What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
dvdrtldg

05 Nov 2015

Two episodes into The Knick and it's shaping up well. Starring Clive Owen, directed by Soderbergh, quality all round

moneykube

05 Nov 2015

gak wrote:\I want an E-pig!
no...I refuse to prostitue myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

gak

06 Nov 2015

moneykube wrote:
gak wrote:\I want an E-pig!
no...I refuse to prostitue myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
hehe

Watching more "shorts" (I didn't know this channel existed!)

"Defining Fey"

:o

gak

11 Nov 2015

I can't remember all the names but the "shorts" I've seen this week so far are WEAK. Guess I found the most interesting stuff all at once?

Oh, also tried watching "blackhat" and pretty much I think they should have named it "ass hat"

I tried FF'ing to see if there was anything interesting and kept practically nodding off doing that :? Might just be my mood (far more music interested in the last couple of days FINALLY)

Tumble

12 Nov 2015

Fargo s2
Elementary s4
Okkupert (Occupied)
Broen III (The Bridge)
South Park s19

moneykube

13 Nov 2015

my computer

gak

13 Nov 2015

A good short "house at the edge of the galaxy"

Fantastic. Made me sad for some reason.

Also finished up "Continuum" and though I batch about parts of it I'll miss it.

CharlyCharlzz

13 Nov 2015

I watched a few last man on earth from S2 , want to watch the Mars movie the Martian .....

South Park is really lame this season so I'm not very much watching .

Z-Nation new Season I watched a Bit and will get that on DVD 4 shure !
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

14 Nov 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
I'm going to absolutely disagree. The first three episodes in particular were outstanding: very on point, very topical, absolutely spot-on, top-notch satire, and, IMO, some of the best episodes of South Park ever, and I've been watching it for nearly 20 years. SP works on so many levels it's quite a remarkable achievement.

Since the opening, it has dropped off a tad; last weeks ninja-ISIS thing didn't quite work for me, and police brutality part felt heavy-handed, but then, I guess that's the point with police brutality ;) . Satire, it's only as good as the material available at the time. I certainly wouldn't write this season off as "lame". There's still a lot of social commentary one can read into last week's show.

While I'm here, can I put a vote in for Star Wars Rebels. Very entertaining, and carrying on the good work of the Clone Wars series. Loved that the first new rebel fighter was the .... B-wing ;) I guess we'll have to wait until S5 for the X or Y!

The Muppets: so far there's usually been just one solid laugh-out-loud moment per episode, and one amusing moment with Animal that's always the same but Animal is always funny; overall it's a misfire. The "real-life" backstage component of the original 70's Muppet Show worked better, was far funnier, holds up just as well, and doesn't need all the obvious innuendo (and I love a large portion, missus, obvious or not) and the lame and largely unfunny guest stars, though Jason Bateman was excellent this week. I really don't understand what the point of this remake is: it's too adult for kids, too lazy for adults. That said, I'll probably keep watching, it might improve if the writers start to get a better handle on what they are trying to do.

Fargo S2: Probably the best thing on US TV right now.

decibel

14 Nov 2015

anybody else checked out "Ash vs Evil Dead" ? its ok, not amazing

freeQlow

14 Nov 2015

Extremist religious terrorists claiming we are waging a crusade after they 1st claimed their religious war.

Shit has been old and I wish the other side of what can be a beautiful religion that publicly denounce such terror would stomp it out instead of letting western militaries wage a proxy war inside both a civil war and religious faith based war.

Fucking tired of this shit.

freeQlow

14 Nov 2015

Spoiler alert before anyone gets historical and/or religious or personal. If you're Human and neither psychopath, brainwashed or a narcissist you can have empathy.

Violence will breed more violence.

I had a feeling some would sneak in with the refuge wave of over 750,000.

Everybody stay strong and don't let the violent few turn your fear into hate for any religion or nationality.

jappe

14 Nov 2015

I'm watching my post count, and I don't feel comfortable with what I see!
This post is the resolution.

freeQlow

14 Nov 2015

jappe wrote:I'm watching my post count, and I don't feel comfortable with what I see!
This post is the resolution.
clever and a +1 !

moneykube

14 Nov 2015

still watching my computer.... it hasn't moved one inch.... getting kind of worried

CharlyCharlzz

14 Nov 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
CharlyCharlzz wrote:
I'm going to absolutely disagree. The first three episodes in particular were outstanding: very on point, very topical, absolutely spot-on, top-notch satire, and, IMO, some of the best episodes of South Park ever, and I've been watching it for nearly 20 years. SP works on so many levels it's quite a remarkable achievement.

