Grain - music from the showcase video

Have some .reason song files you want to share? Make sure to self-contain, specify Reason version and RE's used!
adfielding

26 Oct 2017

I already posted this in the main music forum, but somehow totally overlooked that there's a forum dedicated to sharing Reason song files. DERP.

Basically - Reason 10 is out! You may have noticed there was a Grain showcase video. Here is the video:

You may have also noticed that there's a little song playing in the background at the start. Handily, I didn't use any Rack Extensions or VSTs to make it, so you can grab the Reason project file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llwjk3rc73czl ... eason?dl=0

(obviously you'll need Reason 10 to open the Reason project file)

The track is entirely Grain except for the drums, which are a combination of Reaktor for the little glitchy REX, and single hits from a little personal stash of drum hits I've got here that I may (or may not) properly release at some point. The arrangement is mostly built around a single block, so it's a neat example of arranging an entire tune around a single 8-bar loop while embellishing it and adding extra elements in the main sequencer view.

Hope some of you enjoy dissecting it!

Ostermilk

03 Nov 2017

Thanks Ad. You're a good lad.

adfielding

03 Nov 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
03 Nov 2017
Thanks Ad. You're a good lad.
I do try. Some say I'm very trying :) Cheers!

• Information