First Post!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Arsenic

16 Jan 2015

Hello everybody

Well - I got here - Thanks for creating this place - I was having withdrawal symptoms in advance.

motuscott

16 Jan 2015

I'd like to apologize in advance.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

frog974new

16 Jan 2015

Julibee wrote:Good god, I just dropped from an embarrassing "Junior Member" to "Newb" I may have to find another forum. ;)
Lunesis wrote:
I came up with something a bit more comprehensive.. here is the rank list so you guys have some incentive:

Dabbler         0
Hobbyist        100
Producer        250
Expert           500
Certified Pro   1000
Audio Guru     5000
its seems you forget a line ^^
One More Time 1

congrats. for this new forum

odarmonix

16 Jan 2015

Sup guys !

With everyone migrating here I thought I'd join too. :D Kudos to Brent for setting up this fresh new place !

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

Who let JP admin? shall be having words... lol ;)

davidvilla

16 Jan 2015

What the hell - I guess I'll come too. 

:)

Loborg

16 Jan 2015

Hi.

superpop

16 Jan 2015

Hello

Ixus

16 Jan 2015

Greetings to the new forum! Im glad you set up this place, lots of activity already :)

Cheers to all!

Arrant
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

Thanks for setting this up, nice to see so many people are making the short trip over :)

I also vote for a slightly stricter moderation policy than on the PUF.

Edit: holy crap that signature is big

miahluvdd

16 Jan 2015

I'm liking this forum already. Already a bit of energy and interest that's been lacking recently in the old PUF. Like the look and thumbs up and down!!! Live on ReasonChat!!!!

dreampolice

16 Jan 2015

Well hello! This is fantastic! 

wilson75

16 Jan 2015

Hi everyone!

...looking forward to the next Song Challenges! :)

Frank

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

Well I wasn't blocked from joining up so that's promising :) .
Hello everyone. Let's hope for a long future and a pleasant experience.

Grum.

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

Hey Grumbleweed , I hope no one is being blocked from joining - I don't want an exclusive club here, speaking personally. I also don't want personal attacks, but feel that this place is about new beginnings. As such, everyone should be welcome, as long as they abide by the house rules. IMO this extends even to those who have attacked me personally in the past - life's too short to hold grudges or pre-judge folks. Time to cash in those Mulligans, folks!

But I must say that since my time on the PUF I have developed a "zero tolerance" for personal attacks. The one thing drawing me here it the mere possibility of a place that's moderated to deal with such things. Oh the simple pleasures…   ;)

I believe that if the rules are made perfectly clear from the start, and infractions are dealt with fairly and swiftly, such a world IS possible. Even for those who have struggled with controlling personal attacks in the past. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

zeebot

16 Jan 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:Well I wasn't blocked from joining up so that's promising :) . Hello everyone. Let's hope for a long future and a pleasant experience. Grum.
Damn, I thought someone was on that!
Welcome Grum, good to see you..the fruit punch is over there on the table, time to mingle
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

motuscott

16 Jan 2015

selig wrote: I hope no one is being blocked from joining - I don't want an exclusive club here, speaking personally.
I concur.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

electricfusion

16 Jan 2015

Hi All,

nice to see some familiar faces here.

:)
Soundcloud

Beatmensch

16 Jan 2015

Hi! I am in.

wikholm

16 Jan 2015

This might perhaps be "another suitable site", so, chiming in to give it a spin. I don't really have
<= that much of a beard nowadays, but I thought I should keep the avatar (it's not even really me - just my beard grafted onto the default user avatar from a now defunct forum.)

Even though Jiggery already used the F-word, I hope this place will turn out just fine. Nice to see the gorilla avatar again, which reminds me; what was - really - the deal with those pineapples? Because I must admit I haven't really got a clue. I guess it somehow pertained to the R8 beta, but unless it's still under some NDA, I'd actually like to know, if there is anything to know, that is.

After some 268 posts in 13 years at the other place, I guess I might remain a Dabbler for some time. This, I think, is the first time ever I have posted something just to post something. We'll see.

And oh, @Julibee: Yes, you spelled it wrong, one "t" too many in the end. But I'm gonna spell things wrong too, sometimes even on purpose. 

alex

16 Jan 2015

Hi guys! Thank you so much to Lunesis to bring this up and all of you for being here! :thumbup:
I've had sad feelings about imminent PUF closure but seeing how fast is growing the number of people subscrbed here, makes me feel better! :)
The PUF has been a great overall and unique experience to me, aside last few months issues, so I hope this forum will be the new reference place for Reason discussions and exchanges.

Propellerhead may have their own right to shutdown the forum (since it's not a charity foundation, let's put this way) but only one week of time to "backup" things IMO is not so nice and quite irrespectful towards all those people who made great and useful posts and spent their time over the years sharing knowledge and helping others... I really don't get this sort of "rush" to "get rid" of something.

Anyway, let's start fresh!

Cheers,
Alessandro
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

alex wrote:Hi guys! Thank you so much to Lunesis to bring this up and all of you for being here! :thumbup:
I've had sad feelings about imminent PUF closure but seeing how fast is growing the number of people subscrbed here, makes me feel better! :)
The PUF has been a great overall and unique experience to me, aside last few months issues, so I hope this forum will be the new reference place for Reason discussions and exchanges.

Propellerhead may have their own right to shutdown the forum (since it's not a charity foundation, let's put this way) but only one week of time to "backup" things IMO is not so nice and quite irrespectful towards all those people who made great and useful posts and spent their time over the years sharing knowledge and helping others... I really don't get this sort of "rush" to "get rid" of something.

Cheers,
Alessandro
Interesting point - I don't understand the rush either. I've contacted them to ask about getting more time for gleaning what we can from the old forum. :)

Selig Audio, LLC

zeebot

16 Jan 2015

Yeah,
there is probably the greatest information about the product anywhere in one place in those forums. Years and years of tips, tricks, links and advice.
I made nearly 3000 posts and though a lot of it was nonsense I did have the odd bit of insight and sound advice to give.
Props could at least archive it so future users can have access.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

stratatonic

16 Jan 2015

alex wrote:Hi guys! Thank you so much to Lunesis to bring this up and all of you for being here! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Alessandro
selig wrote:
Interesting point - I don't understand the rush either. I've contacted them to ask about getting more time for gleaning what we can from the old forum. :)
I was trying to find the Death by a Thousand Cuts thread that JP had started in old FS forum, but found that Props had vaporized the FS from the Search page.
I did find it later through Google. So the FS is still out there SOMEWHERE in cyberspace...
Hopefully the whole Propellerhead forum will be like that - intact, but just not linked up to the official site.
It's better than completely vaporizing it - which would be ludicrous.

Exowildebeest

16 Jan 2015

Testing testing 1 2 3

:comp:

:D

• Information