What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
freeQlow

12 Oct 2015

It took me 1/2 way through Season 2 to get into the Game of Thrones. It's the Nights Watch & the King of the North and the little girl.

Damnit I miss Dexter, I could binge on Dexter for days.

Can one of my Euro mates snatch me up the 20 Year Anniversary Blu Ray Edition of "Four Rooms?"
Been waiting for eternity to find it on DVD/Blu Ray in the states...

moneykube

12 Oct 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Then delete the repost ;)
wouldn't let me…. blah blah blah about not deleting something that had been commented on
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

13 Oct 2015

moneykube wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:Then delete the repost ;)
wouldn't let me…. blah blah blah about not deleting something that had been commented on
Really? Quite a few times I've accidentally hit "reply" to my own posts rather than "edit", and thus double-posted. Unless something has changed recently, I always managed to delete the repost.

dvdrtldg

13 Oct 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:Orange Is the New Black is pretty fucking terrible huh guys

Thank god my partner hates it too. First couple of episodes she was on the fence, and I was terrified she was going to like it & we'd be in one of those shitty stalemates where she gets to watch an episode of a series she likes but I don't (Shameless, Game of Thrones), and in return I get to watch an episode of a series I like but she doesn't (The Jinx, The Thick Of It). Those situations never turn out well
It's a love-it-or-hate-it thing.

I actually quite like it. But, it should be pointed out that it improves when it moves away from being focused mostly on Piper, as large parts of s1 are; she rapidly became the least interesting thing about the show, and to the extent of even being rather annoying. Pensatucky's (sp?) arc, otoh, is excellent; a terrible character in s1, she's brilliant by the end of s3. Red's arc is also proving to be fascinating.

The s3 finale was fantastic. Orange s3 was far superior to the dreary s3 of the US House of Cards.
Ahh OK. Maybe I should have persisted... sometimes these shows do take a while to hit their stride, and these days with so much on offer it's easy to go DELETE at the first hurdle when there are a dozen other things ready to go. Right with you on House of Cards though... can't understand why everybody loves that show, I got through S1 but thought it was really dodgy.

Right now - cycling through Nashville, Justified and The Legacy (Danish series about a family fighting over an inheritance - really good).

gak

13 Oct 2015

I just don't like the premise. Regardless of the writing or the acting, a soap opera in prison is almost as bad as the idea that a school teacher becomes a meth cooker.

Resonator

13 Oct 2015

NY Mets vs LA Dodgers

LETS GO METS!!!

gak

14 Oct 2015

Resonator wrote:NY Mets vs LA Dodgers

LETS GO METS!!!
You jinxed it :x

Kershit-shaw balks his way to another win. It's criminal he's allowed to pitch. Hopefully the Cubs can beat their weenie asses.

Resonator

14 Oct 2015

gak wrote:

LETS GO METS!!!
You jinxed it :x

Kershit-shaw balks his way to another win. It's criminal he's allowed to pitch. Hopefully the Cubs can beat their weenie asses.
I felt like the announcer was jynxing it the whole time. Every time he started talking, the game got worse. :lol:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they pull through in game 5.

gak

14 Oct 2015

Nope, that's it :lol:

I've given "minority report" all the chances it's getting. Terrible. Just terrible.

The only other one I know of that I'll maybe, possibly, if I'm REALLY bored give a chance is "x files" and I'm already not impressed with the trailers.

gak

16 Oct 2015

LETS GO METS!!!
(a couple of games later)

Whew! Wish we were in it again but seeing the dodgers go bye-bye never gets old.

gak

16 Oct 2015

Really sick today from the constant heat/humidity/AC/fans.....hot cold hot cold. Anyways I watched a bunch of star trek TOS. As mentioned before, not quite sure what to make of the "renovated" copies. The "enterprise" looks cool most of the time I guess.

Mixed that in with a little NFL, a little college football and the MLB game.

