Humongous signatures

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

Anyone with an unnecessary large signature will be taken outside and smacked around the head with a dead carp.

And only reason we'd take you outside first is because the fish smells.

Gaja

16 Jan 2015

Yeah your signature is very large indeed :)
Would be cool if it could be smaller, but maybe it is a soundcloud matter?
I like to listen to songs in the signature once in a while, so I wouldn't want to hide the signatures all together.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Smedberg

16 Jan 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Anyone with an unnecessary large signature will be taken outside and smacked around the head with a dead carp.

And only reason we'd take you outside first is because the fish smells.
Soooo, I made it below "unnecessary"? :)

craven

16 Jan 2015

well, soundcloud inclusion seems to be a problem, I just added the same line as a sig I had at the Puf and it rendered it as the soundcloud player thingy... Lunesis will change that soon, I guess. After he is done earning money for our raffles :)
:ugeek:

rvman

16 Jan 2015

On a football forum I visit I had to turn off signatures because so many had very large sigs.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

craven wrote:well, soundcloud inclusion seems to be a problem, I just added the same line as a sig I had at the Puf and it rendered it as the soundcloud player thingy... Lunesis will change that soon, I guess. After he is done earning money for our raffles :)
just add the following without the quotes:

Code: Select all

["url"]www.soundcloud.com/yoursoundcloudname["/url"]

JoshuaPhilgarlic

16 Jan 2015

There's indeed a limitation. I tried to enter my old one from PUF...
REndomPatch - Free patch generator for Mac
• Re-Tron • Predator-RE • Antidote • Bitspeek • Pulsar • Saturation Knob • Echobode • Uhbik A, D, G, P • Polar • Flower Audio Loudness Meter • Shelob • Mordred • PDT2 • Volt CB-1 • Volt SH-1 • Ozone Maximizer • Yoko • Glitch • ReVolt • CV Tuner • CV Suite Line Mixer • CV Suite Line Processor • PCV • RPDistort • Morfin XF Crossfader • Viking • Anansi • Itsy • Stereo Splitter • G8 Gate • Divisor • Polysix • PX7 • Audio To CV • Truth • AutoArp • A-100 Series • WBL5515 • Neutron • Measure • Distributor • Now • Later • Lolth • Volt SL-1 • Charlotte • 4 Phase LFO • Directre • Wbl3001 • Scope Jr • DCAM EnvShaper • BZR-1 • Little LFO • RP-Verb • Equation Bundle • Mingler • Noxious • One-note stand • MonoPoly • Revival • Tick Tick • Randrome Bundle • AutoTheory • CV-8 • Tres • C1-L1 • Red Queen • Parametrix • Parsec • RE 200 • RE 202 • RE 302 • RE 60 • CV Mutant • Ammo 1200BR • Vermilion • PlayGate • TableOscillator • Snakebite • AdditiveOscillator • Module Maker Bundle • EDS06s • Crapre • Synchronous • CV-2 Meter • ИBOKC • Chip64 • Combo Compact • Combo Continental • Vectorizer • Euclid • A-List Electric Guitarist • Polymodular Freebies • TSAR-1R • ST-1 • Mercury • Quad • Skope • Spring Reverb •
... and it said that the limit was exceeded by 600 characters :D .

So I decided to use this one for now...

esselfortium

16 Jan 2015

Some sort of rules on image/embed sizes for signatures would be good. I'd argue that keeping signatures as small, simplistic, and unobtrusive as possible makes for the best forum reading experience. The forum should encourage the focus to be on the content of the posts, not on 500-pixel-tall animated gifs or SoundCloud embeds of 5 different songs.

I'd even argue for text-only signatures, but I probably wouldn't have many supporters on that...
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Arsenic

16 Jan 2015

esselfortium wrote: I'd even argue for text-only signatures, but I probably wouldn't have many supporters on that...
You'd get no argument from me. You can do a lot with text only and it's easy to add a link to SC or FB artist pages etc.

I've just seen the embedded SC player and it is huge - The player alone takes up well over half my laptop screen. Add pictures and videos and it is a couple of screens worth I have to scroll past.

Just the option to not display signatures would be a solution though....

Tumble

16 Jan 2015

I don't really mind esselfortium's, but can't you make animated gifs prohibited? I find them incredibly distracting and annoying.

Exowildebeest

16 Jan 2015

I was really looking forward to Sinnerfire's huge, wonky aspect-ratio'd ones ;)

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

This will be my next project guys. You can thank Soundcloud for the ridiculous wall-sized murals, but hopefully there will be something I can do to make things a little more reasonable. Just bear with me ;)

• Information