Since the opening, it has dropped off a tad; last weeks ninja-ISIS thing didn't quite work for me, and police brutality part felt heavy-handed, but then, I guess that's the point with police brutality ;) . Satire, it's only as good as the material available at the time. I certainly wouldn't write this season off as "lame". There's still a lot of social commentary one can read into last week's show.

To me south park was just more fun before (not that long ago) , they improved everything up for shure but it's been a couple of years that I watch it less and less .
maybe there new thing with parts of the script going for a few épisodes is going to improved with time .
I got the unsensored game for PC and that was a great buy , had my dose of fun 4 shure.

I agree on the Muppets , great to see that show again (Pigs in Space 4 Life) :)
decibel wrote:anybody else checked out "Ash vs Evil Dead" ? its ok, not amazing
I did , I am a Fan from the old days of this .
I would say that the sitcom is a bit like the video Games but less like the comic books .
I kind of liked it so fare but keep in mind that they really did it like if it's out of the first movies wich is awesome for fans .
I would think that since they already signed for a 2nd Season the next épisodes will start to be really cool since they will be done with a higher budget.

gak

15 Nov 2015

@south park: I was forced to watch it by evil troll people back when it came out for a couple of years. It has it's moments, but overall it's tiresome. The movie was great though. Hard to believe it's been on that long. Those guys must have diamond mining in their blood.

@Paris: It's dubby'a/muricas fault. Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

@computer not moving: You killed it, you bastard! (please tell me you get the lame reference)

CharlyCharlzz

15 Nov 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote: Fargo S2: Probably the best thing on US TV right now.

okay I was at my friends place and watched the last southpark , it was really good !
maybe I just was not in the mood last time I watched it LOL

gak

16 Nov 2015

Could someone please explain to me:

"Big Bang Theory"

and

"Two broke girls"

???

I watched a few episode considering they are really popular and was left thinking "FFS, I could be better than that and I'd ask a bunch less money!"

???? (and though I'm not QUITE as good looking as "two broke girls" they are not awesome foxes! )

freeQlow

17 Nov 2015

Something from Nothing: The Art of Rap

Ice-T produced documentary as the Nightmare Walking ex rapper travels coast to coast interviewing old school and new school artists.

gak

17 Nov 2015

How many times is "white people" used in it? Is it south or north of 200?

freeQlow

17 Nov 2015

188 by West, Kanye West.
Nobody else said white people the entire movie.
Afrika, Rakim, Raekwon, Redman, Dr Dre, Eminem, Treach, Nas, Premier, QTip, all the legends.

Was a bit long due to palladium commercials but worth the watch. Makes me want to buy Serato#
a lot of old school rappers were talking about spinning or were actually on the wheels of steel.

Glad Ice T did the doc and he connected with every guest.

gak

18 Nov 2015

"The stars don't twinkle in outer space"

Another sci-fi short. Really shocking at the end.

gak

25 Nov 2015

Hmmmmm, can't remember the name of it, but another "sci-fi short"

It was the year 2048 and kinda funny about a family that wants to take advantage of a "teleport anywhere in 4 seconds" and it was clever. Nice to know that ciggies haven't died in popularity though in 2048 :roll:

gak

26 Nov 2015

So I watched a couple of docs today.

"Mirage Men" which is basically about the obvious deception in the US government in hoaxing UFO sitings/trends to detract from experimental/top secret US military operations. Was really good up until about the last 15 mins +/-. Then it went weirdo. Was all about to jump on the "see, I told you ......as" and then it 180'ed. I'd say it's worth about 3.5 stars out of 5, worth a watch.

Then "Soaked in Bleach" which just further confuses me about the whole Kurt/Courtney/Death thing. At this point in time, if there is any truth to it, looks like "fishy" is an understatement. Always hated Courtney. SKANK! (and the actress that portrays her in scenes does a bit TOO good of a job :x )

Still, 3.5 to 4 stars out of 5. Gonna try and watch "Kurt and Courtney" tonight and see if there are parallels. Saw "montage of heck" a couple of months ago and HATED IT. Not only the doc, but Kurt. Whiny little twat! But I digress, I'm more confused than ever and not sure we'll ever get the truth.

• Information