Ending PUF with a bang!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Gaja

20 Jan 2015

Well really threads like this are really upsetting for me.
I'm not very mature myself, but this? Seriously?
where do you want to get by this? What is your purpose in life? Send dick pics to a bunch of software developers?
Seriously thoug. Do we have an ignore list?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

motuscott

20 Jan 2015

I am the A hole here.
Reining myself in as we speak.
Sincere apology.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Gaja

20 Jan 2015

Sorry. I don't think it's funny at all. I think it's childish and abusive and frankly stupid.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

20 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Um... ok. I voted for dick pics but I wouldn't actually do it. Give me a break. You're too serious.

Actually I am too serious. But I'm german, so I don't need to find everything funny.
I should probably not have too much interaction on the internet.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gaja

20 Jan 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Um... ok. I voted for dick pics but I wouldn't actually do it. Give me a break. You're too serious.

Gaja wrote: Actually I am too serious. But I'm german, so I don't need to find everything funny. I should probably not have too much interaction on the internet.
Nicola wrote:
Perhaps we have to understand that "Gang Bang" culture of the youngins. I don't know, ...all i know is it's a waste of time to create destructive spirals. Hollywood, MTV, the whole entertainment industry, ...who knows but certainly think tanks (sociology, social engineering for the sake of BIG profit) are partly to blame. Sometimes i get the impression we lost the ability to understand each other. I believe it's a "communication" barrier (...even native-speakers get in fights for silly things, regardless the language).
Actually I am one of the young people on here, but still have never been into gangbangs.
But yeah you're probably right. Negativity spirals are to be avoided, if one wants to be constructive. And I mSelf have been engaged in these several times.
And also Last Alternative is right, when he says I am too serious. Because I am, sometimes.
But he is especially right in apologizing. These are always good in my book.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Namahs Amrak

20 Jan 2015

Gaja wrote:Well really threads like this are really upsetting for me. I'm not very mature myself, but this? Seriously? where do you want to get by this? What is your purpose in life? Send dick pics to a bunch of software developers? Seriously though. Do we have an ignore list?
Are you joking here? I hope so, because that sounds like a fairly extreme over-reaction.

For the longevity and harmonious (well, more harmonious than PUF) community interaction, the smartest thing Lunesis and he team did was to create a 'Lounge' section. A place where we, as social creatures, can let off a bit of steam, chat about irreverent topics, and have a bit of a chuckle without interfering with the core topics that bring everyone here. Those who only want to read about Rack Extensions, Reason Developments or other platform specific items are now easily able to overlook that which they deem to be off-topic to our favourite DAW. This was one of PUF's biggest failings - having limited subforum areas will always descend into off-topic banter.

To suggest that people should kurb their humourous postings because a handful of people take offense is not in the spirit of free & open dialogue. You take offense, yet I find some of the posts here incredibly funny (namely the OP's dick pics suggestion, Last Alternative's suicide video's and motuscott's.. well I don't know, but he sparks a smile). By suggesting a level of constraint because your sensibilities are challenged is then taking away the joy from another. Do you know I have only laughed out loud twice today, and both times it's been due to this thread. Please don't take my sunshine away, Gaja.

Worst case scenario, is that if the Lounge topics get a bit off-colour, don't look at this forum. The core topics are still there for you to follow and participate in.

Some forums have the right idea, by having a lounge and also a trash bin subforum where posts can either be started, or shifted to. This is where the really funny guys go, as well as the batch threads where people want to let off some steam, and some people quickly learn that if it's not to their taste, then they can completely avoid the area. It keeps everyone happy. If there was a trash bin subforum, would you have expressed the same reaction?

My Words are my ART

Gaja

20 Jan 2015

It was never my intention to take anyone's fun away. I just never saw it as a funny thread. I thought it was an actual suggestion. Perhaps it's because I'm not a native speaker, or maybe I just don't have that sense of humor. But I thougt it was a serious suggestion.
Actually even now that I know it was meant as a joke, I don't think it's funny at all...
Sorry for being a humorless dick-pic-hating motherfucker.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Ostermilk

20 Jan 2015

Right, now Karma has straightened all that out.

Suicide vid, nah, I vowed never to do that again after the last one I did, so for me, ever reaching for the higher realms of taste and decorum, it has to be the knob gag.

Namahs Amrak

20 Jan 2015

Gaja wrote:Sorry for being a humorless dick-pic-hating motherfucker.
Now that's funny! You should add that to your business card. :t2018:

Stop blaming your German-ness on your level of humour, I have seen Rammstein performing live, and they are hilarious !
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

20 Jan 2015

Ostermilk wrote: Suicide vid, nah, I vowed never to do that again after the last one I did, so for me, ever reaching for the higher realms of taste and decorum, it has to be the knob gag.
The trick is to avoid the temptation to do a dress rehersal.
My Words are my ART

Gaja

20 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:

Stop blaming your German-ness on your level of humour, I have seen Rammstein performing live, and they are hilarious !
What if Rammstein is serious? :P
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Namahs Amrak

20 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:

Gaja wrote: What if Rammstein is serious? :P
*groan* I'm on the next Lufthansa flight out of Sydney and will come and tickle you into submission.

My Words are my ART

Ostermilk

20 Jan 2015

Smedberg wrote:"my buddy says there is a Reason sound, is that true?"
Always trust your buddy's ears.

Smedberg

20 Jan 2015

Smedberg wrote:"my buddy says there is a Reason sound, is that true?"
Ostermilk wrote:
Always trust your buddy's ears.
He has been a drummer for 40 years and say I must stand on his left side if I want to talk to him...

normen

20 Jan 2015

Gaja wrote:What if Rammstein is serious? :P
Oh they are serious.. about detaching wagner-esque pomp and jackboots from Naziism ;)

Lunesis

20 Jan 2015

I'm so glad I didn't have to lock this.

Olivier

20 Jan 2015

Gaja wrote:What if Rammstein is serious? :P
normen wrote:
Oh they are serious.. about detaching wagner-esque pomp and jackboots from Naziism ;)
I ran into Rammstein on a festival some years ago. Didn't know what it was, had a great time, been a fan since :P
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information