Selling an older Reason version?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
sooper8

21 Mar 2023

Hi - I know you can't sell your 'old' licence if you still plan to use Reason (Which I do), but I have multiple licence numbers and reg numbers for Reason Adapted that I got when I bought some midi keyboards and they came bundled up with it.

So, if someone was looking to upgrade to the latest version of Reason, could they on theory with these reg, and serial keys upgrade at a lower cost than going in from 'new'?

And to do so, I would have to have the adapted version on my account and then transfer over to a new user in the usual way? (but how would a totally newbie to Reason have an account?)
Or do I just sell the registration and serial number 'credit card' looking type thing to them and they start from there?

Thanks
Everything you love,everything meaningful with depth & history,all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated,mishandled,watered down,cheapened, repackaged,marketed & sold to the people you hate

challism

21 Mar 2023

sooper8 wrote:
21 Mar 2023
Hi - I know you can't sell your 'old' licence if you still plan to use Reason (Which I do), but I have multiple licence numbers and reg numbers for Reason Adapted that I got when I bought some midi keyboards and they came bundled up with it.

So, if someone was looking to upgrade to the latest version of Reason, could they on theory with these reg, and serial keys upgrade at a lower cost than going in from 'new'?

And to do so, I would have to have the adapted version on my account and then transfer over to a new user in the usual way? (but how would a totally newbie to Reason have an account?)
Or do I just sell the registration and serial number 'credit card' looking type thing to them and they start from there?

Thanks
PM me those license numbers and I'd be happy to check them for you! ;)

To answer your question, it depends on what the license is, exactly. Was it a license for Reason Intro/Lite, for instance?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

sooper8

21 Mar 2023

challism wrote:
21 Mar 2023
sooper8 wrote:
21 Mar 2023

Thanks

To answer your question, it depends on what the license is, exactly. Was it a license for Reason Intro/Lite, for instance?
It was called Reason Adapted (I think it was slightly limited in some way, but not sure how?), and they came bundled free with Oxygen8 Midi keyboards I bought at the time. They are on a credit card type piece of plastic and I have just had them in the draw for years and thought they might be of some use to someone upgrading. I just looked on Reason Studios site and it appears it is possible to register them and then use the upgrade path to 12.

And it confirms on here in the spec
https://www.thomann.de/gb/reason_studio ... rade_1.htm
Everything you love,everything meaningful with depth & history,all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated,mishandled,watered down,cheapened, repackaged,marketed & sold to the people you hate

challism

21 Mar 2023

sooper8 wrote:
21 Mar 2023
challism wrote:
21 Mar 2023

It was called Reason Adapted (I think it was slightly limited in some way, but not sure how?), and they came bundled free with Oxygen8 Midi keyboards I bought at the time. They are on a credit card type piece of plastic and I have just had them in the draw for years and thought they might be of some use to someone upgrading. I just looked on Reason Studios site and it appears it is possible to register them and then use the upgrade path to 12.

And it confirms on here in the spec
https://www.thomann.de/gb/reason_studio ... rade_1.htm
If they are upgradeable, then WOW! That's awesome. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

21 Mar 2023

The Adapted version is very much like the Intro/Lite versions. It can be upgraded to full Reason but not with that linked product.
The RS shop has this: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... introlite/

sooper8

21 Mar 2023

DaveyG wrote:
21 Mar 2023
The Adapted version is very much like the Intro/Lite versions. It can be upgraded to full Reason but not with that linked product.
Thanks for that answer, much appreciated .

So, the upgrade on Thomann I linked to isn't going to do it?

DaveyG

21 Mar 2023

sooper8 wrote:
21 Mar 2023
DaveyG wrote:
21 Mar 2023

No, but this one will:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/reason_studio ... rade_2.htm

As for transferring it, if the registration card has definitely never been registered then you can just give those details to someone else and they can make a new Reason account with it then upgrade from there. You might want to check with RS support that the reg details are still unused and valid.

sooper8

21 Mar 2023

DaveyG wrote:
21 Mar 2023
sooper8 wrote:
21 Mar 2023

No, but this one will:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/reason_studio ... rade_2.htm

As for transferring it, if the registration card has definitely never been registered then you can just give those details to someone else and they can make a new Reason account with it then upgrade from there. You might want to check with RS support that the reg details are still unused and valid.
Thanks a lot - yes, I can see the 'Adapted' listed in there ...bit more expense on that upgrade path.

I'll check with Reason support of these are still good (I never used them, I have a 'normal' route in Reason), and if they are , and anyone here wants one, then drop me a PM.

EDIT - just messaged them for details and if it's permissible

sooper8

23 Mar 2023

They got back and said if never registered then they are fine for the upgrade path above

Anyone want one just message me

• Information