What have you been listening to?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
rorystorm

25 Nov 2021

Its nearly summer here and that means early 90s alternative rock. Today, Rid of Me which has aged the best of its era partly because of Steve Albinis production. The drum sound!

littlejam

26 Nov 2021

hello,

it's raining here in brooklyn
no better reason to listen to some lofihiphop

i like this one a lot because of the guitars throughout
nice to make this stuff with the kuassa amps, the wah pedal REs, and a pedal board
and the new 'Roads' RE

the entire 'lofi cowboy' youtube channel is full of lofi music
each set list averages about 3 hours

great stuff

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2021

Seeing as it is nearly Xmas this popped up on my feed. A collab between everly pregnant brothers and South Yorkshire fire who I work for as a safety message.

littlejam

11 Dec 2021

hello,

@ Popey

i saved the song and the video
such a cool riff

here is something a bit different
i have no idea what they are saying
but it is very beautiful

i have their music, but never knew what they looked liked, let alone a concert

it would be fun to mash this up with male gregorian chant
or the conan the barbarian soundtrack

cheers and eat well,

j
littlejamaicastudios
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49

RandomNoise

11 Dec 2021

Discovered Catnapp recently after a video she made for Ableton Live.
Interesting and fresh artist IMO:

(This is the one with Ableton if anyone interested to check out):

littlejam

11 Dec 2021

hello,

it's german reggae with a sicksick 808
@ RandomNoise: a great find

the whole playlist is great

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2021

littlejam wrote:
11 Dec 2021
hello,

@ Popey

such a cool riff

but it is very beautiful

cheers and eat well,

j
That's a interesting video, I have no idea what they are saying either 😂

Regarding the chip pan song it got a lot of traktion in UK and even led to an appearance on the last leg which is a mainstream TV programme. Always makes me laugh as it was filmed in November so most of our staff were growing moustaches for the movember charity. I love everly pregnant brothers and for those in UK who watched phoenix nights Toby Foster is part of the band but was busy filming at the time (toby is the drummer in phoenix nights). If you enjoyed it try out some of their other songs like no women no pie etc.

bxbrkrz

15 Dec 2021

757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

miyaru

22 Dec 2021

RandomNoise wrote:
11 Dec 2021
Discovered Catnapp recently after a video she made for Ableton Live.
Interesting and fresh artist IMO:

(This is the one with Ableton if anyone interested to check out):
Discovered her too after watching the Ableton vid...... Really like it!!!

Now listening Jean Michel Jarre - Equinoxe Infinity
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

demt

22 Dec 2021

Southern rock..guitar!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

adfielding

23 Dec 2021

Spiritbox's album has been on constant rotation here for a while. Perfectly paced album and an incredibly satisfying heavy listen.

I've been listening to a load of older Masayoshi Takanaka records, his music is pure joy in audio form and I love it.

It's also the perfect time of year to revisit some old 7th Plain records. Hypnotic, spacey, liminal.

Aosta

24 Dec 2021

Obligatory really, it has been another tough year but we again come through it all.

Love your family, love your friends but remember to love yourself too :thumbup:
Merry Christmas all and hope Santa brings you something you wanted and not bloody socks again, it is always bloody socks..... :lol:

Oh why not have a few more, it IS Christmas!

And of course...

R.I.P Kirsty.
Tend the flame

rorystorm

30 Dec 2021

Miss Kittin and the Hacker. A slightly creepy nod to the Eurythmics' I Love To Listen To Beethoven.

Loque

30 Dec 2021

One track of my clearly all time favorite albums (Slide - Unstable).
Reason12, Win10

Aosta

02 Jan 2022

Very weird..

Tend the flame

Loque

03 Jan 2022

A Space Tribe classic: Dance Like Nobody's Watching
Reason12, Win10

Aosta

03 Jan 2022

adfielding wrote:
23 Dec 2021
It's also the perfect time of year to revisit some old 7th Plain records. Hypnotic, spacey, liminal.
Been a massive Luke Slater fan for years! The Four Cornered Room album is a work of genius. :thumbup:
Tend the flame

selig
RE Developer

03 Jan 2022

Fascinating to listen to a little bit of each track on this page - quite a sonic range and always interesting when you hear a slamming track and think "yea, that's it", which is then followed by an even more slamming track. Just talking sonics - I also listen to words and melodies and stuff too… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2022

littlejam wrote:
11 Dec 2021
hello,

@ Popey

such a cool riff

but it is very beautiful

cheers and eat well,

j

Saw them in Glasgow way back in the day. Totally brilliant. They were on 4AD. Same label as Dead Can Dance who did a whole lot of Gregorian Chant type music :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

adfielding

05 Jan 2022

Aosta wrote:
03 Jan 2022
Been a massive Luke Slater fan for years! The Four Cornered Room album is a work of genius. :thumbup:
To be honest, I only discovered him in the past couple of years! I came across Millentum and loved it, and picked up the Chronicles collection on Bandcamp. I'd still love to hear an original master of all of these tracks, but it's a decent collection and pretty tastefully put together.

On a semi-related note, I also came across a remaster of Six Silicates by Kilohearts and it's just wonderful.

