R8.0.3 Tech Tune file Using MS34 Chip Sound only !

Have some .reason song files you want to share? Make sure to self-contain, specify Reason version and RE's used!
Majestik Monkey

27 Aug 2015

[its open to anything]
but , staying with the Theam of Using MS34 as the Sound basis would be Prefered :puf_bigsmile:
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 28 Aug 2015, edited 2 times in total.

ScuzzyEye

27 Aug 2015

That's a great start to a track, I don't know what I can really add, except I changed the noise riser to take advantage of the unique noise of this chip. I removed the volume ramp too, because it's not really needed now. It uses noise rate 4, that takes it's rate from Voice 3. Since Voice 3 has it's volume turned down, you don't her it's output, only the rate change of the noise. Combine that with some crazy MIDI programming to hit every MIDI frequency, and you've got a nice sweep.

Majestik Monkey

27 Aug 2015

Nice that little addition Mr Scuzzy i like its digital nature ;)
took it a wee bit further + lol
Last edited by Majestik Monkey on 28 Aug 2015, edited 3 times in total.

ScuzzyEye

27 Aug 2015

Reason is telling me the file can't be opened. :( Maybe upload it again?

Majestik Monkey

28 Aug 2015

Ok i have Re uploaded Mr Scuzz !

Pls let me know if its ok ' Thanks Jamie ....

ScuzzyEye

28 Aug 2015

Same thing. :( Reason just tells me the file cannot be opened. I downloaded it with two different browsers. Maybe to the Save and Optimize the file, to get Reason to re-write it from scratch.

Majestik Monkey

28 Aug 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:Same thing. :( Reason just tells me the file cannot be opened. I downloaded it with two different browsers. Maybe to the Save and Optimize the file, to get Reason to re-write it from scratch.
Hmmmm Odd ?

The file was optimised ! I will try the download myself . will get back asap ! :question:

OK i too can not open the Downloaded file ????? Ughhhh :? I will try a Name change of the file !

I have changed the Name & now the file Opens fine ! :mrgreen:

ScuzzyEye

28 Aug 2015

I got it now. There was something more than the name different about the files:
9961524 Aug 28 15:40 MS34Tech-Zone (Scuzzy Noise Riser+) & Art.reason
9699380 Aug 28 18:07 MS34Tech-Zone Jp Se.reason
They are different sizes. No matter.

I just had a quick listen, getting ready to head out for the evening.

I like what you did. I think it could have been done with just one MS-34, though. Volume automation would take care of the one part where the Voice doesn't sound, and you can use the individual outputs to add a different effect to the Noise vs. the Voice. Could even use one mix channel, treating the L&R inputs as different channels, apply the effects you want to L or R, and then mixing both together with a line mixer, and outputting the stereo. But the MS-34 is light, so having an extra one in the rack doesn't hurt.

Majestik Monkey

28 Aug 2015

Ok Thanks Mr Scuzz !

I will let you hear the New Version that i will release as a Audiofile/Wave! ;) in a day or two?
I have taken it much further than the file you have & thanks for the tips!
I think you'l like it, when you hear it next . . . . :P

• Information