Do you love writing?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
normen

08 Dec 2016

8cros wrote:I love to talk. But now I'm under the gun. QED :cool:
You came to a topic that's not about selig to talk about selig and now you say you're "under the gun" - do you know the term "self fulfilling prophecy"? Afacis nobody is keeping you from talking about anything but ad hominem attacks aren't welcome anywhere - just keep it to the topic and not about people. Again, your input is welcome and I'd like to see you contribute some articles but dragging feedback down to a personal level doesn't help anyone.

HepCat

08 Dec 2016

normen wrote:if it goes as far off the spectrum as "electric universe" or "flat earth" then you will inevitably have the equivalent of the whole scientific community against you.
OK l go with everything else you said but ... Electric Universe has something to it, l feel it in my bones. When's the last time you actually saw a black hole (l mean, the accretion disc)? Makes sense if they're electric phenomena, not gravity.

normen

08 Dec 2016

HepCat wrote:OK l go with everything else you said but ... Electric Universe has something to it, l feel it in my bones. When's the last time you actually saw a black hole (l mean, the accretion disc)? Makes sense if they're electric phenomena, not gravity.
Mhm, everything can make sense if you explain it in a vacuum and ignore all other facts. Its fun to play with such ideas and theres people knowing much more than you or I do ready to dismiss the idea of black holes if the evidence points to that - because they're not driven by proving an idea but by assembling the provable facts to a working theory that can predict things.

Anyway going back to the topic I'd like the articles posted on this site to be just that - scientific. Unless of course they're in the non-scientific realm (like inspiration etc.) in which case they should just not be dogmatic :)

8cros

08 Dec 2016

:oops: I never dogmatic. I am a skeptic and dry practices. I do not even theorist and I pragmatist. I never wrote nonsense in a flat earth. You spoil my image. Now I am blameless. :cry: :cry:
Last edited by 8cros on 08 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

08 Dec 2016

8cros wrote:
selig wrote:
I know you mean well, but let's all try to keep this thread on topic please.
:)

I think this is directly related to just this topic.

Your fans accept your point of view and are unable to accept something different. Think about what you say, for the majority of it is useless. And sometimes wrongly. You are talking about measuring the volume settings for example.
But none of them is not part of loudness: 1. It is not integrated loudnes 2. not true peaks, and it is 3. not loudnes range. You say it is not clear what in general.
And 2,000 people go with this information and sow discord and misunderstanding. :puf_bigsmile:

I am a very warm feel about you. But the army of zombies, big concern for me, to be honest. :redface:
:)
In the first place, that comment was not even directed at you, and in the second you are flat out wrong that these comments are related in any way to this topic.

If you have anything to say about writing for ReasonTalk, please continue. Otherwise, please take this conversation elsewhere. Like I've told you countless times, you are free to make your your own tread on any subject you like, but you are not free to derail other folk's thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

normen

08 Dec 2016

8cros wrote::oops: I never dogmatic. I am a skeptic and dry practices. I do not even theorist and I pragmatist. I never wrote nonsense in a flat earth. You spoil my image. Now I am blameless. :cry: :cry:
You seriously have to stop taking things personal.

8cros

08 Dec 2016

normen wrote:
8cros wrote::oops: I never dogmatic. I am a skeptic and dry practices. I do not even theorist and I pragmatist. I never wrote nonsense in a flat earth. You spoil my image. Now I am blameless. :cry: :cry:
I never take personally. This public opinion. :|
REASON RESONANCES

selig
RE Developer

08 Dec 2016

8cros wrote:
normen wrote:
I never take personally. This public opinion. :|
Again EVERYONE, please let's all stop taking things so personally AND take this conversation elsewhere.
This thread is about writing for ReasonTalk.
Selig Audio, LLC

8cros

08 Dec 2016

Kenni wrote: Great story man, but could you PLEASE make a thread about whatever it is you're talking about!?
No. I no longer fill up the content.
REASON RESONANCES

Kenni
Site Admin

08 Dec 2016

8cros wrote:
Kenni wrote: Great story man, but could you PLEASE make a thread about whatever it is you're talking about!?
... No? Fair enough. Since I then have no where to move your post to, it's been deleted.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

8cros

08 Dec 2016

Kenni wrote:
8cros wrote:
... No? Fair enough. Since I then have no where to move your post to, it's been deleted.
Remove then all my posts from this thread. All have read and watched. If this is unnecessary.

