First Post!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Some Desperate Glory

15 Jan 2015

Nah it's easy enough to get around that by using a different username.  I just think we should keep a lid on drama as soon as it starts.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Some Desperate Glory

15 Jan 2015

Another idea to to add two separate subforums:  1.  complaining about Reason and 2.  Pathetic interpersonal drama

That way we could just avoid it.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

selig
RE Developer

15 Jan 2015

May as well give everyone a fresh start, in the spirit of starting over here - that's my take on the subject. I believe if the intention of the community is clear, then there will be fewer that will "go there". The PUF was basically a lawless place, so there was naturally going to be lawless activity. If we make this a professional and fun place (or whatever everyone wants it to be) with zero tolerance for ad hominem attacks, it will be more likely to attract the interactions we want to see instead of the interactions we can't look away from.   ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

ionly

15 Jan 2015

Hey.

Liking the new forum, well done Lunesis :D

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2015

Hello all....Nice place to visit...Looking forward to moving in for a while. :-)

Lunesis

15 Jan 2015

esselfortium wrote:Thanks for getting this set up, Lunesis! I was concerned about how well a migration could realistically go, but I already see a lot of familiar names here, so that's great :) Hopefully word will continue to spread, so that interested folks won't end up falling through the cracks.

Is the forum theme finalized? If not, something simple and readable (and less cyan) would be great, IMO.
I thought the sky blue would nice and soothing so people are less likely to go on a rampage :D I think the red of the PUF was one of the reasons everybody was so agitated (not really, but I love light blue). I'll have to dive in a little bit more this weekend and see what I can mess around with. 

Ostermilk

15 Jan 2015

What sort of place is this that would let me in?

eusti

15 Jan 2015

Thank you for doing this, Lunesis!

Looking forward to seeing how this new place will shape up! :)

D.

Rice

15 Jan 2015

Well, at least I'm still in the presence of greatness. Thanks for letting me in this joint Mr. Lun-e-tic :D

ikaracha

15 Jan 2015

I'm in!

Rice

15 Jan 2015

selig wrote:May as well give everyone a fresh start, in the spirit of starting over here - that's my take on the subject. I believe if the intention of the community is clear, then there will be fewer that will "go there". The PUF was basically a lawless place, so there was naturally going to be lawless activity. If we make this a professional and fun place (or whatever everyone wants it to be) with zero tolerance for ad hominem attacks, it will be more likely to attract the interactions we want to see instead of the interactions we can't look away from.   ;)
I agree Giles...I have learned so much from most of you guys and the thought of that wealth of knowledge being taken because (possibly) of certain attitudes really hit the pit of my stomach. Hopefully this place and those participating will keep their cool :crazy:

-008'

15 Jan 2015

Where did the chat box thing go? i thought that was kind of cool.

Are PMs working/enabled yet Brent? I was just going to send what we were talking about before.

FWIW, i tried to PM now from your profile, and it looked like it worked... but then i see "0 sent messages" from my side.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Android.DK

15 Jan 2015

Hello, I was marvil on PUF, here I use my SoundCloud name.
"20 years ago we had computers in the studios. Now we have studios in the computers" - Michel Moers.

:reason: :re:

Reasonistas
RE Developer

15 Jan 2015

Hello Everyone!  Nice to be here.  I guess this is new "unofficial" PUF?  :)
ImageImageImage

wendylou

15 Jan 2015

Welcome! PUF used to be nice in the early pioneering days.  I don't blame them for wanting to get out of the forum biz.  As a webmaster, I've managed a few, and just keeping the spambots at bay is a chore, let alone clean up in aisle 6!  :crazy:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Lunesis

15 Jan 2015

Noel G. wrote:Hello Everyone!  Nice to be here.  I guess this is new "unofficial" PUF?  :)
I guess that all depends.. there are a few options now including ReasonHeads and LearnReason but I wanted to do something that was less cluttered and more simplified in terms of subforums. Something similar to the original in terms of a basic theme. I may add some more features over time to encourage participation though. I will consider my plans more thoroughly in the coming days.

darkman7

15 Jan 2015

Greetings reason community and hello from Leicester England.
I honestly can not believe propellerheads closed the forum.  It just makes no business sense for them and for developers.  Also there was a great community on there and it was a great place for tips and tricks.  Oh well we will just have to move here and carry on all that was good in the PUF forum. :)

tt_lab

15 Jan 2015

Noel G. wrote:Hello Everyone!  Nice to be here.  I guess this is new "unofficial" PUF?  :)
Maybe the official RUF

am0eba

15 Jan 2015

Greets folks!

Big Props (forgive me) to Brent for starting this thing up. I hope you realize you're in for a rough ride, sir. Moderating a forum can be one of the nastiest, most gut-wrenchingly annoying things you can do. People will disrespect you and make demands and certainly not acknowledge the level of effort you have put into it, but for the rest of us, I say THANK YOU, and applaud your initiative. I think among the forum users I know, you are probably the one who would be most likely to make this work.

I'd offer to help, but I know I won't have time, and don't have the temperament for it. I hope you can keep your sanity while you deal with this. My first and only piece of advice would be to get help from folks you trust, and delegate as much as you comfortably can.

If everyone behaves, this could be a very nice destination for PUF refugees...

Best regards,

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

QVprod

15 Jan 2015

Well since everyone else is joining here I'll follow suit. With the PUF gone I'll need another place to kill time.

reason2dance

15 Jan 2015

I'm having a déjà vu right now. Hi everyone  :)  ...

MarkTarlton

15 Jan 2015

good to see some familiar faces :)

now lets make this the best forum on the planet!

EntityMusicEnt

15 Jan 2015

Hello everybody! Nice to be here.
:PUF_figure: :reason: :re: :ignition: :record: :refill: :reload: :rt: Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen - Blue Spark - NI Maschine Mikro mk2 - Nektar Impact LX25 - Motif ES6 - Sony MDR-7506 - Presonus Eris E5

• Information