The Unofficial Euro 2016 thread.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Ostermilk

16 Jun 2016

Skullture wrote:That should have been a RED card, but obviously the referee is a brit and hates Belgians, so that just bad luck for us once again.
Brits hate Belgians?

Nah, I don't think that is the case. I think most Brits think Belgium is a district of France and they hate the French. Perhaps that's where the confusion comes from... :mrgreen:

I love the Belgians personally as I find them generally to be an open, cosmopolitan and freindly people and being as I live so close to the Channel I get to visit Belgium regularly to keep my chocolate stash topped up with the good stuff and always get a great day out thrown in... ;)

I'm glad too the Adam has a bet on Wales today 'cause at least I know now there's a small bit of cold comfort to be had if England lose as at least the bookies will end up owing him a few quid. Me though I'm predicting a 4-1 England victory which is an easy prediction as I don't have any money on that... :lol:

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Jun 2016

Meanwhile England wins 2:1...

tibah

16 Jun 2016

Poland today. I don't know about Lewandowski. There are so many players on our team that are his team mates at Bayern or people that used to play with him and next season will play again with him, like Hummels. I wouldn't want to go down as far saying Poland=Lewandowski, but he definitely can change the game if he has a good day (cough* 5 goals in 9 minutes). :mrgreen:

Gorgon

16 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:Meanwhile England wins 2:1...
With an offside goal. Ridiculous.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Ostermilk

16 Jun 2016

Gorgon wrote:
orthodox wrote:Meanwhile England wins 2:1...
With an offside goal. Ridiculous.
How is it offside when its a Wales player that heads it back to him?

Are you sayin England didn't deserve the win after being camped out in the Wales half during the 2nd period?

Emian

16 Jun 2016

Ostermilk wrote:
Skullture wrote:That should have been a RED card, but obviously the referee is a brit and hates Belgians, so that just bad luck for us once again.
Brits hate Belgians?

Nah, I don't think that is the case. I think most Brits think Belgium is a district of France and they hate the French. Perhaps that's where the confusion comes from... :mrgreen:

I love the Belgians personally as I find them generally to be an open, cosmopolitan and freindly people and being as I live so close to the Channel I get to visit Belgium regularly to keep my chocolate stash topped up with the good stuff and always get a great day out thrown in... ;)

thx for the kind words towards my people ;)

our chocolate & our beer is what makes us proud (& our Red Devils... sometimes) :p !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

EpiGenetik

17 Jun 2016

So wins for England and Northern Ireland :)

England deserved it on the balance of play really, I thought Wales looked timid, which is a bit of a shame as they can certainly outplay England. In the end it was about time that England gave up on the "control midfield and you'll win" idea. They needed a striker, and suddenly when they put a couple on it's rosey.

Germany looked less convincing, but got the win. Neither Gotze or Gomez is really doing it. Ozil was brilliant but a few times he delivered perfect crosses in and Gotze/Gomez didn't react at all. I'd be thinking they should play Schurrle from the start to spice things up a bit, his unorthodox style causes havoc for any defence.

Northern Ireland won! Repeat. Northern Ireland won! Well done lads :)

adfielding

17 Jun 2016

Ostermilk wrote:I'm glad too the Adam has a bet on Wales today 'cause at least I know now there's a small bit of cold comfort to be had if England lose as at least the bookies will end up owing him a few quid.
...my plan is not working out.

Emian

19 Jun 2016

so....

Belgium - Ireland 3 - 0 :D

well done dear Devils; nice game !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

tibah

19 Jun 2016

Pogba is on fire! ;)

Zac

22 Jun 2016

Well done Iceland :mrgreen: I think it will be a good game on Monday.

Ostermilk

24 Jun 2016

Zac wrote:Well done Iceland :mrgreen: I think it will be a good game on Monday.
Yeah, it would be nice to see some goals being scored.

sentient.minority

24 Jun 2016

Well England are out of the Euro.

orthodox
RE Developer

24 Jun 2016

sentient.minority wrote:Well England are out of the Euro.
Then so are Wales and N.Ireland.

Ostermilk

24 Jun 2016

So were Iceland when I last checked... :D

Soft Enerji

27 Jun 2016

Yup...........twice in 4 days :puf_bigsmile: Oh the irony!

EpiGenetik

28 Jun 2016

That moment in The Office when Ricky Gervais talks up what a great dancer he is before continuing on to hilariously make a complete fucking prat out of himself.

This is English football.

Anyway, well done Iceland :D

Soft Enerji

28 Jun 2016

adfielding wrote:FINALLY my strategy has paid off!
How much coin did ya make? :-)

And lets's face it. It was always going to.
Last edited by Soft Enerji on 28 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Soft Enerji

28 Jun 2016

Lowlifebware wrote:That moment in The Office when Ricky Gervais talks up what a great dancer he is before continuing on to hilariously make a complete fucking prat out of himself.

This is English football.

Anyway, well done Iceland :D
:puf_bigsmile:

Ostermilk

28 Jun 2016

With much aplomb I'd say... :lol:

England were about as effective as Brussels are dealing with a major humanitarian crisis.

No unity between individuals, no clear strategy yet predictably obvious and completely ineffective in all areas.

adfielding

28 Jun 2016

Soft Enerji wrote:
How much coin did ya make? :-)

And lets's face it. It was always going to.
That's what's so great about the strategy - the statistics speak for themselves, plus it's a great way to get me interested in football which is normally a pretty tall order ;)

In the end I came out with about £80. I've stuck another free bet on Iceland on Sunday because, hey, why not.
Last edited by adfielding on 28 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

orthodox
RE Developer

28 Jun 2016

adfielding wrote:In the end I came out with about £80. I've stuck another free bet on Iceland on Sunday because, hey, why not.
The organizers are not going to let France lose it. :)

Soft Enerji

28 Jun 2016

adfielding wrote:In the end I came out with about £80. I've stuck another free bet on Iceland on Sunday because, hey, why not.
Nice work :-)

Gaja

29 Jun 2016

orthodox wrote:
The organizers are not going to let France lose it. :)
You think there's a conspiracy?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

• Information