Digging the logo!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
joeyluck

16 Jan 2015

Just a thought to make us feel more at home...
But I like it either way!  
It wouldn't be a PUF if we didn't start picking apart design! =P

Attachments
2179835.jpg
2179835.jpg (34.33 KiB) Viewed 2656 times

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

Joey Luck wrote:Just a thought to make us feel more at home...
But I like it either way!  
It wouldn't be a PUF if we didn't start picking apart design! =P

Is it legal to use their logo as far as you know?

joeyluck

16 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:Is it legal to use their logo as far as you know?
Good question.  I'm not entirely sure.  Some companies don't care.  Others have rules that you can use it without altering it.  

Maybe if we post a comment saying, "Based on..." In the spirit of Discover of course...  ;P

It wouldn't hurt to ask if y'all feel you want to incorporate their logo somehow:
https://www.propellerheads.se/company/c ... =marketing

Otherwise, I do like the way it looks now.  Just throwing out ideas to try and seal in more users.

joeyluck

16 Jan 2015

Found more info here:

https://propellerhead2.cachefly.net/img ... manual.pdf

Looks like you can't alter the colors...

I think this might be geared more towards merchants...?  Also, I think you still need to obtain permission to use it.

I could be wrong about any of this.

joeyluck

16 Jan 2015

"Developers of software applications, content and library products or
hardware who wish to show compatibility with Propellerhead software may
use the Reason, ReCycle, ReFill and Record in their packaging and
presentation, so long as Propellerhead is properly attributed, and it is clear
to the end user/consumer that Propellerhead is not the developer, author,
publisher, distributor or manufacturer of the third-party product. In particular,
this means third parties can not use the Propellerhead corporate logo
or Propellerhead design framework described elsewhere in this manual.

In general if you have a question, just ask us. We’re happy to clarify and
help you."

Ocean of Waves

17 Jan 2015

I'm not disrespectful for the design dub did, but I think it's wise to have something that is linked to the Reason brand.

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:I'm not disrespectful for the design dub did, but I think it's wise to have something that is linked to the Reason brand.
Let me inquire with PH and see if it is ok for me to use their logo.

-008'

17 Jan 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:I'm not disrespectful for the design dub did, but I think it's wise to have something that is linked to the Reason brand.
Admittedly, i didnt illustrate the "reason" part, just the "talk".

I wanted to... But there's not much I can use. Props are so very strict about logos and their usage. (Read Brand manual on their press page)

I'm up for anything tho. Not attached to anything. :) Don't hold back your ideas!
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Ocean of Waves

17 Jan 2015

Something like this:

Attachments
ReasonTalk.png
ReasonTalk.png (21.72 KiB) Viewed 2657 times

-008'

17 Jan 2015

Yeah we can use their "colors" with no problem, just not their brand icons. I like that logo!
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Ocean of Waves

17 Jan 2015

I think we're safe with this one. The font they used is a classic (Akzidenz-Grotesk) and isn't developed for them exclusively. 

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

I think we should wait until the PUF is closed before rebranding with a new logo.  So many folks sporting the signatures over there =)

I myself like the font -008' used (and the colors).  I like the shadow as it makes it less stale.  Maybe he could play with the colors?

-008'

17 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:I think we should wait until the PUF is closed before rebranding with a new logo.  So many folks sporting the signatures over there =)

I myself like the font -008' used (and the colors).  I like the shadow as it makes it less stale.  Maybe he could play with the colors?
Yeah I don't mind messing with it some more! You saw that I only made the current one in about 5 mins, when we were on chat yesterday. :)

All the blue and white only came about because Lunesis mentioned those colors to match the theme he picked for the forum.

We will think of something! Keep the ideas coming

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

I also like the different colors between 'REASON' and 'TALK' of the current logo to contrast the two words...  Rather than separating them via capital and lower case letters...