Right now I'm listening to Sasha's LUZoSCURA and Sleep Token's latest record a lot.

fullforce

05 Jan 2022

Lee Coombs and Crystal Method.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

ShelLuser

05 Jan 2022

Two things this week actually and since I just learned we can share stuff on here using YouTube I will restrain myself from going wild. Know what? 3! ;)

This tune got into my head, it's easy to drum to and I enjoyed it quite a lot. And then I saw the clip... so, short background: I am a die-hard GTA5/GTAO player; I know the map of Los Santos almost by heart. These days I seldomly bother with GPS because I can find my way on my own. Why this is relevant you may wonder?

Yah, I could show you all the locations in the video clip within the game of GTAO, because they're all there! Now sure... more clips will be shot at San Fransisco. But I caught this one.

Now, the following is with all due respect; nothing between the lines. Thing is... Reason 11, in specific the drop of ReWire, made me look around for more options because my main DAW is Live, and I always used Reason rewired.. I found Maschine and got work done. Still with heavy Reason influence (don't get me started on the players... right now for me the players are the #1 feature in the rack extension) but Maschine. That led me to Komplete, that led me to Kontakt which in its turn led me to the "Voices of Gaia" sampled instrument from none other than SoundIron. That name meant something to me... because they're also the people behind Reason's Humana - Vocal Ensemble.

Wait a sec... artificial (sampled) vocals?! Could there be more? So that's when I discovered Yamaha's Vocaloid which I consider to be one of the most impressive (and maybe also influential) acoustic projects ever... Why influential?

THIS:

What you're hearing & seeing here... A real live band playing to an artificial (projected) artist which voice is powered by... yah.. Vocaloid. The music is real, the voice? Purely artificial. Heck, I have this exact same voice bank in my library as well (next to my Vocaloid 5 license). This is .. awesome :)

So yeah, 3rd. sure, Reason's drop of ReWire more or less pushed me onto another vendor and that had its impact. It's funny if you think of it IMO because many of my online "Live friends" (= people I got to know from being a Live user) sometimes told me "what took you so long?" because adding Komplete to your Live workflow is/was somewhat common (within context of course). Thing is... while many of my friends went Komplete I went Reason 4. And honestly.... even though Maschine / Komplete somewhat "took over" Reason's 2nd place in my home/hobby studio Reason also left its ever lasting marks.

Sure, sometimes Reason is now but an insert or MIDI effect on my setups. But I will never forget the "good days", when I went completely riled up after seeing this:

"There are no rules... no rights, or wrongs...". That left its mark on me, and its results!

OMG that track. I honestly keep this clip in my "music videos" section because... it is THAT awesome.

I can do you one better though:

Fun fact: that song was once part of Reason's demo songs. From the Squirrels. I honestly don't know if this is still a thing because... when I discovered this I saved, backed up, and enjoyed the heck out of this. I can uninstall Reason completely on my setup and this jewel will still be with me if/when I'd ever install the next version. I cannot use this in the rack extension (boohoo! (lol)) but yah.

I hope I can be pardoned: I still remember this time, I lived this time, I miss Frank & James, I miss videos like these; when this gets played in my house it STILL gets turned to HIGH volumes, when I hear the "new girl" I usually turn the stuff off completely.

BUT.. like I said, nothing between the lines. And most definitely no disdain or dislike or anything like that. HECK... While I have no intentions of ever buying Reason 12 I deeply admire the new Bassline Generator. HECK, I think it's plain out awesome how I can use this critter within Reason 11.

Live + Bassline Generator + Diva (= U-HE instrument) = pure awesomeness.

And those are my picks :) Hope you enjoyed the rant, sorry, had to be done :)

----

Seriously? I cannot post this because it contains 5 smileys? In a text THIS SIZE?

I think I have to seriously reconsider some options here because... this is in my opinion ridiculous.
--- :reason:

Aosta

06 Jan 2022

adfielding wrote:
05 Jan 2022
To be honest, I only discovered him in the past couple of years! I came across Millentum and loved it, and picked up the Chronicles collection on Bandcamp. I'd still love to hear an original master of all of these tracks, but it's a decent collection and pretty tastefully put together.
Oh wow! Lots of investigation to do on those links there :thumbup:

I actually saw Luke Slater live and it was an awesome gig.

Can't help but post the 4 cornered room playlist as I just had to listen to the album again

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... o6Xh1tZlG-

Also on a side note you may find (though I'm sure you are probably aware of him) The Album Into Deep by the amazing Oliver Lieb as L.S.G, this album is usually not far behind a listen to Mr Slater.

Tend the flame

miyaru

06 Jan 2022

LOUDNESS, not in lufs but the Japanese Speedmetalband, famous in the 80's - seen them twice live lovely!!!! :thumbup:
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

adfielding

06 Jan 2022

Aosta wrote:
06 Jan 2022
Also on a side note you may find (though I'm sure you are probably aware of him) The Album Into Deep by the amazing Oliver Lieb as L.S.G, this album is usually not far behind a listen to Mr Slater.

I've never heard this before, thanks! Will definitely be dipping into this properly when I get a chance :)

• Information