Digging the logo!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:I also like the different colors between 'REASON' and 'TALK' of the current logo to contrast the two words...  Rather than separating them via capital and lower case letters...

But if we switched Reason and the chat bubble to the approved orange or just black...  Maybe we could get away with using the actual Reason logo unaltered without looking hideous...?
Lunesis wrote:
I really am not a fan of the orange/black. I prefer the blue/white because the contrast isn't so stark. It gives a more relaxed feeling like clouds in the sky. I know it's a Reason forum and all but orange reminds me of pumpkins and squash :D

HOWEVER, I can figure out how to make different selectable themes then we can go crazy.
joeyluck wrote:
I completely agree.  I like the current colors.  I've seen the other colors too often.  This is new and refreshing and welcoming.  You phrased it well - relaxing like clouds in the sky.

The only reason I would consider going with the other colors would be to accommodate the actual Reason logo (if we were allowed to use it).  That would be the only reason in my opinion.  

But again, looks great as is!
Yeah, I tried both Ton's logo and your orange one I feel like I would have to change the whole theme of the site to make them fit. I do appreciate the suggestions though guys.

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:Let me try it.. I think orange and blue do go well together.
Well, if you're open to blue and orange being together...  Here it is with just replacing with the Reason logo...

Attachments
reasontalk-orangeblue.png
reasontalk-orangeblue.png (40.44 KiB) Viewed 1514 times

Ocean of Waves

17 Jan 2015

I'm not trying to be disrespectful and I think the current is just fine. I just wanted to show a version that's inline with the brand Reason, totally IMHO but it has a strong connection that people can relate too.

Being a professional designer during daylight I just needed to dabble with it.

Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

That gigantic logo that appeared a moment ago with the orange and black speech bubbles or whatever they were. Way too big. Consider that some users like to view forums at their place of work, and that one really stands out from across the office.   :nono:
My Words are my ART

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

I'm not sure of the rules (as I haven't read them all) and if we could use the Reason logo inside a bubble.  But from what I remember it was something about not changing the colors, keeping the background behind the logo white, and not changing the perspective...

Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:Let me try it.. I think orange and blue do go well together.
joeyluck wrote:
Well, if you're open to blue and orange being together...  Here it is with just replacing with the Reason logo...
joeyluck wrote: 
Nice  idea, but those colour combinations are terrible together. If you went down the route of having the Reason logo, you will need to change that baby blue to a colour than is sympathetic to the orange specifically (not so much the black). I just skyped this to my design guy colleague and he also said it's a poor colour combination
My Words are my ART

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

Any changes you decide, I would have -008' do and I would wait until the PUF is closed as we have many users sporting the current logo in their signatures =)

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Nice  idea, but those colour combinations are terrible together. If you went down the route of having the Reason logo, you will need to change that baby blue to a colour than is sympathetic to the orange specifically (not so much the black). I just skyped this to my design guy colleague and he also said it's a poor colour combination
I posted one with orange earlier.  I found the black to be too dull.  Hard to beat what is currently there.

esselfortium

17 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:That gigantic logo that appeared a moment ago with the orange and black speech bubbles or whatever they were. Way too big. Consider that some users like to view forums at their place of work, and that one really stands out from across the office.   :nono:
It could be made smaller.

The current logo is alright, but I quite like Ocean of Waves' orange and black one too :)

I think the forum theme would benefit from enhancement or replacement more than the logo would. The gray backdrop combined with white/cyan gradients are a bit on the tacky side, I think...
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:That gigantic logo that appeared a moment ago with the orange and black speech bubbles or whatever they were. Way too big. Consider that some users like to view forums at their place of work, and that one really stands out from across the office.   :nono:
esselfortium wrote: It could be made smaller.

The current logo is alright, but I quite like Ocean of Waves' orange and black one too :)

I think the forum theme would benefit from enhancement or replacement more than the logo would. The gray backdrop combined with white/cyan gradients are a bit on the tacky side, I think...
I have found it very easy on my eyes and one of the easiest websites for me to read because of those reasons...  I suppose we all have preferences =)

Ocean of Waves

17 Jan 2015

Sorry for the huge size! It's because I'm on a retina display ;)

• Information