First Post!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Julibee

15 Jan 2015

Actually, all I ever wanted was a thumbs up button, so... Yep. Happy as a clam.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Lunesis

15 Jan 2015

Julibee wrote:Good god, I just dropped from an embarrassing "Junior Member" to "Newb" I may have to find another forum. ;)
I came up with something a bit more comprehensive.. here is the rank list so you guys have some incentive:

Dabbler         0
Hobbyist        100
Producer        250
Expert           500
Certified Pro   1000
Audio Guru     5000

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

15 Jan 2015

Julibee wrote:Good god, I just dropped from an embarrassing "Junior Member" to "Newb" I may have to find another forum. ;)
Admin wrote:
I came up with something a bit more comprehensive.. here is the rank list so you guys have some incentive:

Dabbler         0
Hobbyist        100
Producer        250
Expert           500
Certified Pro   1000
Audio Guru     5000

Hmmm, well Giles should probably jump to Audio Guru, and I should just be Certified ;)

CharlyCharlzz

15 Jan 2015

I was in the lounge chilling and falled a sleep , why is everybody naked ..... what did I missed !?!?  :crazy:

Also I scored 7000 post yesterday on the forum but I still have no idear on how to program thor what about : Super Dabbler's 7000 (only of dumb questions)
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

ethday

15 Jan 2015

Hey Gang.  It feels like the part in the movie where a (Swedish made) atomic bomb explodes and everyone regroups underground to reform all of humanity.  I guess I call top bunk.

-008'

15 Jan 2015

stratatonic wrote:I also registered RasCricket's name. Boy, will he be surprised...

jk
lolllzzzz :rofl:

Hi all!  Testing... is this thing on? one, two. Turn me up in my headphones.
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

dconana

15 Jan 2015

Looking forward to dabbling

Julibee

15 Jan 2015

Speaking of Swedes and Audio forum nomenclature... The Kontrollrumett forum (general music forum in Sweden that I probably spelled incorrectly) has it's top tier as "Elvis". I always thought that was hilarious. Maybe in our case, it should be, like, "Aphex Twin" or some such, but still.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Some Desperate Glory

15 Jan 2015

Admin wrote:

Dabbler         0
Hobbyist        100
Producer        250
Expert           500
Certified Pro   1000
Audio Guru     5000
You should have one more level after Audio Guru.  How about "Giles-like"?
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Lunesis

15 Jan 2015

Thanks everybody for hopping on board! Hopefully we can keep the personal attacks to bare minimum and keep the vibe upbeat. I don't mind honest criticism but if you have a chronic nasty attitude I reserve my right to hammer you into oblivion :angel:   

Sinistereo

15 Jan 2015

Admin wrote:Thanks everybody for hopping on board! Hopefully we can keep the personal attacks to bare minimum and keep the vibe upbeat. I don't mind honest criticism but if you have a chronic nasty attitude I reserve my right to hammer you into oblivion :angel:   
Brent, shepherd of the lost tribe, wields the mighty whack-a-troll.

:)

TheGoodGoodMan

15 Jan 2015

TheGoodGoodMan wrote:I never thought i'd see the day... I have as many posts as Selig!!

Hello Everybody.
Wow, 3 thumbs up! I feel strangely appreciated.
I like this place already.
Julibee wrote:Actually, all I ever wanted was a thumbs up button, so... Yep. Happy as a clam.
You are so right about that. :)

selig
RE Developer

15 Jan 2015

Brent,

Can I put in a vote for a moderation level slightly more strict than the PUF for starters? 

May I also suggest you take advantage of this clean slate and create a CLEAR written statement about the rules, expectations, and consequences here. The more that folks know what's expected and what to expect, the less confusing for everyone IMO.

Oh, and you have my vote for PUF savior!

OK, I'll shut up now.
Selig Audio, LLC

J96one

15 Jan 2015

Thanks for setting up a new place!

craven

15 Jan 2015

this could work! we just need the vocative majority on this board and it's not the end of PUF but just a massive moving week  :)  
:ugeek:

Faastwalker

15 Jan 2015

Good to see people quick off the mark to pick up where Propellerhead are about to (they didn't give us much warning did they!) drop us off!

Lunesis

15 Jan 2015

selig wrote:Brent,

Can I put in a vote for a moderation level slightly more strict than the PUF for starters? 

May I also suggest you take advantage of this clean slate and create a CLEAR written statement about the rules, expectations, and consequences here. The more that folks know what's expected and what to expect, the less confusing for everyone IMO.

Oh, and you have my vote for PUF savior!

OK, I'll shut up now.
The PUF went under because they had pretty lax moderation. While I appreciate the fact that they had software to develop, they opted to give too many wrist slaps and second chances to people who had no intention of reforming their nasty attitudes. We know who those people are and they have no place here. Sure, if you want to debate something that is fine, but as soon as it comes to insults and name calling you will be hearing the whistling of the hammer. I will start writing up some rules so there won't be any confusion.

tt_lab

15 Jan 2015

I've just moved to a new house/studio...now to a new forum/home

SteveDiverse

15 Jan 2015

Hi.   
Sorry guys, I found you.
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

esselfortium

15 Jan 2015

Thanks for getting this set up, Lunesis! I was concerned about how well a migration could realistically go, but I already see a lot of familiar names here, so that's great :) Hopefully word will continue to spread, so that interested folks won't end up falling through the cracks.

Is the forum theme finalized? If not, something simple and readable (and less cyan) would be great, IMO.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

raymondh

15 Jan 2015

Hi Everyone

Brent thanks for setting this place up! Excellent!

cheers,
Raymond

Some Desperate Glory

15 Jan 2015

Hey Raymond!  Nice to see ya!   :)
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

• Information