But if we switched Reason and the chat bubble to the approved orange or just black...  Maybe we could get away with using the actual Reason logo unaltered without looking hideous...?

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:I think we should wait until the PUF is closed before rebranding with a new logo.  So many folks sporting the signatures over there =)

-008' wrote: Yeah I don't mind messing with it some more! You saw that I only made the current one in about 5 mins, when we were on chat yesterday. :) All the blue and white only came about because Lunesis mentioned those colors to match the theme he picked for the forum. We will think of something! Keep the ideas coming
Yeah you did!  Great work in a crunch!  I myself like the blue.  It is welcoming and refreshing to have something different.  Maybe you could just play with the arrows in the text bubble to make them more 'reasony'?  But again, I like it as it is.  The folks in the PUF like it!

Ocean of Waves

17 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:I also like the different colors between 'REASON' and 'TALK' of the current logo to contrast the two words...  Rather than separating them via capital and lower case letters...

But if we switched Reason and the chat bubble to the approved orange or just black...  Maybe we could get away with using the actual Reason logo unaltered without looking hideous...?
Great idea
Attachments
ReasonTalk.png
ReasonTalk.png (21.72 KiB) Viewed 2612 times

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:I also like the different colors between 'REASON' and 'TALK' of the current logo to contrast the two words...  Rather than separating them via capital and lower case letters...

I really am not a fan of the orange/black. I prefer the blue/white because the contrast isn't so stark. It gives a more relaxed feeling like clouds in the sky. I know it's a Reason forum and all but orange reminds me of pumpkins and squash :D

HOWEVER, I can figure out how to make different selectable themes then we can go crazy.

zeebot

17 Jan 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:Something like this:

That is good, be nice if the prop logo was inside the orange box in black silhouette possibly?
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

Again, I dig it as is...  But here are some ideas that might permit us to use the Reason logo without altering it (and having it on a white background as required)...?

I'm at work right now, so these are crude examples (good ol' bucket dumped paint via Gimp) lol.

Attachments
reasontalk-black.png
reasontalk-black.png (32.94 KiB) Viewed 2599 times

Theo.M

17 Jan 2015

I just luurrrve this! 

I just saw Lunesis doesn't, oh well!

But even without their logo, just by looking at the above, you instantly know it's "Reason"..

On the other hand, the whole thing had not even crossed my mind till i saw this topic! i was looking at the current logo and thinking - "what a cool logo".

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

I like the overall feel of the one -008' created.  The font, 'TALK' being a different color.  I toyed with making 'REASON' black and 'TALK' orange...but it was too jarring and not as welcoming and cozy as the current one feels...  Just my thoughts.
Attachments
reasontalk-black.png
reasontalk-black.png (32.94 KiB) Viewed 2570 times

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:

Bavanity wrote:
I just luurrrve this! 

I just saw Lunesis doesn't, oh well!

But even without their logo, just by looking at the above, you instantly know it's "Reason"..

On the other hand, the whole thing had not even crossed my mind till i saw this topic! i was looking at the current logo and thinking - "what a cool logo".

Let me try it.. I think orange and blue do go well together.

joeyluck

17 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:
I really am not a fan of the orange/black. I prefer the blue/white because the contrast isn't so stark. It gives a more relaxed feeling like clouds in the sky. I know it's a Reason forum and all but orange reminds me of pumpkins and squash :D

HOWEVER, I can figure out how to make different selectable themes then we can go crazy.
I completely agree.  I like the current colors.  I've seen the other colors too often.  This is new and refreshing and welcoming.  You phrased it well - relaxing like clouds in the sky.

The only reason I would consider going with the other colors would be to accommodate the actual Reason logo (if we were allowed to use it).  That would be the only reason in my opinion.  

But again, looks great as is!

Theo.M

17 Jan 2015

Hey i see Joey's version being used now so I guess it's a test run? It works.. but actually, I just wish Props would let you use the logo with your original colours, now that i see the Orange  :?

• Information