What have you been listening to?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Chizmata

06 Jul 2020

in desparate need of new electronica (idm) and in absence of a CD-player, i searched bandcamp and found these 2 im listening to right now. theyre good, first one is a more experimental style with tracks from ambient to noise and the 2nd some intelligent Big Beat/Liquid DnB Crossover:

plus a newer work of good ol' cristian vogel with a very clubby, yet experimental sound :

Tiny Montgomery

07 Jul 2020

Catblack

14 Jul 2020

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

DanAnders

18 Jul 2020

Dabbler

18 Jul 2020

nice

Dabbler

18 Jul 2020

Dabbler

18 Jul 2020

she hits me right between the ears

Lokey

19 Jul 2020

fl mobile

Dabbler

25 Jul 2020

wow - the lyrics.

bieh

25 Jul 2020

jappe

03 Aug 2020

Early Genesis, never gets boring to me:

wowhow
Competition Winner

04 Aug 2020

Anybody a fan of TWICE and other electronic pop idol songs?
I feel like these Electronic pop idol songs are so catchy.
Among other genres, I want to make tracks like this.

littlejam

04 Aug 2020

hello,

the choreography of bollywood dance songs with sharukahan will put this group to shame
and there is little to no special effects
everything is just great dancing
i do think the lyrics are voice over though
but bollywood has much more emotional impact than this video

also, the leading lady in the 2nd video just got over having the virus
her daughter is now fixed and her father is now fixed

bollywood is the bomb

cheers,

j

this one is killer

please enjoy

and one more

the dancing is very expressive and fun

this fourth one really shows off the choreography

real dancers doing real dancing

mahalos
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

guitfnky

04 Aug 2020

some video of a guy talking about The Caretaker album(s) Everywhere At The End Of Time showed you in my youtube feed this morning. three of my grandparents had dementia (likely Alzheimer’s), and my dad is starting down that road too, now. the concept was intriguing so I figured I’d take a listen. it’s 6 ½ hours long, and not much like the kind of music I usually listen to, but it’s really hitting me how shitty this disease is. of course I’ve known about what happens, and seen it, but somehow my family has been good at keeping us fairly well removed from the worst of it.

music is probably the most direct way I can access this kind of pain and empathy—not the only way, of course, but there’s sort of a short circuit with music that makes that the easiest. hearing this, and reading the descriptions, is just breaking me down. and I’m only about halfway through.

it’s a really strange sensation, listening to music that is meant to be so uncomfortable. hearing the music break down into fragments that seem familiar, but feel so wrong is soul-wrenching, when you think of what it’s meant to represent—and when you’ve seen firsthand people who have gone through it, and seen the confusion and chaos in their eyes... :(
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MarkTarlton

04 Aug 2020

guitfnky wrote:
04 Aug 2020
some video of a guy talking about The Caretaker album(s) Everywhere At The End Of Time showed you in my youtube feed this morning. three of my grandparents had dementia (likely Alzheimer’s), and my dad is starting down that road too, now. the concept was intriguing so I figured I’d take a listen. it’s 6 ½ hours long, and not much like the kind of music I usually listen to, but it’s really hitting me how shitty this disease is. of course I’ve known about what happens, and seen it, but somehow my family has been good at keeping us fairly well removed from the worst of it.

music is probably the most direct way I can access this kind of pain and empathy—not the only way, of course, but there’s sort of a short circuit with music that makes that the easiest. hearing this, and reading the descriptions, is just breaking me down. and I’m only about halfway through.

it’s a really strange sensation, listening to music that is meant to be so uncomfortable. hearing the music break down into fragments that seem familiar, but feel so wrong is soul-wrenching, when you think of what it’s meant to represent—and when you’ve seen firsthand people who have gone through it, and seen the confusion and chaos in their eyes... :(
you're the first person I have come across that knows this, I used to listen to it a lot, there are quite a few albums and they progress in the way dementia progresses, it's a unique experience to listen to it. I really enjoy his work a lot! Thanks for posting and reminding me.

guitfnky

04 Aug 2020

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Aug 2020
guitfnky wrote:
04 Aug 2020

you're the first person I have come across that knows this, I used to listen to it a lot, there are quite a few albums and they progress in the way dementia progresses, it's a unique experience to listen to it. I really enjoy his work a lot! Thanks for posting and reminding me.
👍🏼 I’d never even heard of it until it popped up in my feed. super evocative—so much so that I think I may have a hard time listening more than a few times. kind of emotionally draining, in a good (and bad, but mostly good) way.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Tiny Montgomery

07 Aug 2020

Tom Moulton mix. 12 minutes of bliss.

hurricane
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2020

wowhow wrote:
04 Aug 2020
Yeah, ME! I love this stuff.

I like Blackpink. Their producer - Teddy Park - is a GENIUS. Their latest track is EPIC.

And then the track they did with Lady Gaga - so simple, so good:

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

wowhow
Competition Winner

13 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
07 Aug 2020
wowhow wrote:
04 Aug 2020

I like Blackpink. Their producer - Teddy Park - is a GENIUS. Their latest track is EPIC.

And then the track they did with Lady Gaga - so simple, so good:

Yea! My favorite by blackpink and teddypark is "du du du".

Jagwah

17 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
07 Aug 2020
wowhow wrote:
04 Aug 2020

Holy crap Blackpink is really cool will check out twice bit later

miyaru

05 Sep 2020

Right now I'm listening to the Claypool Lennon Delirium - South of Reality.

And yes it is like Primus meeting the Beatles!!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

miyaru

05 Sep 2020

stopify96 wrote:
05 Sep 2020
miyaru wrote:
05 Sep 2020
Right now I'm listening to the Claypool Lennon Delirium - South of Reality.

And yes it is like Primus meeting the Beatles!!!!!
Why would you mention predator 2 amongst actual daws ?
I added it to the list of my other synths, it's not so much added as a DAW, but as a synth amongst my Korg's........
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

Dabbler

07 Sep 2020

Dabbler

11 Sep 2020

mjxl

11 Sep 2020

'MOTHER NATURE IS A COWAAAARDDDDDD'

also Gorillaz. :ugeek:

• Information