Search found 1235 matches

by deepndark
20 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?
Replies: 14
Views: 398

Re: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?

Ahornberg wrote:
20 Sep 2018
It's not about the individual sounds, it also depends on how they interact together.
Which sound covers which frequency range and covers which other sound?
This is the main-issue for me too. How to mix and make all the colors work/sound good together. :)
by deepndark
20 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?
Replies: 14
Views: 398

Re: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?

4filegate wrote:
20 Sep 2018
It’s not reproducing the data set, right? Artists need inspiration for their work, they're not static.
It has got too pre-prepared by me and forced. This means I write shit music mostly then. Lyrics are usually the hardest to write. But i think i might get myself rolling again. :)
by deepndark
20 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?
Replies: 14
Views: 398

Re: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?

I think that Reason has changed too quickly and I am a bit lost sometimes because of that. I should just have an overview of what my tracks call me to do. Before REs it was easy like you said. Big roster of choices is a two-sided thing, nice to have em but it can also be timeconsuming to find someth...
by deepndark
19 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?
Replies: 14
Views: 398

Re: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?

My audio interface drivers also switch the samplerates by their own. Weird. Not sure about anything yet though. But I'm trying to skip this all troubleshooting and try to solve my problems. Lets move further.
by deepndark
19 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?
Replies: 14
Views: 398

Re: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?

When I load my old R + R songs into Reason 10 and run them via my famous Dopetank mastering combi I get a superior sound. But all the new projects I start don't. My memory of R + R songs were that all the sounds matched almost all the time while now they all differ relatively so much. I arrow drumhi...
by deepndark
19 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?
Replies: 14
Views: 398

Re: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?

You mean trying to replicate sounds for song cover/remake purposes? If so, it will never be the same too many unknown variables. You can always get very close or decently close if you know what you are doing. The question is about how much time do you want to invest to replicate something, in my op...
by deepndark
19 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?
Replies: 14
Views: 398

How much you need to tweak to get your sounds match?

I don't know what happened to my way to work, but I feel like matching sounds is a very big work. All the samples, and instruments - they all require a lot of mixing and even after all that work, it's a compromise result. You?
by deepndark
19 Sep 2018
Forum: The Kitchen
Topic: You don’t have to do it like that
Replies: 41
Views: 961

Re: You don’t have to do it like that

Zac wrote:
13 Sep 2018
deepndark wrote:
13 Sep 2018
Marco is right, reduce rules to near to none and you get better results.
I want to eat your mum out. Is that a better result?
If you do it right, then. :puf_wink:
by deepndark
18 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Changing Reason 10 folder name can cause any problem ?
Replies: 8
Views: 229

Re: Changing Reason 10 folder name can cause any problem ?

My all sounds are on a different drive so when I need to re-install everything on c: I don't lose them.
by deepndark
17 Sep 2018
Forum: The Kitchen
Topic: A game: Let this thread die - the last reply maker after my own loses!
Replies: 0
Views: 77

A game: Let this thread die - the last reply maker after my own loses!

Haa, you know you can't be bothered - only because you want to Win!
by deepndark
17 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

What's wrong about mixer channel bouncing? I find it even more comfortable because you can set start/end points without changing the midi clips. Nothing, but it's "just" bouncing - you can't completely disable the source track (and hence its DSP load) and if you remove it, you can't edit & re-bounc...
by deepndark
15 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason Music
Topic: BrainTransfer [EDM]
Replies: 8
Views: 235

Re: BrainTransfer [EDM]

I meant the sound was a bit too hot by it's nature. :D I used Predator, Proton, Thor, Antidote, Khz One, Grain and Europa one Malström too. I'm glad you like it, thanks! Good tune. I liked it. Well structured and nice selection of synths used in it! :) Thanks, there's few things that I still need t...
by deepndark
15 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason Music
Topic: BrainTransfer [EDM]
Replies: 8
Views: 235

Re: BrainTransfer [EDM]

AS7RO wrote:
01 Sep 2018
I love the idea this sounds pretty decent.

Some sounds are a bit too loud, with the vocals as a reference in the beginning but later in the track vocals take the place they deserve.
Thanks for the feedback. I did some further tweaking, think I got some stuff better now. ;)
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

So about the PDC, the master section has one as well now in a R10? I've been clicking on that auto PDC and sometimes prefer it without one. But I know the Props are not clowns, they make their software like they would do for themselves as well. Lets wait and see.
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

But basically the both sides of the racks do the same tasks anyway, maybe now there should be something needed to be rewritten then? Erm...maybe i missed your point. Sorry. Well, you said the back-side makes it impossible to add features we want, but the backside could as well as being taken into a...
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

But,,, If a midiclip could be tickable to be part of "into audio in fly" - well, that was one of my first thinkerings about that solution to save cpu. The pre-calculating could be happening in a fly or the calculating would happen when you don't playback the song. Or both, but this is all I have, I...
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

But,,, If a midiclip could be tickable to be part of "into audio in fly" - well, that was one of my first thinkerings about that solution to save cpu. The pre-calculating could be happening in a fly or the calculating would happen when you don't playback the song. Or both, but this is all I have, I'...
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

VST speed-improvement should be secondary to REs and Core CPU improvements !
Right now we have like Gazillion requests that look like a giant mind-worm-noodle already.
Soonish it explodes and makes the Props rewrite it all from a ground-up LOL.
At least that's how some of us propably feel, heh!
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

The best things should be automated and your micro-editings also easlilie ready to be done, maybe few options/rules you choose to suite your workflow too?
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

Maybe a brickwall-ending automatically to the render-in-fly audio, but when you'd manually stretch a tail of a clip you could do that , when needed. IE, you manually re-render these.
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Re: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

And also, would there be some idea if you could pre-render certain tracks into an audio that streams em instead of CPU-calcualting them, but in a fly without bouncing them? EDIT: I'm thinkering now, that how would be a best way to do that here. As example would there be a need for an metering detect...
by deepndark
14 Sep 2018
Forum: Reason General
Topic: Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?
Replies: 24
Views: 659

Are all the devices in Idle mode if there's no hearable audio involved?

My latest track is making my i7 @3,4 Ghz crackling, I needed to increase buffer from 128 to 256. We know Props are working on a release that are making Reason faster in CPU, but I'm not sure if it has any benefit for us who don't use VSTs. Or in my case I have one ReaXcomp VST in a master-chain but ...
by deepndark
13 Sep 2018
Forum: The Kitchen
Topic: You don’t have to do it like that
Replies: 41
Views: 961

Re: You don’t have to do it like that

Marco is right, reduce rules to near to none and you get better results.
by deepndark
12 Sep 2018
Forum: The Kitchen
Topic: Musicians don't have an UNION
Replies: 8
Views: 206

Re: Musicians don't have an UNION

Adabler wrote:
11 Sep 2018
So does Finland it seems: https://www.muusikkojenliitto.fi/in-english/ :thumbs_up:
I shoulda check it with google first. :oops:

But: The Finnish Musicians’ Union (founded in 1917) is a trade organization for professional musicians