I'm worried, because competitors have the technology, and only in Reason that does emulation of the equalizer curves.

You can remove me from the forum. I took care of all the bridges. And burned them all.
REASON RESONANCES

platzangst

08 Dec 2016

Once I happened to be in a hotel room with a group of people attending a comic book convention. One fellow had a stack of nearly three hundred papers, which was a hand-drawn epic story for which he hoped to find a publisher. It had taken him nearly 5 years to get to that point.

At one point he dropped a can of soda and splashed his stack of artwork. He then picked the stack up and slammed it into a nearby wastebasket and stormed out of the room.

Sometimes I see things that remind me of that moment.

selig
RE Developer

08 Dec 2016

platzangst wrote:Once I happened to be in a hotel room with a group of people attending a comic book convention. One fellow had a stack of nearly three hundred papers, which was a hand-drawn epic story for which he hoped to find a publisher. It had taken him nearly 5 years to get to that point.

At one point he dropped a can of soda and splashed his stack of artwork. He then picked the stack up and slammed it into a nearby wastebasket and stormed out of the room.

Sometimes I see things that remind me of that moment.
I'm being totally serious when I say that would make a good story for the editorial section of the new site, if you're up for it. We've all been tempted to do just that with our creative work at times of stress and frustration, and many have done exactly that in the past. It's difficult to keep motivating yourself over the years, and easy to get frustrated and let a moment of weakness tempt you into throwing it all away. Classics "artist" scenario IMO, and something that could be written about from the angle of trying to inspire and encourage folks to keep at it even when they least feel like carrying on. Regret can be a batch sometimes…
Selig Audio, LLC

platzangst

08 Dec 2016

selig wrote: I'm being totally serious when I say that would make a good story for the editorial section of the new site, if you're up for it.
Well, I'll have to think about that - hadn't really considered it from any kind of inspirational angle, and am not sure I can tie it together in such a fashion. But I'll mull it over.

JNeffLind

09 Dec 2016

Kenni wrote: shoot me a PM here on the board, and include some references :)
Did you get the message I sent you with my rough draft of a video as a "reference." Does it seem like something that would be good for Reasontalk or should I continue on my own? I'm asking because I thought I clicked the button to send a copy to myself but I don't see it in my inbox, outbox, or sent mail folder...

kayfinesse

09 Dec 2016

I wouldn't mind but I may be pressed for time due to my day job. Who do I contact if I have something to share?

JNeffLind

13 Dec 2016

Has anyone heard back from Kenni? Not sure if I'm being rejected/snubbed or not.

Kenni
Site Admin

13 Dec 2016

JNeffLind wrote:Has anyone heard back from Kenni? Not sure if I'm being rejected/snubbed or not.
Not at all!

I've just been busy aligning the platform for guest authors :)

I got your message! I'll reply as soon as I'm home tonight.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Kenni
Site Admin

13 Dec 2016

JNeffLind wrote:Has anyone heard back from Kenni? Not sure if I'm being rejected/snubbed or not.
In fact, I haven't received a PM from you, only your reply in the thread here.

I'd like to see a YouTube demo for sure!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

ejanuska

13 Dec 2016

8cros wrote:I do not know how much I still have power. I'm not the one that which was before. It is very difficult to do has large patches. I only have old projects with children's visual design situations. And many big and not be finished tools.
I need good unique skins as well. Above my skins, everyone laughs and no of feedback. I am very ashamed to show new things.
I know a good graphic designer that can do Combinator skins.
I never saw the skins you are referring to. Where are they?

• Information