What about an actual domain name for this place?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
dreampolice

16 Jan 2015

I bet we could get one easy enough and forward it. Heck I would even donate it if we could agree on what it could be. 

tibah

16 Jan 2015

Brent already registered a domain for the forum, it takes some time though. Reasonchat.net

:)

joeyluck

16 Jan 2015

So did we grab reasonchat.com?

I had actually checked yesterday, and both .net and .com were available...
I was simply curious at the time why it couldn't be a .com (unless we're splitting hairs over 'company' vs 'network') which it is neither.

But now they are both unavailable.  Hoping the .com is at least in our hands.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

16 Jan 2015

Joey Luck wrote:That's too bad.  So did we grab reasonchat.com?

I had actually checked yesterday, and both .net and .com were available...
I was simply curious at the time why it couldn't be a .com (unless we're splitting hairs over 'company' vs 'network') which it is neither.

But now they are both unavailable.  Hoping the .com is at least in our hands.
.com, .net and .org are unavailable, but .info is still free.

-008'

16 Jan 2015

As normen mentioned keeping it private... Let's a few of us get on the little chat box thing at a good time and go back and forth with Brent while we all check "domainr.com" or something similar. Between us all we can have a much better name in no time. Whaddya say?
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

I bought the name last night for $25 so I am confused as well.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

16 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:I bought the name last night for $25 so I am confused as well.
Was it confirmed? When I bought domain names in the past I had access within a few hours.

Failed Muso

16 Jan 2015

Well, I guess when the DNS propagates and the domain either does or doesn't go live here, then we will know for sure.

Anyway, I've gotta head out. Doing my radio show in 30 minutes and I need to grab some vinyl. Feel free to tune in, live from 9pm GMT/4pm EST/1pmPST

http://mixlr.com/radio-pure-gently/

jfrichards

16 Jan 2015

In case it's been pinched, there are hundreds possible.  ReasonConnect, ReasonMusic, Reason4Music, ReasonRoom, Reason2Create, DiscussReason, blah, blah, blah.  It's gonna be a success as long as opinions don't become declarations of war.

-008'

16 Jan 2015

eauhm wrote:Looks like it indeed... but mehh... lets not give him the satisfaction of fighting over it and just choose another name ^^ Its time to build a community ;)

I'm going through some available .net names at the moment myself... I can see some usefull names i wouldn't mind registering for the cause ;)
eauhm wrote:In case it's been pinched, there are hundreds possible.  ReasonConnect, ReasonMusic, Reason4Music, ReasonRoom, Reason2Create, DiscussReason, blah, blah, blah.  It's gonna be a success as long as opinions don't become declarations of war.
Joey just got a really good domain while we were brainstorming in the chat thing! Were just waiting to talk to Brent.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

eusti

16 Jan 2015

-008' wrote:
Joey just got a really good domain while we were brainstorming in the chat thing! Were just waiting to talk to Brent.
Sounds good to me. I don't really care what it's going to be called...
I'll have it in my tool bar and can rename it anyway I want! ;)

D.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

16 Jan 2015

-008' wrote:Joey just got a really good domain while we were brainstorming in the chat thing! Were just waiting to talk to Brent.
I want to talk toooooooo :bawl: !

Heater

16 Jan 2015

-008' wrote:Joey just got a really good domain while we were brainstorming in the chat thing! Were just waiting to talk to Brent.
Sounds good.

-008'

16 Jan 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: I want to talk toooooooo :bawl: !
jump in the little chat thing on bottom right of screen? (On desktop anyway...)

jfrichards

16 Jan 2015

-008' wrote:jump in the little chat thing on bottom right of screen? (On desktop anyway...)
Can you have multiple people chatting with each other?  How?  I chatted with individuals so far.

-008'

16 Jan 2015

Not that I know of..yet, anyway. :) I just had a bunch of windows open earlier. Group chat would be awesome tho, if possible.

eusti

16 Jan 2015

We are ReasonTalk.com now! Yeah!!! Congrats!!! Thanks to all involved!!! :)

D.

penston

16 Jan 2015

Printing shirts now!

Olivier

16 Jan 2015

Sweet !!! Well done.. Gorgeous logo !
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

JoshuaPhilgarlic

16 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:We are ReasonTalk.com now! Yeah!!! Congrats!!! Thanks to all involved!!! :)

D.
Yeah, and so obvious :D !!

ScuzzyEye

16 Jan 2015

eusti wrote:We are ReasonTalk.com now! Yeah!!! Congrats!!! Thanks to all involved!!! :)

D.
I like the .com more than the .net anyway. :)

craven

16 Jan 2015

penston wrote:Printing shirts now!
throwing away all those reasonchat.net shirts now. And the hoodies, damn!  :x :D
:ugeek:

Julibee

16 Jan 2015

I like "talk" better, anyway. :)
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

selig wrote:At Failed Muso - Please no - IMO that's a form of personal attack. I don't personally support pre-bans OR personal attacks, no matter past behavior. This is a new forum, with new rules, and a new beginning for every one. Let's keep it civil and as professional as humanly possible. And also fun!
:)
I made a mistake, and you are right. The rules should apply to everyone fairly and equally. Folks shouldn't take that to mean that the moderation here will be anywhere near as lax as it was in the PUF though.

• Information