Site Suggestion

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

Firstly, thanks for creating this site!  I have but one small suggestion.  Can you make the logo a link back to the main forums list?  I keep wanting to click on it to get back to the list of forums. ;-)

Pepin

16 Jan 2015

I agree -- either a logo link or a Home tab to the left of the Control Panel tab.

jfrichards

16 Jan 2015

Click on Forums> at the top left of any page you are on.

tibah

16 Jan 2015

May I ask how you managed to make a link to soundcloud in your signature, without showing a gigantic version of their player? ;)

Pepin

16 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:Click on Forums> at the top left of any page you are on.
Yeah, you're right :)

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

jfrichards wrote:Click on Forums> at the top left of any page you are on.
True, but it's kinda small and there's that nice big fat logo that could be a "home" button. ;-)

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

emotica wrote:May I ask how you managed to make a link to soundcloud in your signature, without showing a gigantic version of their player? ;)
Just use the following code (removing the Quotes):

Code: Select all

["url"]www.soundcloud.com/yoursoundcloudname["/url"]

tibah

16 Jan 2015

Thanks! Will try that. Seems my BB code worked differently.

EDIT: seems you do need "www" in there, without that the player will appear. 

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

emotica wrote:EDIT: seems you do need "www" in there, without that the player will appear. 
Right on...Glad you got it working. :-)

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

Despondo wrote:Firstly, thanks for creating this site!  I have but one small suggestion.  Can you make the logo a link back to the main forums list?  I keep wanting to click on it to get back to the list of forums. ;-)
Done!

joeyluck

16 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:Hey Brent, also would be cool to make an icon for the site, coz I see only a blank white sheet in my bookmarks! :)
-008' said he's creating a favicon =)

Exowildebeest

16 Jan 2015

May I suggest more Reasony colours for the site?

Because this is very... un-Reasony, imo ;)

Heater

16 Jan 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:May I suggest more Reasony colours for the site?

Because this is very... un-Reasony, imo ;)
I was about to say the same.  I would like to see some nice reddish Reason colours.  Maybe have it as an option. 

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

Despondo wrote:Firstly, thanks for creating this site!  I have but one small suggestion.  Can you make the logo a link back to the main forums list?  I keep wanting to click on it to get back to the list of forums. ;-)
Lunesis wrote:
Done!
It was working for a while then it stopped.  I noticed that the link is currently sending you to "reasontalk.com" (which currently doesn't work) and not "www.reasontalk.com" (which does).  Might be a server-side thing, since the domain just propagated, but thought you should know. :-)

esselfortium

19 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:I love new look, looks awesome!
I like it too! Much much better than before :)
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

esselfortium

19 Jan 2015

Actually, I do have one minor complaint: the larger font size when browsing the list of threads. It's bigger than the text used elsewhere, and seems unnecessary to me. I'd rather be able to see more of the list without scrolling.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Lunesis

19 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:
Done!
Despondo wrote:
It was working for a while then it stopped.  I noticed that the link is currently sending you to "reasontalk.com" (which currently doesn't work) and not "www.reasontalk.com" (which does).  Might be a server-side thing, since the domain just propagated, but thought you should know. :-)
I just tried it and it works, got to be something that is not refreshing for you.

Lunesis

19 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote: Brent it's a bit strange, I'm subscribed to various topics but it stopped to send me email notifications, what gives?
In preferences all set up to get them!

Or you have disabled instant notifications for the topics?
I disabled user to user email but didn't think that would affect subscriptions. I'm at work for another six hours so I'll check it out when I get home.

Smedberg

20 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:Somehow I don't have sent messages in my Sent folder, maybe I'm doing something wrong & before send I have to check some box, hasn't paid attention to it if that's a problem!
I saw that also. Have not tried but will send one to you, and check the box saying " save a copy"

• Information