Oh, coming up soon will be 2001! They have it on netflix now. One of my all time favs. I wish they'd get the refinished "THX 1138" :x

freeQlow

17 Oct 2015

This weekends rentals

Citizen Four
Edward Snowden Documentary

Age of Ultron

Tomorrowland

gak

17 Oct 2015

freeQlow wrote:
Age of Ultron

Tomorrowland
Do report back :)

gak

17 Oct 2015

So, michigan "hate" beat Michigan in the most impossible ending. Not the worlds biggest college FB fan but michigan "hate" has ripped my heart out against other teams I want to win so many time, I'm ordering a surgical tactical nuclear strike :lol: Now I have to route for ohio state? After beating ROLL TIDE last year?

Sports are awful right now.

At least Bama won.

Tincture

17 Oct 2015

I have no idea what you mean, but I like the passion. The world is American shaped I guess?

jallen97

17 Oct 2015

I just finished Bloodline on Netflix. I thought it was pretty good!!
I think I'm gonna start on Fargo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EnochLight

24 Oct 2015

In the mood for horror flicks this time of year, so the wife and I checked out Deathgasm last night. It was like a cross between the Evil Dead 2 and Superbad if it was directed by a metal head. I laughed my ass off several times.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

gak

24 Oct 2015

Taken 3

I loved it! Liam Neeson has been bondish. Thank god he's not in star wars movies anymore :mrgreen:

gak

24 Oct 2015

And Jupiter Ascending.

Not great, but kinda fun and I actually liked a lot of the FX. Kinda "marvel" rippy-offy, but better than some others I've seen recently.

Also watching a lot of typically predictable college football. Why I bother is not understood.

gak

01 Nov 2015

The usual tripe.

Obvious "wow, everyone knew that would happen" football/sports was.....obvious. I probably watched a combined 15 minutes of the games today and yesterday. BORING, predicable, and pretty soon every starter will be out for the year :roll: Glad I don't play fantasy football.

Tried to watch "the pyramid" and it's pretty boring. Might try to watch the rest later.

Saving finishing "Jodorowsky's Dune" as it's really fascinating. I don't want to watch all the "good" stuff because then I'll crave more and then be bummed when there isn't anything. :ugeek:

freeQlow

02 Nov 2015

Been on my WWII binge lately.
Started Fury again, then A Bridge Too Far (highly recommend watching it on Blu-ray) then Band of Brothers (because I've been working at Ft Stewart 10 weeks) D-day thru Bastogne.

I may be in the mood for Enemy at the Gates or Pelileu (my favorite Pacific Episode)

What's your favorite Non Documentary WWII movie?
Attachments
hr7udUgl.jpg
hr7udUgl.jpg (82.19 KiB) Viewed 1550 times

CharlyCharlzz

02 Nov 2015

!!!!!!ASH VS EVIL DEAD!!!!!!
I loved the movies (all of them) and ASH is Fabulous in this sitcom !
for those who played the video game it is a bit like that but it is pretty much the classic visual and Ambience .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

gak

02 Nov 2015

AVOID "the pyramid" at all costs. So boring, so stupid, so placid, makes me angry that anyone got paid to do that.

And just finished "Lucy" and it was......weird. No, not because of the concept, but because it was a good idea that was a short mishmash of WTF? Parts were kinda cool, but it was poorly done.

BTW, question, if you had someone kill your boyfriend, stuff drugs in you, and had the power to do anything, you'd kill everyone to get to him and then stick knives in his hand and leave him there so he could come after you at the end of the movie? I'd have wasted the muthafuka.

adfielding

05 Nov 2015

I've been watching Twin Peaks. Never watched it before, figured it was about time. Unsurprisingly, I've grown rather fond of it!
gak wrote:Saving finishing "Jodorowsky's Dune" as it's really fascinating. I don't want to watch all the "good" stuff because then I'll crave more and then be bummed when there isn't anything. :ugeek:
I've been meaning to watch that for quite a while. Thanks for the reminder ;)

Funny that you mention "the usual tripe" as well, I've been watching The Apprentice. The sad thing is, I know it's utter dog-shit. I am fully aware that it represents everything that is wrong with TV. I despise it and everything it represents. Watching it probably makes me a worse person... but it's hilariously terrible and I just can't give it up. It's the very definition of a guilty pleasure.

gak

05 Nov 2015

E-pigs

Fantastic short!

Wonderfully creative, original, funny, a little gross, and VERY VERY cute! I want an E-pig!

• Information