Search found 1926 matches

by Marco Raaphorst
04 Jun 2018
Forum: Rack Extensions
Topic: An update on copyright...
Replies: 167
Views: 10888

Re: An update on copyright...

The Props have never claimed there was a copyright case. Nobody is suggesting the Props have claimed a copyright case. What people are saying is that he undoubtedly has used samples from NI products that were recorded by e-instruments, claiming they were his own. Many people are also for good reaso...
by Marco Raaphorst
04 Jun 2018
Forum: Rack Extensions
Topic: An update on copyright...
Replies: 167
Views: 10888

Re: An update on copyright...

You still didn‘t say what your advantage is when snitching him? „I can‘t be 100% sure he gets punished so I do everything I can to make it sure“? And nobody said „he suffered enough“, don‘t know why you play like that. What I said is that none of us are able to say what is enough or not here. "Snit...
by Marco Raaphorst
04 Jun 2018
Forum: Rack Extensions
Topic: An update on copyright...
Replies: 167
Views: 10888

Re: An update on copyright...

This was all purely based on speculations which has gotten out of hand. Lukas of the Props is writing this: "It has never happened that any content owner has claimed copyright violation on the content of the product, and we don’t have any such ongoing situation now either." So Softphonics were not a...
by Marco Raaphorst
04 Jun 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Questions about Dr Octo Rex and Recycle
Replies: 7
Views: 442

Re: Questions about Dr Octo Rex and Recycle

Sometimes when repeating a loop or changing it from 2 to 1 bar you might find out that the last slice of the bar is causing a flam with the first slice of the next bar. You can put polophony of Dr REX on 1 or change the slice (which I often do when it's a timing error).
by Marco Raaphorst
03 Jun 2018
Forum: Hardware and Other Software
Topic: What headphones to get
Replies: 161
Views: 4797

Re: What headphones to get

Listening is not only an ear thing. It's also a brain thing. With the right references and you know how your tools work, you can use anything to create brilliant stuff. Because it is all about imagination and feeling. Alright, guys, I can clone the sound of others, but I would like to create my own...
by Marco Raaphorst
03 Jun 2018
Forum: Hardware and Other Software
Topic: What headphones to get
Replies: 161
Views: 4797

Re: What headphones to get

Listening is not only an ear thing. It's also a brain thing.

With the right references and you know how your tools work, you can use anything to create brilliant stuff. Because it is all about imagination and feeling.
by Marco Raaphorst
03 Jun 2018
Forum: Tutorials and Techniques
Topic: Sound design versus using sounds, ... just me?
Replies: 24
Views: 759

Re: Sound design versus using sounds, ... just me?

sometimes used ID8 because of this. just create arrangements and don't bother the sound. lo-fi approaches are nice to. to make yourself not perfect things but just try to be original. when you are original, striving for perfection is not important. must say I am much of a perfectionist who is always...
by Marco Raaphorst
03 Jun 2018
Forum: Tutorials and Techniques
Topic: Sound design versus using sounds, ... just me?
Replies: 24
Views: 759

Re: Sound design versus using sounds, ... just me?

but it wasn't about clients it was about "your own style" Even when it's client work, it's still your own style. That's the reason the client hires you. Depends on the client. Most simply want common stuff. Preset and stock sound everybody uses. Experimental stuff I personally love is often not con...
by Marco Raaphorst
02 Jun 2018
Forum: Tutorials and Techniques
Topic: Sound design versus using sounds, ... just me?
Replies: 24
Views: 759

Re: Sound design versus using sounds, ... just me?

You simply need to create something you like instead of pleasing others. Unless of course I’m doing client work or composing to locked picture for a film.....in that case it has literally nothing to do with me and the process informs the end-result! I’m not sure if you’re a hobbyist or a profession...
by Marco Raaphorst
02 Jun 2018
Forum: Tutorials and Techniques
Topic: Sound design versus using sounds, ... just me?
Replies: 24
Views: 759

Re: Sound design versus using sounds, ... just me?

You can totally sound like yourself even without you trying hard to create this. It doesn't matter what you use. It's more about your choices. People always think they need to change something to make it their own. That's not true. You simply need to create something you like instead of pleasing oth...
by Marco Raaphorst
01 Jun 2018
Forum: VST Plugins
Topic: Spitfire Audio - LABS - piano and strings for free
Replies: 28
Views: 985

Re: Spitfire Audio - piano and strings for free

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018


playing that piano. boom, Reason gone. huge crash.

it. is. shitty.
Are you on Windows? Which version of Reason?

