How many subscriptions do you have? Anything

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
reasonsuser88

21 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
20 Aug 2019
BTW, I liked your other avatar better :D
Spellcasting and chameleonism are cut :knife: from the same cloth.

The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

21 Aug 2019

Jmax wrote:
16 Aug 2019
5. Loupcloud
Ah, the monthly wolf subscription, very important! :lol: Are you on the domesticated or wild tier? :lol:

Adobe (hate it but it's been a necessity; I keep meaning to try Affinity and escape the Adobe lock-in)
Netflix
Prime
Audible
Contact lenses (via Boots)

I feel genuinely dirty about Prime given the reports of poor working conditions and environmental concerns over packaging (I once suggested that if Amazon shipped elephants they'd come in boxes built for blue whales), but they've made it so damn convenient as a one-stop shop for so much stuff, it's genuinely hard to quit.

Axing Sneaky Pete and The Tick, hardly classics but solid comfort shows, might have made it easier, but then the Beltalowdas done gone saved the genuinely class The Expanse...

reggie1979

21 Aug 2019

Yeah, Prime is a necessary evil. We have it because we're constantly using Amazon and it's just too cost effective for delivery of necessary items.

Prime and the music app are simply nice bonuses.

reasonsuser88

21 Aug 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
21 Aug 2019
Yeah, Prime is a necessary evil. We have it because we're constantly using Amazon and it's just too cost effective for delivery of necessary items.
I activate my Prime membership whenever I order some things otherwise it is dormant for around eight months out of the year. I try to make good use of my Prime months.

reasonsuser88

22 Aug 2019

I don't think Output Arcade is for me. Limited selection of scraps in each kit. Interface is way too much. The modifiers (modulation) aren't very amusing. Setting the key can be misleading because I have a loop that is clearly not in the specified key according to my ears. Ain't nobody got time for that. You see? There is a logical process here. :lol:

Jmax

22 Aug 2019

JiggeryPokery wrote:
21 Aug 2019
Jmax wrote:
16 Aug 2019
5. Loupcloud
Ah, the monthly wolf subscription, very important! :lol: Are you on the domesticated or wild tier? :lol:

Adobe (hate it but it's been a necessity; I keep meaning to try Affinity and escape the Adobe lock-in)
Netflix
Prime
Audible
Contact lenses (via Boots)

I feel genuinely dirty about Prime given the reports of poor working conditions and environmental concerns over packaging (I once suggested that if Amazon shipped elephants they'd come in boxes built for blue whales), but they've made it so damn convenient as a one-stop shop for so much stuff, it's genuinely hard to quit.

Axing Sneaky Pete and The Tick, hardly classics but solid comfort shows, might have made it easier, but then the Beltalowdas done gone saved the genuinely class The Expanse...
Haha yes, Wild tier of course ;)

Yeah, Amazon employees probably find it quite dreadful I can imagine. Packaging... yes like when I ordered a USB key and it came in an envelope 2 feet long. Score for mother nature! oh and then the plastic wrapping inside was a whole other treat. Amazon's return policy is also hard to resist. Don't like it? send it back! Think I'll watch some law and order tonight on Prime. My new bluetooth headphones and iPad case are on their way Saturday. Sigh... :)

Jmax

22 Aug 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
22 Aug 2019
I don't think Output Arcade is for me. Limited selection of scraps in each kit. Interface is way too much. The modifiers (modulation) aren't very amusing. Setting the key can be misleading because I have a loop that is clearly not in the specified key according to my ears. Ain't nobody got time for that. You see? There is a logical process here. :lol:
I really like Arcade. There's really no VST like it, so they have something unique in that sense. The interface is nicely laid out and easy to use. You can also use your own loops, and all the effects/modifiers with them. You can build your own sets. Something I haven't tried yet but will explore. The key changes don't work so well. Some loops/lines just don't translate well in another key and/or you don't hear much of a difference between say a major/minor key which is a little strange.
As for the Lines, I find them hit and miss. They've got a little bit of everything though and a nice way of adding a touch of this or that into a track.
I subbed, then unsubbed, then resubbed. It's the interface that really draws me in. It's just fun and inviting to quickly get something going. At 10 bucks (cough.. 13 CND) I'll gladly pay that once a month. Hell, I spent like $40 bucks today. Starbucks, Kabul Express, Tim Hortins. 20 on gas..

reasonsuser88

22 Aug 2019

Jmax wrote:
22 Aug 2019
They've got a little bit of everything though and a nice way of adding a touch of this or that into a track.
Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way looking for core ideas when I should be using it as a compliment. I still have a few weeks.

I must add the Output sounds are a PITA to mix for me including the Exhale I have. I don't mind it really (that's why I have ProQ3 :lol:) but damn those sounds are pretty wild.

reasonsuser88

27 Aug 2019

Cancelled Audible and YouTube to cover the cost of joining an entrepreneurship club and also started EastWest Composer Cloud. :twisted:

I cancelled my trial of Output Arcade.

I haven't chimed in on the R11 mania but I will not be updating so no worries there.

Update:

Music Entrepreneur Club: $24.99
EastWest Composer Cloud: $19.99
Plugin Alliance $16.99
Splice $7.99

Now we are cooking with gas. :fire:

OliverBlack77

12 Jan 2021

Here are mine:
Apple iCloud Storage (200GB)
Adobe Lightroom 1TB Photography
Office 365
1Password
CrashPlan
DropBox
MacUpdate
Outdoors GPS
Amazon Prime (should call their amazon customer service number as I have some problems with my account)

Don't regret any of them.
Last edited by OliverBlack77 on 14 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

miyaru

13 Jan 2021

I only have Spotify, not interested for subs on my TV or so..... I'm not interested in visual stuff anyway.

I would love to have Tidal, but it cost twice as much as Spotify, and would need a couple of expensive streamers.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

reusenoise

13 Jan 2021

Netflix basic
Disney (for kids)
Phone (Iliad)
Internet connection
Computer music just because it's on offer 1 year for 12 euro

Yonatan

14 Jan 2021

Not many RE subscriptions.I try keep subs at a minimum but it is hard in these times. RE sub will be my first choice when getting more time for Reason.

MicahMakenzie

01 Mar 2021

Creative Cloud -10$/month
Employee monitoring software- $4.99/month
Netflix-$13.99/month
VSCO - $20 a year
Dropbox - dont remember :)
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all its pupils."

work time - employee monitoring software

Karim
Competition Winner

01 Mar 2021

Just Prime and I unsubscribe for all possibile subscriptions
( I probably delete Prime too )

Jmax wrote:
16 Aug 2019
I"ve never been a subscription kind of guy. But that's changed this year. With everything up in the cloud, subscriptions are the way to go.
What do you guys/gals have?

1. Netflix (Premium 4k) (16.99 CND)
2. Amazon Prime (100 per year CND)
3. Spotify (10.99 CND)
4. Arcade (Output) (10 US?)
5. Loupcloud (my latest sub) (6.99 US)
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

• Information