Reason Metal

Have some .reason song files you want to share? Make sure to self-contain, specify Reason version and RE's used!
Magel

10 Apr 2015

Here is for, Metal song builder's. With or without real bass and guitar. These sound can be electronic as well. Space - Black - Electro - Cyber - Symphonic - Heavy - Power Metal.

See here for idea's and principle.
https://soundcloud.com/magelorth-metal
All is done without playing guitar.

Any software offer a vast range of sounds and effects products, but only Reason do the work incredibly fast. But what for metal song maker's ?

It is hard to create a good metal song without knowing how to play guitar. But what if you are a keyboard player and don't want to develop guitarist skill's or you just are not able to, but you have great idea about this instrument.

Welcome

I share song's with everyone and developing an ultimate guitar refill.
You can share too and ask for guitar tracks or multitracks session and midi file for free to make your own songs. Creative Idea are welcome.

When you play music you have to feel the sounds to get idea's. Yes we can make everything with a 99$ Casio sound. But when you play with a sound that you feel and love, you get more great idea.

Since I use all my own created sounds and waves files I can not share my metal song in a .Reason file  because it will be too big. So I offer midi version to insert and replace in reason and audio multitrack .wav or mp3.

Attachments
Cosmic_Record_Media_Blue_Shade.jpg
Cosmic_Record_Media_Blue_Shade.jpg (302.1 KiB) Viewed 6767 times

KnowKontrol

22 Jun 2015

You can get cleaner sounds of your guitars with the right effects. Like you I do not play guitar... but I love guitar sounds. The idea tho is to make them sound real... or as real as you can. In your example the background guitar is very good. But when you get into the guitar melody it starts to fall apart. It sounds like you are playing a synth.

This is a track I just did also where I wanted to have what sounded like guitars. This is not my best example of what I think are realistic guitars... but its one that its a guitar playing a tad faster doing what guitars do. 

KnowKontrol

22 Jun 2015

looks like you cannot post time tags here. The real guitar part starts around 2:24, there are guitars prior but are not the best example as they sound like guitars... but are heavily over driven and reverberated. 

KnowKontrol

22 Jun 2015

I guess what I am also trying to say is it will take more than a midi file to make it sound like you have guitars in your tack. If you are making a refill I would highly suggest also adding presets for effects.

Magel

22 Jun 2015

You example is good but it is still a synth sound with distortion effect on it.

When you create a guitar, you really don't use midi. Midi is a binary system used as reference for tabs note and midi change as button on your device that can control a virtual software knob slider etc it can be complex

Only Yamaha still use re-sampled midi sound for is higher synthesizer because a wave form is easier to work, to get better versus a midi sound.

As for example reason don't use midi sound, but use midi message to make it possible as all other software to play with the RE and Vst sound engines.

My example is based on a real 7 string ibanez guitar that we have carefully recorded the basic note relative to a keyboard range. 

The way to create then a realistic guitar sound will depend on our demand. As keyboard player, having a real guitar sound doesn't say it will sound real. We have to play them and compensate the fact that playing a guitar you can mute from anywhere the strings and as a velocity you can understand that a kind off velocity is applied with a real hand on stings to bloc and control de vibration of the stings.
-Tjat can be aplied with a good tube compressor, compressing the wave form to a mute
It can be aplied before or after the distortion effect module. After is better

Then you have the equalizer that you have to know simple basic about mastering a guitar sound, what frequency is to play with and the one we just don't need as bass between 0-80hrtz

Also the picking is hard to apply because a guitar player will let certain string vibrate, willingly or not it create the realistic guitar sound with real samples so use a pedal on your keyboard.

Many keyboard player think that playing a keyboard is easy, but depending on the sound you use, sometime we need more technique and it is not just applied to the fact of playing on the key but controlling effect as well
Then the hammer technique can be applied by less polyphony, that automatically switch to the next key pressed as a professional guitarist.

A lot is going on a book is made about the refills to how to use them for beginner and professional.
I have many album in the metal genre, and I don't always force myself to work on a song but what I do more is composing from A to Z without retweeking. I like a live playing experience where it is possible to play them songs.
I wont put a lot of my hard work song for free also....
A real guitar sample, is way better than a synth sound with dst, for realism, it is important to respect the exact frequencies and wave form vibration of the guitar.
If it is done correctly you can easily make a synthGuitar dst as great as the solo guitar in Stratovarius, Halloween, rhapsody of fire, dream theater and so on. That come with the Refills.
go see prominy V-Metal, it is a Vst and nothing can be better than that. And we would like to have it in reason of course...

Everything logical is in the refills of course and also there will be pro.tools.tips Tu use them in a studio processing way.

But, as I say, if is focused before on the playing live, and fast, comprehensive so a musician can use is idea on the go

Ultimately you can pay or ask or do it yourself, playing a real guitar to (Track) the one played with the keyboard. Because you will never achieve as a real guitar no mater what.
Cheer

Magel

22 Jun 2015

Correction, if someone ask me for Reason authentic project and don't have my Guitar Refills, it will not be possible to ear the guitars. So by listening to my songs and asking the project files without the Guitar Refill, I can give them the midi file so it can be worked with a special vst instead. --->The guitar track (Could be used with a synth instead)
The full project include these track and can be used anyways withing Reason.
The refills will come with fully integrated Rhythm, solo, Hammer action, tap, mute, double playing control and more, as synth Guitars effects and manual + Techniques.

A full version and a lite version will be available.

Difference between the full and lite are as follow
In the lite version, everything is there and the module are used withing Reason using all Reason base module so no (RE)Rack extension. 

The full version will use (RE) Rack extension for a deeper experience including better demos, better control and greater realism

Magel

22 Jun 2015

Dabbler ...
My Metal song, yes there is solo synth as in any Metal Band who have a keyboard player in it who as to make some solo of it's own using these particular solo synth that resemble to a guitar hammer tone.

I think it is what you say it kind a fell apart, it is actually a synth and it is not falling apart. As I sed just before, a real guitar can not be match in some case as for certain picking technique and solo technique as well. So I use my dream theater like jordan rudess synth solo guitar created in our studio back in the 90s 

• Information