I'm on macOS 10.13.4 on my MacBook Air running Reason 10.1 and not having any issues with crashing.
Mac 10.11.6

Crashed once. But it's behaving very badly on my system.
by Marco Raaphorst
01 Jun 2018
Forum: VST Plugins
Topic: Spitfire Audio - LABS - piano and strings for free
Replies: 28
Views: 985

Re: Spitfire Audio - piano and strings for free

joeyluck wrote:
01 Jun 2018
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
01 Jun 2018
very buggy. crashed Reason also.
Hmmm. I haven't been able to get it to crash yet. What were you doing when that happened?
playing that piano. boom, Reason gone. huge crash.

it. is. shitty.
by Marco Raaphorst
01 Jun 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Undeniable hits produced in Reason(>5 million views on YouTube)
Replies: 48
Views: 2812

Re: Undeniable hits produced in Reason(>5 million views on YouTube)

I did this mainly in Reason. A few things using Ableton rewired.

over 16 million views now.

by Marco Raaphorst
01 Jun 2018
Forum: Hardware and Other Software
Topic: ALK, superb looping idea
Replies: 4
Views: 240

Re: ALK, superb looping idea

Noise wrote:
01 Jun 2018
I have a dream. Reason for live performances using clip management or blocks done right lol.
Reason could do this arranged looping as well. As an extra mode, next to Block Arrangements.
by Marco Raaphorst
01 Jun 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Hydlide's Wife is not well (@reasonexperts)
Replies: 14
Views: 1064

Re: Hydlide's Wife is not well (@reasonexperts)

Bad news. Be strong and open to your emotions Hydlide! Fingers crossed!
by Marco Raaphorst
01 Jun 2018
Forum: Hardware and Other Software
Topic: ALK, superb looping idea
Replies: 4
Views: 240

ALK, superb looping idea

love the idea behind this software for live looping: https://zenaud.io
by Marco Raaphorst
31 May 2018
Forum: Rack Extensions
Topic: Beta testers needed for new effects RE!
Replies: 35
Views: 1738

Re: Beta testers needed for new effects RE!

interesting!

username: raapie
by Marco Raaphorst
30 May 2018
Forum: The Kitchen
Topic: An apology
Replies: 22
Views: 1180

Re: An apology

I guess anyone's view on the world and on people changes all the time. We're all exploring and discovering. Nothing is perfect. We try to find clues, answers, but will often not find them. We make mistakes. Which is good because that makes us learn. We try to be human. Try to understand each other a...
by Marco Raaphorst
28 May 2018
Forum: Rack Extensions
Topic: RIP, Håkan Müller
Replies: 33
Views: 2269

Re: RIP, Håkan Müller

Sad news but he will be remembered
by Marco Raaphorst
27 May 2018
Forum: The Kitchen
Topic: Softphonics are done???!!
Replies: 187
Views: 9535

Re: Softphonics are done???!!

I take this with a grain of salt. We are all copying. Sampling or resampling, does it really matter that much?

People can take samples and photos but we cannot resample or make a photo of a photo?
by Marco Raaphorst
23 May 2018
Forum: VST Plugins
Topic: Nick Crow Lab TubeDriver: best tube sim ever
Replies: 3
Views: 263

Nick Crow Lab TubeDriver: best tube sim ever

Recently I subled upon the Nick Crow Lab TubeDriver and wow what a beast that is. It adds odd and even harmonics but not in upper ranges, so it sounds warm and not overly bright. I compared it to many of my favourite saturation devices like the Klanghelm SDRR but the TubeDriver is more neutral sound...
by Marco Raaphorst
17 May 2018
Forum: Rack Extensions
Topic: Noise Engineering's 3x RE
Replies: 184
Views: 10797

Re: Noise Engineering's 3x RE

I love the rawness of it but they seem to be a little too limited imo. All 3 could be one device. I own all of these as hardware and I'm inclined to disagree with you. The impressive thing about these devices is the range of the different settings and how they interact. Combine that with three mode...
by Marco Raaphorst
17 May 2018
Forum: Rack Extensions
Topic: Noise Engineering's 3x RE
Replies: 184
Views: 10797

Re: Noise Engineering's 3x RE

I love the rawness of it but they seem to be a little too limited imo. All 3 could be one device.
by Marco Raaphorst
15 May 2018
Forum: Hardware and Other Software
Topic: Moog Grandmother
Replies: 38
Views: 1146

Re: Moog Grandmother

back to old school synths? this is nostalgia I guess. not innovative or interesting.