 2023
jappe wrote:
03 Feb 2023
Sad for the dog and neighbors.
Had a neighbor with a guard dog. Barking whole day, went through the walls, the dog alone all day and more.

This would be a better option for them, possibly slightly worse for the cars passing by:
I think that robot dog represents a very frightening future. :(
Only good thing with robot dogs is that they shit batteries.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4567
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 06 Feb 2023

MrFigg wrote:
06 Feb 2023
challism wrote:
06 Feb 2023


I think that robot dog represents a very frightening future. :(
Only good thing with robot dogs is that they shit batteries.
Assault and batteries.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MrFigg
Competition Winner
Posts: 9043
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 06 Feb 2023

challism wrote:
06 Feb 2023
MrFigg wrote:
06 Feb 2023


Only good thing with robot dogs is that they shit batteries.
Assault and batteries.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 787
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 06 Feb 2023

hello,

just found this
the playlist shows at 1:20 into the video
some cool songs

but wu tang clan meets r&b
what could go wrong with that




cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2532
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 07 Feb 2023

Not a big fan of modern rap but this hits a bit differently. It's Lebanese Australian hip hop and god dam it's cool. There are parts where it gets a bit hard house (maybe in other tracks) and there are other 4x4 beats and this track in particular has a really cool lead melody that they rap over also, this is something i can really enjoy compared to the flat and lifeless modern hip hop that has almost no melody and these guys have multiple tracks like this. Some Aussie jokes in this one too for those that will understand ;)


User avatar
demt
Posts: 1354
Joined: 16 Sep 2016

Post 08 Feb 2023

batehoven moonlight sonata a on piano b with guitar and im wondering what extreme synth can handle the piece
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 787
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2023

hello,

here is wu tang clan mashed up with led zeppelin

very nifty



cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

rorystorm
Posts: 742
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 13 Feb 2023

Severed heads - since the accident. Almost impossible to believe this music is 40 years old.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5 ... IG8LoqM3ko

Meanwhile there's 120 km/hr winds blowing outside. So that's fun.

User avatar
jappe
Moderator
Posts: 2398
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 13 Feb 2023

----------------------------------------------
Retro Rhyme

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 787
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 13 Feb 2023

hello,

the handpan thing is pretty

MrFigg got me started down that sound trail
and the thigh bone flute

this 'pancho and lefty' song would be cool on a handpan

here is more gillian welch and david rawlings
'pancho and lefty'
great tune
fantastic guitar solo

(don't know if i already posted this before (sorry))



my dad got drunk with willie nelson before he was famous
(willie nelson, that is, not my dad)

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

rorystorm
Posts: 742
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 18 Feb 2023

man, this

I don't care if objectively it's a cornball piece of trash, it's beautiful. God, her voice.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2913
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 19 Feb 2023

littlejam wrote:
22 Dec 2022
hello,

trying to get the rights to this song

any ideas?

need a lawyer?
Fist you should be clear on which rights you want/need. Then you should contact the sales/licensing contact of the label/artist.

rorystorm
Posts: 742
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 26 Feb 2023

every so often when I feel especially cynical about music, why I've spent my life living in it, and about the general shitness of stuff and how we're all going to die horribly, I play this to remind myself there's still beauty in the world.


rorystorm
Posts: 742
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 26 Feb 2023

rorystorm wrote:
26 Feb 2023
every so often when I feel especially cynical about music, why I've spent my life living in it, and about the general shitness of stuff and how we're all going to die horribly, I play this to remind myself there's still beauty in the world.

I'm with the girl with the blue hair. This is amazing.

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 787
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 26 Feb 2023

hello,

regarding slowdive song:
youtube comments state:

'Originally Written by James Joyce as a poem, then turned into a song by Syd Barrett in 1969, then covered by Slowdive. quite a journey this tune has been on '

i answer back with 'smashing pumpkins 'gish' album'


tristessa

i named one of my movie characters 'tristessa'




the ultimate shoegaze

this type of music hits all the right emotional notes

thanks again and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
jappe
Moderator
Posts: 2398
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 10 Mar 2023

Wintersun teaser...not a decade too early.

----------------------------------------------
Retro Rhyme

User avatar
MarkTarlton
Posts: 791
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Post 11 Mar 2023

rorystorm wrote:
26 Feb 2023
rorystorm wrote:
26 Feb 2023
every so often when I feel especially cynical about music, why I've spent my life living in it, and about the general shitness of stuff and how we're all going to die horribly, I play this to remind myself there's still beauty in the world.
I'm with the girl with the blue hair. This is amazing.
I recently played a show with them in Berlin, they were incredible! I was more excited to see them than play the gig, ha. Been a fan for 30 plus years. Big shoegaze fan here!! Also just saw Ride play their Nowhere album, holy cow was that amazing too.

rorystorm
Posts: 742
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 13 Mar 2023

Listening to the new Fever Ray record. Its excellent.

rorystorm
Posts: 742
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 13 Mar 2023

MarkTarlton wrote:
11 Mar 2023
rorystorm wrote:
26 Feb 2023


I'm with the girl with the blue hair. This is amazing.
I recently played a show with them in Berlin, they were incredible! I was more excited to see them than play the gig, ha. Been a fan for 30 plus years. Big shoegaze fan here!! Also just saw Ride play their Nowhere album, holy cow was that amazing too.
Jealous!!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 8 guests