What have you been listening to?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
polardozer

17 Jan 2015

I'm big into Scientist's stuff recently...

dconana

17 Jan 2015

I've been listening to about 4 songs on repeat lately.. A strange little playlist, but it brings me pleasure.

Prefab Sprout - Technique
Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
Pixies - Debaser
Manic Street Preachers - Jackie Collins Existential Question Time

Yorick

17 Jan 2015

I can't stop listening to this album

ohmygoff

17 Jan 2015

Just recently I was introduced to these two croatian guys, doing mainly cover stuff on two celli. A bit like Apocalyptica, but I really like how these guys capture the essential parts of complete band arrangements in there two-piece performance.

This one got me crying like a baby when I first saw it (skip to 1:55 if you don't want the announcement).

Iapetus 9

18 Jan 2015

Testing out the forum and listening to TRS-80 every day.
38L > 51D every time.

normen

18 Jan 2015

ohmygoff wrote:Just recently I was introduced to these two croatian guys, doing mainly cover stuff on two celli. A bit like Apocalyptica, but I really like how these guys capture the essential parts of complete band arrangements in there two-piece performance.

This one got me crying like a baby when I first saw it (skip to 1:55 if you don't want the announcement).
Cool, very nice, they are much better in tune than Apocalyptica though ;) To me Apo always sounds abysmal live, the staccato parts of the metal songs they play sound like a big constant fart on large PAs

:s0536:

tt_lab

18 Jan 2015

Lately...I've been listening to RZA, Jedi mind tricks, Tanita Tikaram and Rancid.

Android.DK

18 Jan 2015

Röyksopp - "The Inevitable End".

From said album, "Skulls":

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

:reason: :re:

Android.DK

18 Jan 2015

Boris Blank - "Electrified".

"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

Marketblandings

18 Jan 2015

zeebot wrote:

There is always room for a bit of Grace :)
Yes! She is going forgotten now but her albums were way ahead of the curve. I couldn't believe my ears back in the day.

ohmygoff

18 Jan 2015

normen wrote: To me Apo always sounds abysmal live, the staccato parts of the metal songs they play sound like a big constant fart on large PAs
Although I really dig Apocalyptica's 'metal' approach, I have to say that I'm really impressed how well these two guys interact. Check out one playing the delay for the other on 'Smooth Criminal' on Youtube - that really blew me away.

ohmygoff

18 Jan 2015

normen wrote:
A Montrose (Sammy Hagar) song performed by Iron Maiden

There are so many gems to be found on Maiden b-sides....

Marketblandings

19 Jan 2015

i am wonderfully encouraged by these kids from Canterbury England!
Popular music needs to loosen up so badly.....

Marketblandings

22 Jan 2015

dconana wrote:

I've been listening to about 4 songs on repeat lately.. A strange little playlist, but it brings me pleasure.

Prefab Sprout - Technique
Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
Pixies - Debaser
Manic Street Preachers - Jackie Collins Existential Question Time
My post about this disappeared somewhere... So I will say again, that that is one of the most inspiring things I have heard in years! I am ga-ga. Is this typical music for Prefab Sprout?

It has a similar blend of musical theatre and pop/rock as this from the 70's:

http://youtu.be/fjDMU1t0k6k

On edit: had wrong video pasted in!

liampatrickingram

22 Jan 2015

guitar done right, so happy i came across him for the first time a month ago

X1Lo

22 Jan 2015

I'm a sucker for this.
http://youtu.be/TU3b1qyEGsE
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

electrochoc (PRX-A)

22 Jan 2015

Yesterday, I,ve discovered Micachu and The Shapes, a very unique band which blend pop, garage, synths and experimentation... I won't likely be able to listen to anything else in the next few days, but I'll keep an eye on this thread for some more interesting suggestions! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdnBn3ANOtU
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

ionly

22 Jan 2015

Really liking this at the moment.

Some very clever lighting and camera orientation, and a great tune...

Android.DK

22 Jan 2015

Android.DK

22 Jan 2015

Is it just on my end, or does all these video links make this thread extremely slow to load?

MirrorEyEs

22 Jan 2015

Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

MirrorEyEs

22 Jan 2015

Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

MirrorEyEs

22 Jan 2015

MirrorEyEs

22 Jan 2015

Last Alternative

22 Jan 2015

Android.DK wrote:Is it just on my end, or does all these video links make this thread extremely slow to load?
Especially on the mobile version. I was at a restaurant last night checking out these forums and holy cow was it slow!
Also it's annoying that you have to scroll forever to see new posts and then when you get to the bottom and click on 'load more comments' it kicks you topside back to the first comment and there you are scrolling forever to the bottom again...
Also there's a huge box for share and whatever that takes up what little screen room there is so you don't really even see much of the comments at all. I try not to go here on my phone.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

• Information