LANDR.com - the future of mastering??

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Janvier

04 Feb 2015

Everyone's goals and taste are different but from my perspective is that using a service like LANDR takes the creative fun out mastering your own or someone else's material, Mastering is an art in itself so some artists/producers like to be involved in it's evolution.
I totally agree, and would like to be involve. But you must be able to afford it ! 

Janvier

04 Feb 2015

doinky wrote:So in summary: 1) take out any compression or equalization 2) make sure your levels are where you want them at 3) make sure your overall level is not clipping and still has room for Lander to work with 4) if something sounds too low or too high in the mix, correct it and resubmit it
This is basically what I do! Until Im satisfied enough ! This is also what an engineer will do if he can get the result you want. He will send you back to your mix ;) !

Usually, the third version of my mix is the good one for LANDR!

Janvier

04 Feb 2015

FrankJaeger wrote:
Because your proposed fix is to "un-mix" you track while ensuring your levels don't peak at or over zero.  :s0959:
It is not un-mixing ! It is just subtle correction. A drop or a raise in the range of 1dB is often just enough.

• Information