House Music Producer

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Creativemind

25 Jul 2015

Hi!

I'm looking for a House Music producer in the U.K that uses Reason 8.3. Stoke-On-Trent to be precise but that might be a long shot haha!

I'm after tips and tricks help better my tracks and possible collaborations on future tracks. My tracks seem to have potential but aren't getting there, and I need someone to give me some tips and tricks.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

gak

26 Jul 2015

I produce my music in a house.

I KID, I KID! :D

freeQlow

26 Jul 2015

Oonts, Oonts U S A

Maybe down the road a collaborative in order.

Let me know a Tempo and some artists you like.
I like everything from Leftwing & Kody to Umek, D Ramirez to Cut Lateral Groove.
Check out FM Producer/Studio vids, lots of interesting small tips and creative ideas. Swing is good and Fresh Vocals or Vocal Resampling.

paulm0000

26 Jul 2015

I produce house music , but I'm based up north in Yorkshire there's some good bids on YouTube search CM masterclass .

The one by tough love is pretty good

Creativemind

30 Jul 2015

Thanks Hobbyist!

I like old skool house music. Shades of Rhythm, PKA, Prodigy, Leftfield, ASHA, Jimi Polo, N-Joi, Moby etc. I like deep house too. Most of that.

paulm000 - thanks been checking them out. Find them too general, far too technical like kicks peaking at 100hz. I need practical stage by stage things using Reason really.

It's hard to explain what I mean. I need someone to collaborate with who uses Reason.

Tincture

30 Jul 2015

Creativemind wrote:Thanks Hobbyist!

I like old skool house music. Shades of Rhythm, PKA, Prodigy, Leftfield, ASHA, Jimi Polo, N-Joi, Moby etc. I like deep house too. Most of that.

paulm000 - thanks been checking them out. Find them too general, far too technical like kicks peaking at 100hz. I need practical stage by stage things using Reason really.

It's hard to explain what I mean. I need someone to collaborate with who uses Reason.
You can send me something and I'll send something back if I like it.

Sorry emian! Maybe I'll put myself up for judgement and send you something. Then again, loved the beats just changed the bassline and you don't have fm4...

Creativemind

02 Aug 2015

Yeah that could be an idea Hobbyist.

I can you see, come up with a good piano chord sequence, a good bass line, do an alright beat and come up with a nice vocal over the top, some nice strings as well. The things that I struggle with are in 3 areas.

1) - making the beats fat (I'm guessing layering and EQ is what's needed here but I struggle to really know what I'm doing there).

2) - synthesis (I can do something good sometimes but usually just a fluke going by ear), want to be able to make really good punchy bass lines especially for deep house and...

3) - what I call 'affective transitions' or is that 'effective transitions'?, as in, knowing what effects to include to give the track some soul and not make it sound too repetitive. Knowing when to drop stuff out and bring elements in too, to keep the listener interested in the track. With dance music it can be too repetitive can't it if you're not careful.

I can put in a white noise woosh in but you don't want to use more than 2 in the track, 1 is sometimes enough but they don't always sound up there, they can sound fairly good, but I strive for perfection.

Anyway, these are the areas I really need help with. I could pick a track I'm working on to send you and we could collaborate Hobbyist?

Thanks!

Emian

02 Aug 2015

Tincture wrote:
Creativemind wrote:Thanks Hobbyist!

You can send me something and I'll send something back if I like it.

Sorry emian! Maybe I'll put myself up for judgement and send you something. Then again, loved the beats just changed the bassline and you don't have fm4...
what why how am i mentioned in this conversation?? no hard feelings Zac, i'm very occupied diving into the Synthetic Rig (wich is quite a lot in it's total) & getting wasted in my yearly vacation ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

michael.jaye

03 Aug 2015

Creativemind wrote:3) - what I call 'affective transitions' or is that 'effective transitions'?, as in, knowing what effects to include to give the track some soul and not make it sound too repetitive. Knowing when to drop stuff out and bring elements in too, to keep the listener interested in the track. With dance music it can be too repetitive can't it if you're not careful.

I can put in a white noise woosh in but you don't want to use more than 2 in the track, 1 is sometimes enough but they don't always sound up there, they can sound fairly good, but I strive for perfection.
You can also use reverse cymbals and snare rolls/fills to make transitions.

I'd make good use of the random velocity and/or quantize in the tool window to keep from feeling too static/repetitive. Also chop and change notes and loops within at least a 4 bar phrase.

paulm0000

06 Aug 2015

Reading ?

Music tech magazine £25 6month subscription or single issues wh smiths
(Quite in depth)

Computer music magazine £25 6 month subscription or single issue whsmiths
(Little more basic)

Sample magics book "how to produce house music"

Bob Katz "Audio mastering"

Worth every penny in my opinion

paulm0000

06 Aug 2015

PS the sample magic book is explained via reason tutorials

craste

29 May 2016

Creativemind wrote:Hi!

I'm looking for a House Music producer in the U.K that uses Reason 8.3. Stoke-On-Trent to be precise but that might be a long shot haha!

I'm after tips and tricks help better my tracks and possible collaborations on future tracks. My tracks seem to have potential but aren't getting there, and I need someone to give me some tips and tricks.

Thanks!
I live in Birmingham, so not too far away from you, I'm on Reason 7 at the moment but will upgrade to Reason 9 when its out.

We could collab on a track then if you wanted too? Could use that allihoopa thing? or email files.

Creativemind

29 May 2016

E-mail files would be better. What kind of house do you make? Any links?

Creativemind

30 May 2016

paulm0000 wrote:I produce house music , but I'm based up north in Yorkshire there's some good bids on YouTube search CM masterclass .

The one by tough love is pretty good
Seen some of them yeah but either not my daw so a bit alien or not my genre.

Creativemind

30 May 2016

I've got 4 books out from the libraty atm.

Sample Magic's "Secrets of House Music Production", Bobby Oswinski's "Mix Engineers Handbook", Rick Snomans, "Dance Music Manual" and also Bob Katz, "Mastering Audio...the art and the science third edition". Some heavy reading mind.

What I find with these books though, the more technical ones like Mix Engineers Hanbook and the Bob Katz ones is, that some things still need explaining to me by someone else, I find, even though I know all about eq, compression, delay, reverb, hz, dB and such like, I still don't quite understand certain bits. That's why it falls down, then I lose my momentum for carrying on reading them 'cause I hit a wall where I'm not sure what they're telling me. Music production is one hell of a minefield isn't it.

• Information